Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Halls

Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Guild halls

I miss them so badly. They were awesome in GW1, you have everything at one place and only click-away! Yes, I can go to Lion's Arch easily (and for free over the mists) to get access to all I need (crafting, bank, trading post, merchant..) but that's not it.

I feel like guild research don't have much options, my guild will be done with all reasearch by the end of the week. Adding guild halls opens many more posibilities for guild research.

Also, guild halls provided a perfect meeting place for the guild.

Anyone know if Arenanet mentioned the return of Guild Halls to GW2 in future expansions?

Comments

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Anet stated that they planned on introducing Guild Halls as well as Player Housing together in a patch after release. We don't have a time frame of when they will implement it, other than as soon as they can. We really don't have any more information on it, other than they will add them.
  • eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Does noone know the value of patience?
  • redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

I really cant belive they are adding guild houses but no plans for any form of guild conflict, territory control, or anything that could be used as an endgame pvp mechanic revolving around guild....no they decide to let the guilds all play house together...

Oh..yeah are they going to be charging $60 for the guild house playtime expansion?

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    I'd rather they fix the zombie'd DE's and WvWvW/overflow queues first.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Does noone know the value of patience?

Right now it goes for about 500gems/1.6g

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Originally posted by redman875

I really cant belive they are adding guild houses but no plans for any form of guild conflict, territory control, or anything that could be used as an endgame pvp mechanic revolving around guild....no they decide to let the guilds all play house together...

Oh..yeah are they going to be charging $60 for the guild house playtime expansion?

I believe they mentioned adding GvG in a la GW1 sometime in the future. I don't have a source link, but I thought I remember seeing them mention that it was under consideration.

As I said, we don't have any more information about Guild Halls other than they intend to add them. We don't know what they will entail, etc. 

Originally posted by cahenderson
    I'd rather they fix the zombie'd DE's and WvWvW/overflow queues first.

It's not like they don't have multiple teams working on separate projects. You can only have so many people working on one thing before it becomes a mess. They've most likely got a team focusing on server stability, and monitoring queues, a team focused on fixing bugs, a team working on the next expansion, and a team working on future patch content. 

As for queues, there isn't much they can do. If you are playing on a high population server such as JQ or HoD, then queues are to be expected. This is more due to technical limitations than anything. You can only let so many people in before it becomes a laggy mess. If you want lower queues, then you need to go to a lower population server.