Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some help with the psu

forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

Hello all,

Well i just build a new pc and i cannot get the fan to run on my corsair tx 650 v2. it initially starts up for a few second then stops and doesnt come back on. I know its temp based to get the fans running on this model but i ran prime95 for about 30 minues so far and the fans still havent turned on also i have ran 3dmark11 and the fans didnt turn on.

thank you

oh the rest of the system is

i5 3550 ivy bridge

ATI Radeon HD 5850 (brought over from previous pc)

asus p8h77-v motherboard

samsung 830 128gb

western digital caviar blue 500gb

2x4gb g. skill sniper 1333mhz

cosair carbide 400r case

corsair tx 650 v2 power supply

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Is anything overheating?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    no nothing is over heating everything is running very smoothly.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Some power supplies have a fan that won't turn on until the load on the power supply gets high enough, or until it heats up enough.  Prime95 only stresses the processor.  Try Prime95 (with three threads, to leave one core free) and FurMark at the same time and see if that gets the fan to kick in.
    I did as you said with the Prime95 and FurMark fan still didnt cut on. Also  i am running 9 fans on the case.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by forcelima
    I did as you said with the Prime95 and FurMark fan still didnt cut on. Also  i am running 9 fans on the case.

Uhhhhh...

Those 9 fans are pulling outside air into  the PSU. You know, cool air.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

sorry, i meant on the pc case. The psu fan finally kicked on it took the 4th test 15 mn burn in benchmark and prime 95 running together  thank you Grunty and Quizzical.