Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe's video review is up.

13»

Comments

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Demogorgon

This guy is not an MMORPG player... point of this review = moot. ( If you care about what an MMORPG should be )

Heres a quote I took somewhere in this thread that tells you a lot about what type of people enjoy this game.

"Honestly MMOs weren't my thing either"

and

THEY STILL AREN'T YOUR THING DUDE!

What you people call MMORPGs today just aren't.

Glad you all found the casual gem you were looking for though, but don't be delusional about it... its a travesty.

everything changes with time and the genre needed to evolve and change, this from a former console player now a mmorpg player for years LOL, keep driving your Ford model T, I will gladly drive my Ferrari around. to put it another way, would you go back to 4:3 screen format? NO of course NOT, LOL widescreen is so much better.

this analogy fits your silly idea of what an mmorpg should always be, the same old boring grindy copy pasted shitty uninspired cookie cutter clones out there. I've played so many mmorpg's it makes my head spin just thinking about it and the sad thing is they are all the same, they don't even try to change things up spice them up a bit no GOD forbid they try to change the yee old formula....!

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

This guy is not an MMORPG player... point of this review = moot. ( If you care about what an MMORPG should be )

Heres a quote I took somewhere in this thread that tells you a lot about what type of people enjoy this game.

and

What you people call MMORPGs today just aren't.

Glad you all found the casual gem you were looking for though, but don't be delusional about it... its a travesty.

Pleas enlighten us all as to what an MMORPG is. After all, none of us have been playing them for a decade+ now and we have absolutely no idea what one is...

BTW I like this from you: "MMORPGs are dead anyways, GW 2 isn't an exception here. I'm picking on it simply for the ridiculous ammount of hype that it gets."

Please troll harder. You hatred is amusing.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107
    Holy sh** one of the best reviews ive seen. Spot on and fun to watch. LOL a few times.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I bet some absurd percentage of the WoW players weren't MMORPG players and wouldn't be MMORPGs players if not for it.

The "MMORPG" players are a minority within the MMORPG genre.

If the MMORPG industry cater exclusively to the 1-2 million "MMORPG" player it will never be more than a tiny niche.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

and

What i call MMORPGs today just aren't anymore.

Fixed.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by nsignific

I hate saying this, but his review seems payed off, even though it probably isn't.

He does the classic GW2 fanboy mistake of listing things as "new and exciting" when they're really not. New, I mean. That just comes of as extremely weird to me. It's not like we can't fact-check these things, or know them from experience?

You really should see some more of Joes reviews, he is not paid off and give a rather low general score for his reviews, he is far less generous than most others.

New and exciting means he hadnt seen them before, not that no MMO hadnt used a similar mechanic. Heck, there are some stuff in the game I never seen in a MMO before, like the jumping puzzles, and I have been playing since Meridian 59 came out.

Joe reviews all kinds of games, not just MMOs or even PC games and also movies and some other stuff. So his view might be a little different from someone who only play MMOs but that does not really make it invalid.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Yet to see an honest MMORPG review about this game.

Sure it's a fun journey to level 80. But what then?

Run dungeons for cosmetical rewards?

Do WvWvW (boring as fuck) for cosmetical rewards?

This ain't an mmoRPG it's counter-strike in a mmorpg shell.

Critic's love this game because it's a fun game at start.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I won't get into a discussion about this, but when you can buy 8gold for $50 using the in-game system it can actually be considered P2W. Not that i'm calling it that, but it can be.

Also, him being NOT an avid MMO player does actually make his impression pointless. He's making broad sweeping comments about how GW2 is the end-all-be-all that we've seen repeated on these forums and shut down by even rabid Fanbois of GW2.

It's like me making sweeping broad statements about new Car Components that just came out regardless of the fact I have no idea what i'm talking about.

Only if you can win with those 8 gold in some way.

I have done the other way around and both gems for my gold instead. GW2s cashshop is for noobs.

You cant get items with stats in the cashshop so the P2win idea was that you can exchqange gold for status and buy a few small bonuses for your guild.

But frankly is that a stupid idea as well, the first week had my guild just 4 players who just played a bit PvE and we still got more than half the points you needed to keep those buffs up if you wanted too. A 12 player guild can easily keep those buffs up without exchanging any gold for status.

And he have played MMOs in the past, how much MMOs do you need to play to be a MMO player? I started when Meridian 59 came out, should I say that you are not a MMO player since you likely started after spring 1996?

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Critic's love this game because it's a fun game at start. Nobody bothers to get to 80 when writing a review.

Same thing that caused SWTOR to tank.

Then again GW2 ain't a game for gamers.

Funny enough was Joes review for TOR not so shining, he hated it from the start.

Whats wrong with counter strike? It was an excelent game and many people played it for many years.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Wow never heard of that guy until now. Thanks for sharing!

Def my fav review so far. Really funny dude.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Critic's love this game because it's a fun game at start.

you new to themepark MMOs? all have basic endgames where you basically repeat the same stuff over and over whether it be raiding, pvp, or crafting.. or you start an ALT... GW2 offers just as much if not more endgame options than most other MMOs due to scaling and allows all 32 dungeon modes viable at level 80.. I'd also be curious to know what PVP you considering enjoyable if you find WvW  "boring as fuck"... for me WvW is the most fun large scale PVP I have played in many many years and sPVP is a good time as well.. especially the tournaments.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Game gets better at 80 you're tripping! Now i get to be a more OP delvld dude and still have 50% of maps to complete. 100s of hours of wvwvw to do. Spending 8 hours in a 40 man raid so your guild gets 12 pieces of loot. Those days are over. Peace out. GW2 FTW. You are allowed to not like it of course. As I am allowed to LOVE IT :D

Hero Evermore

Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Wow never heard of that guy until now. Thanks for sharing!

Def my fav review so far. Really funny dude.

His best stuff is done together with Spoony, like this Star wars clip.

Thanks! :D

Hero Evermore

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Somehow I succeeded in never watching one of his reviews... kinna fun!
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Look look the trolls are cooming out of hiding again, looking for something to bitch about ooohhhh run for the hills !!!! GW2 sucks amg amg LAG amg amg trading post dint work a few days the game is doomed !!!!

4000 accounts banned for cheating BAD ANET amg amg !!!!!! Anet sucks !!! Not making worth is hype AMG AMG !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! AMG !!!!!!!

Game rocks its a 11/10, now go back to your shit mmo and let us play this legendery game without you <3

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Good review

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Larzul on have his own respond on Angry Joe's review with perhaps some valid points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4qwXW73ko

If this is turning into a Larzul vs Angry Joe thingy on the tube is yet to be seen;)

:)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Clawzon

Larzul on have his own respond on Angry Joe's review with perhaps some valid points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4qwXW73ko

that video is marked private for me - not accessible

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Lol, You want to compare AngryJoe that make great reviews with some another internet hater (rage kid ?) with the camera on Youtube ? :) This way we could compare every troll on the net with anyone. What is the point ?

I'm watching Joe reviews from the very first he put on the internet and I can say - his reviews are very accurate.