Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online isn't getting a lot of hype

13»

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by KaosProphet
    Originally posted by Netspook
    Originally posted by Syno23

Perhaps more hype and fansites will be out in the future. But for right now, I just don't see this game clicking. I don't understand why first of all the title, and second of all they really need to make some improvements to make this game better than other MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars.

The lack of hype is because they're making a wow copy while slapping an TES sticker on it. It's an insult to both the TES series, and to the fans loving the franchise.

Just like Oblivion was, when it came out...

Never heard anyone calling Obivion a wow copy

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Perhaps more hype and fansites will be out in the future. But for right now, I just don't see this game clicking. I don't understand why first of all the title, and second of all they really need to make some improvements to make this game better than other MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars.

They haven't released anything worth getting excited over other than the fact that it's a MMO set in the Elder Scrolls world. Also what is not to understand about the title? It uses the Elder Scrolls IP which is well known, and adds 'Online' so people realise it is a MMO.

You don't know what improvements they need to make because there is next to no information about anything to do with this game. Once we start seeing some videos and key features then you can start getting concerned.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

The lack of hype is because they're making a wow copy while slapping an TES sticker on it. It's an insult to both the TES series, and to the fans loving the franchise.

This game will crash and burn, and concidering the amount of bugs TES games are usually shipped with, I'm expecting TESO to have the worst release in the history of MMOs.

It isn't even the same developers..... Not even the same company..... Do you even have a clue? At least get the facts before making an opinion.....

I don't have the names of all devs working on the different ES games, so it's possible you got that right. Not the same company? They're subsidiaries under the same parent company, so that's nitpicking, at best, and you know it. Which again makes it completely possible that parts of the staff actually did work on other ES titles.

I may be wrong, but clueless? Nope. If you're going to educate me, at least provide some facts, else it's just trolling.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by evilastro                                                                                                                                                                there is next to no information about anything to do with this game. Once we start seeing some videos and key features then you can start getting concerned.

Oh look, another one.

Ever heard of Google? Use it!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Where's all this wow copy nonsense come from.

Just about everything they've said Ao far screams DAOC COPY in really big letters.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

It was actually pretty bad when it first came out.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Without heavy modding, it still is.

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    I just think the ultra hype era of upcoming MMOs is over.  Over the past year so many MMOs have been hyped to the sky and what came out on launch day was not what was expected and I think the MMO fans are becoming wiser to the fact that it is not very smart to hype a game you have never played and really don't know much about other then what the dev say it will be.
  • KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379

While Oblivion wasn't called a "WoW copy," it was called "ported console garbage."  And an insult to the TES series and the fans loving the franchise.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

While Oblivion wasn't called a "WoW copy," it was called "ported console garbage."  And an insult to the TES series and the fans loving the franchise.

That was Bethesda , this is not developed by Bethesda

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by busdriver
    Originally posted by evilastro                                                                                                                                                                there is next to no information about anything to do with this game. Once we start seeing some videos and key features then you can start getting concerned.

Oh look, another one.

Ever heard of Google? Use it!

A 20 page game informer reveal article, multiple interviews with Paul Sage and Matt Firor, E3 converage, multiple gaming site interviews and articles...

No information at all! Except you know almost every major feature of the game being described...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by busdriver
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Without heavy modding, it still is.

Yeah.

Espeeially compared to Morrowind it is trash.

Skyrim is also better(thou worse than Morrowind).

Serious heavy modding is needed for Obvilion.