Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Second Life Community Convention in NYC

GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

I think this was bound to happen - when the user base grows, users get together and meet :)

The 1st Second Life Community Convention will be held in New York City, October 8th-9th, at the New York Law School - yes, at the same time as the State of Play conference on law and virtual worlds. This will be an unique event for several reasons, but one of the most interesting one will be the possibility of attending it both physically and virtually. There will be booths both physically in NYC as in Second Life. Videowalls in NYC will show real-time images from the virtual world; inside Second Life, you'll get video streams from the conference in NYC. There will be volunteers available to take your questions from SL into the physical room, and vice-versa.

This model has been already used for the Second Life Future Salon, to a smaller scale. Actually, part of the organisation of the SL Future Salon are doing the SLCC as well. It's a convention entirely organised by the users, although at some point in time Linden Lab became one of the sponsors as well and provided Philip "Linden" Rosedale as the keynote speaker (among other speakers).

More information at http://www.slconvention.org. Yes, you can still make your reservation there :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
-- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

Comments

• Sephiroth9Sephiroth9 Member Posts: 127
    NIPPY
  • GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

The Second Life Community Convention starts today (later in the evening), hehe. So hurry ;)

Of course, if you can't be there and wish to watch it anyway, nothing easier than getting a free account for Second Life and watch it from in-world, where we'll have a live video being streamed :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
    -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08