Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now we have to wonder who all is going to buy the expansion

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
How long is this game going to last. A few years, maybe even a decade. And it's all mainly because of these things we call expansions.

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

It will last for long, thats for sure.

Why? Because theres so metric ton of stuff to do and I'm not going to list any of that because theres just so much.

And I for one will be buying expansions when they come.

And to clarify a common misconcept thats around in peoples minds:

Yeah some guys have indeed reached 100% completition already along with those few hasty people who went to 80 in less than 2 days. However just because they reached what could be called "the end" in some circles, it doesnt mean the game will just end there and no those people havent done everything there is to be done yet on that note.

There are 2 million other players who play the game and enjoy it at their own pace. I for example am still lvl 56 on my main character and I havent done a half of all the things there are to do.

So: Those few elitists/professionals/"nolifes" might have gone through it but the game hasnt ended for us. It will keep going.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I will buy expansions. I just want a small favor, can we get some gems that come with it? even as little as 100-200 gems.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Syno23
    How long is this game going to last. A few years, maybe even a decade. And it's all mainly because of these things we call expansions.

Sure it will last a while .. but at what size and with what player base ? To early to even attempt to decide ..

The game is still young and plenty of people are saying " We have plenty to do " .. Well no shit Sherlock , one would hope after only 3 weeks people would still have things to do .. Say the same in 4 months time and they may have a point .

But the game will last a while due to being B2P . Anet would have forcast their needs based on unit sales not player retention .. So in theory it will not matter to much if half the player base stop playing in 2 months time , as long as Anet can lure enough back with an Expack to make it worth their while producing them.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Depends what we get with the expansion and how much it will cost.

I haven't played GW1, perhaps someone could fill me/us in what we can expect.

Anyway, I played for 95 hours already and only discovered 13% of the map so there's no rush :)

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50
    Not ALL because of xpacs, anet has stated over and over (and again yesterday on official forums, last I read) that they will be adding new stuff for free, theyve said they will go further into how free content will be handed starting next month.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    They really need to fix the casual joke that is the PvP atm, then we can talk about expansions.
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I'm buying it.

If it released today?

I'd already have it.

If it releases in a year?

I'll buy it then too.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I have already gotten more gameplay out of this game than any other single player game I have purchased in the past 10 years, with the exception of the Street Fighter franchise.

I will definitely buy every single expansion they offer, even if my attention wanes for a few months in between expansions. Although this will certainly be my 'go to' game for PvP. I go on for a few games before leveling and then realise thatt I have logged off without doing any leveling because I was having so much fun in PvP.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by evilastro

I go on for a few games before leveling and then realise thatt I have logged off without doing any leveling because I was having so much fun in PvP.

Feel the same .. My toon is in a holding pattern atm since I log on and get caught up in sPvP and lose all track of time.

• DarthPiesDarthPies Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I'll buy all of them, if their not ridicously overpriced. 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Would I buy the expansion? Currently? I don't really think so. Its just not that worth wild to me and its not giving me enough fun to really warrent buying an expansion. I am having some fun but no where near what I would want from a game I paid for.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    guild wars 1 expansions were very dense in content and changes to gameplay mechanics. I personally was bored with the original guild wars game but i became a huge fan after the first expansion and subsequent ones. every time i came back with the expansion i would play for at least another 3-6months. Every time i left i knew, i felt like my money went to good use and i would be back for the next one. this is probably why you see so many diehard guild wars fans. 

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    They really need to fix the casual joke that is the PvP atm, then we can talk about expansions.

this pretty much, so far i have yet to hear anything good about the  W v W PvP situation, i'd rather they fixed that issue before they started worrying about expansions, one thing for sure, until they do, im not even buying the game let alone an expansion for it.image

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

No need to buy them, Gw2 will feature consistent free content updates and in-game events going forward. Our goal is to make it so you get more from Gw2 for free than you get from a game you pay a subscription for.

On top of a large amount of free bonus content, we will be expanding on offerings in the Black Lion Trading Company going forward, as well as be doing large-scale expansion content down the road.

We’ll cover a lot of the details on the kind of support and plans we have in place over the next month or so on the Gw2 blog and with our press partners.

We do appreciate that you’d like to buy lots of new content, but we’d prefer to give a lot of it to you for free, cause that’s what we think a responsible MMO company does!

Source: GW2 forums

I am surprised that ANet will give the expansions for free and hope to live from the CS in the future. But if down the road GW2 would offer expansions much like GW did (this will most likely happen I think), I'll get them for sure!