Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play GW2 if...

2»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by STDB

Originally posted by Bijou optional hide button
    I'd love that!

Me too, optional is the way forward.

It wouldn't actually change how I played much at all in general really, but it would definitely add some extra suprise to the game.

Already there, bottom left hand corner of your map is a little eye, click it and uncheck the first box, hides the hearts, vistas, skill points and renown hearts :)

Edit: got distracted while posting and someone beat me to it :)

hehe :)

I didn't know this! Def gonna give it a go :)

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Yes I would still play ..

It's a thempark game after all so like most it's not hard to play and hiding the rides wouldn't change that.

Would be interesting if they removed any indication of mob/area level as well though :p

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Wouldn't matter to me in the least, I would still play the game as I would still find the game quite enjoyable.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Castillle

There were no hearts and PoI, Vistas, and Skill points werent shown in the map?

I think I would still play it. Question is would I enjoy it as much. I am not sure it would work out well without the hearts being pointed out since the hearts are actually intended to pull you though the world so to speak. The goal is not to find hearts but to find DEs by following the hearts.

Vistas? Some of those vistas are pretty hard to find in the first place. Having the marker also hidden might be a bit overboard just given the nature of their current placement.

Skill points would make a lot more sense to have hidden. Their locations are usually hidden but they are not quite as difficult to get to as vistas. In other words, you don't usually have to do a lot of jumping to get to them but they aren't just out there in the open.

I think it would also be interesting if they had just a few 2 or 3 hidden/optional hearts  on the map. Hidden in that they don't get pointed out buy a scout and the heart doesn't appear until you enter the activity radius. Optional in the sense that they are not needed for a map completion. So truly, if you don't explore around you could mess these goodies. They could also put some higher quality items on those karma vendors. That would be a lot of fun. So they wouldn't be to very hard to find but you also would just run into them in if all you do is follow the regular hearts though a zone. And they would reward you for poking around a valley or a cave that is not otherwise marked or near a POI.

It is also worth pointing out that the jumping puzzles often fall into this category. You wont find them if you don't go out of your way a bit. But you can get a great box of goodies if you are willing to look around more.

All die, so die well.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    [mod edit]

All die, so die well.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Terrorizor

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

On topic :

I didt not know about that button to hide the thingies.  They should make it more noticeable or like....an option when making a character before you start the game so people dont randomly assume things when they start playing the game and open the map. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Yeah, I would, but the themeparker's heads would explode, just as they would if they totally removed levels (which I wouldn't mind as well).

*Facepalm*

To the OP, that isn't teh reason i'm not playing myself, but would like those additions. Exepct mayeb Hearts, becayse those are indeed suppose to be a guding point. The rest would be good.

All of them are guides, most lead to jumping puzzles or dynamic events. The skill points just do as they say and show you where skill challenges are.

Honestly I dont think removing them would do much good anyway, there would be a website up in a week showing where the skill challenges were.

You could remove the other 3 and I wouldnt care, as I much prefer random wandering and discovering cool DEs. I do like the Vistas and how they give you a nice view of the fantastic world they have created.

First off, damm my spelling was horrible there.

Second, true that. But, i view vistas and skill challenges as "discovery content" in themselves. While they guide one to jumping puzzles, those can be found too.

But the Hearts was made with the full intention to guide players into the dynamic events.

But, i have to agree with others abou an optional removal button. Simple addition, it doesn't really matter.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    why remove somthing that adds more to the game?  i find it fun doin those and the puzzles ingame. Theirs lots to do, and wat u speak of op is just another example of the fun they add.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yes I would, but they'd have to up the XP for finding such places as well as really refine/even out the DE experience across all levels and zones.

Right now it is kind of hit or miss feast for famine for DE's in a zone - so many factors like time of day and population and lots of difference between races (Norn/Asura seem pretty good, Human was total famine most of the time).

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

... the game was just a figment of your imagination?

I'd think not sir. I'd think not.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

Yes, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind.

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259
    Yes. These are the best examples of moronic "innovations" (yeah, right) aimed at people who cannot find anything in the world by themselves. Anet won't remove them though - people seem to love them. Next proposed "innovation" - a huge arrow in the middle of the screen pointing towards the objective, cause pressing M is too hard.
  • CarnafexCarnafex Member Posts: 49

I personally wouldn't care as long as they (POI, hearts, etc) appear on the maps once you get in the general area (ala fog of war).   If you are asking for me to discover these places only after standing in the exact spot that gives credit for the spot - forget it.  I spent the better part of an hour looking for a POI in Kessex Hills (Togoty Grounds) with the damned square visible on my map.  I think removing the map markers all together would simply serve to complicate something that really doesn't need to complicated.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Are you saying they would exist, just not on the map?  If so, then yes I probably would but it would get tedious fast and I wouldn't bother completing each zone unless there were wiki's out there to find the hard to get ones.