Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok online 2 Legend of the second.

RhodinRhodin Member Posts: 18

Read some artikles today about shutting down RO2 the gate of the world aug 2nd to open the new enhanced and improved RO2 Legend of the second CB at aug 30th.

What i read was kinda thin info (Mmosite) .

Since i didnt find anything on mmorpg about the new RO2 i took the liberty to create it so people can discuss and show one an other new footage or interviews or comferanses.

** From mmosite**

Last July 1, 2010, Gravity Corp. announce that the current Ragnarok Online 2 server: The Gate of the World will be shut down on August 2, 2010 to give way for the (CBT)Close Beta Test of the new Ragnarok Online 2 server: Legend of the Second that will begin on August 31, 2010.

All former beta players who played the old server "The Gate of the World" will have a chance to request for a compensation for being loyal to the game. Every requests allows them to get 1000 RO worth of in-game cash, automatically enrolled to the new Ragnarok 2 – Closed Beta Test and a special themed outlook that will be given on the day of the server testing.

**End**

Feel free to komplain about my english aswell :P

Comments

• somaseieisomaseiei Member Posts: 16

Is there any news on when this game will be available? All i hear is the game still being developed, and re-developed. I hope they can fix the bugs and glitches that haunted them before. Its been years since The second coming of Ragnarok on-line was announced i hope they know that players have limit in waiting :(. And I hope it has an international version :D.

• shinkieshinkie Member Posts: 4

Its now on open beta at korea.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I dont like this game.  Its very quest grindy :( Nothing like the original RO.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

It was released in Korea in march or may. Its going to be released in the philipines in December of this year. Havent found any information relating to a internation release date though they do have a european website for the game. I played the original RO for many years so im hoping this one will be as good :)

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Twistingfate

It was released in Korea in march or may. Its going to be released in the philipines in December of this year. Havent found any information relating to a internation release date though they do have a european website for the game. I played the original RO for many years so im hoping this one will be as good :)

There were chinese people streaming it in justin.tv and they said that its very questy :(  and they said its similar to world of warcraft -.-

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• NitetasiaNitetasia Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by Twistingfate

There were chinese people streaming it in justin.tv and they said that its very questy :(  and they said its similar to world of warcraft -.-

Nothing wrong with quests :) Its much better then the old days of mindless killing to level. As long as it's got a story line somewhere in there that is stung out throught the whole game, I'm game.

Anyway, I too can't wait for this game. I played RO since Bata... RO is the only game that I have played longer than 2 years and find myself going back to it. It's got to be the Hats and Cards :P

• NitetasiaNitetasia Member UncommonPosts: 29

I'm just going to write this here.. to see if anyone has the same though..

I keep watching all the videos for RO2: LotS... and I can't wait for it but at the same time... I feel a bit torn. It doesn't have the RO feel to it.. I guess cuz RO was a top down veiw game.. and now RO2: LotS is like every other game out there.. Now think torchlight 2... RO2 could have had graphics like that and had the top view... RO2 could have kept the battle system they had and made it better... Then added all the new system stuff they have now to the game.. just a thought and a wish on my part.

• PuppehPuppeh Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Nitetasia

I'm just going to write this here.. to see if anyone has the same though..

I keep watching all the videos for RO2: LotS... and I can't wait for it but at the same time... I feel a bit torn. It doesn't have the RO feel to it.. I guess cuz RO was a top down veiw game.. and now RO2: LotS is like every other game out there.. Now think torchlight 2... RO2 could have had graphics like that and had the top view... RO2 could have kept the battle system they had and made it better... Then added all the new system stuff they have now to the game.. just a thought and a wish on my part.

There is no other game like RO and once you go mainstream with the game (RO2) it just becomes like all the rest of them and loses it feel since there just isn't anything new that you haven't experienced before in other similar games. Back in the day when they announced that they started developement for RO2 i was so hyped. I was actually hoping that they would save the feel from the game and just update the engine and graphics, so they would have more tools to make the game even more epic. Sadly they went totally the opposite way from what i hoped for.. had really outdated graphics and the game itself just felt really clumsy. Most must have agreed since the first attempt on RO2 was cancelled and then started new developement for RO2: LotS. At this point it is too late.. I have a feeling that this will be end of the road for the game. Better off playing RO and hope they keep developing it.. atleast it still has that good feel to it (atleast on the vanilla servers that warpportal was kind enough to open for us).

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

If only it was Ragnarok and just some cheesy 3D thing with RO hats and loose basing off the classes I might be interested.

Why can't companies realize that if the original format was very popular and well liked, they don't got to completely butcher it and put the title into something that has barely any resemblence to the original? 

• GamesForYouGamesForYou Member Posts: 1
    Guys! I think RO2 is finally coming in English!

There's lots of rumors going on right now that the RO2 will be launched in December!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_Online_2:_Legend_of_the_Second#Development