Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weapon customization?

CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Hey guys, i'm new to this beta and am curious if someone could maybe explain how weapon customization works? I see on the forums debates about the best attachments and attachments created, but my problem is I don't even know how to get attachments.

I checked the little store thing and didn't find anything (again I could probably be doing it wrong) and I checked my inventory loadout... nothing.

Comments

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    They removed the NDA right...?
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Yeah they did.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Profile, then Certification, Attachments I believe.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Evening,

as of now its set up like this:

got your 1 character,  within that 1 character would be his classes.

each class will have either similar or certain set of weapons to choose from, certain being you cant grab a MAX flame thrower and chug it around as a engineer or cloaker for example.

take for instance the Vanu Heavy Assault,  they start off with the Orion (Rifle) 

with that weapon,  you are given a number of options/choices (certs) to apply to that weapon exclusively, 

forward grip - to tone down recoil when firing

Scopes - different certs to put into x2,x4,x8 and so on , in additional the IRNV (infared nightvision) , or red dot sights 

A additional side grade of either a Flash Light,  or Red laser if you choose to

then you have your cosmetic cert for your Weapon,  mostly Camo/pattern related, which you also have a list to choose from, either for style or tactical usage.

On a Side topic: with the new patch coming out for Weapon changes,   Several weapons will have different behaviors,  so players would have to get use to the weapons usage.

meaning, some weapons work better in burst while others dont, some may have faster degradtion or drop,  consistant firing may result for the recoil to slowly bank to a particular side (either up, left or right depending on weapon)

in general, you will have your shotguns to be in the mix as well.

Thanks for the all the responses guys. I gave it a shot and was able to get a silencer, however I find that I just cannot compete in this game given my system setup. Outside of battles I can get a 40-50FPS going but as soon as I enter combat and people begin firing I find myself getting constant stutters that totally screw up my aim on a person.
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by Celusios
    Thanks for the all the responses guys. I gave it a shot and was able to get a silencer, however I find that I just cannot compete in this game given my system setup. Outside of battles I can get a 40-50FPS going but as soon as I enter combat and people begin firing I find myself getting constant stutters that totally screw up my aim on a person.

Take a peek at the tweak guide posted by a dev to see if it helps.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/tweak-guide-v0-1.17230/page-5#post-252666

Originally posted by SysFail
    Originally posted by Celusios

Take a peek at the tweak guide posted by a dev to see if it helps.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/tweak-guide-v0-1.17230/page-5#post-252666

The funny thing is, I can run the game on high and low (with rendering turned down) and out of combat have 30-40 on high and 50-60 on low with rendering down. As soon as I enter combat no matter what settings I will experience lag, just not as much when on the low. Hell, on the low I do not receive lag except for on occasions. I find that most of the time when explosions, muzzle flashes, and smoke if all going off I go to the pooper.

You guys know if they'll ever allow you to completely turn off particles (except smoke as that'd be an unfair advantage).