Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Are People Upset About GW2's Overwhelming Success?

14567810»

Comments

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

They will. Along with many of those who play GW2.....They will go too. This is the casual game isn't it? You think the average GW2 player is intending on staying dedicated? I don't. They will play WoW to get all those things in MMOs that GW2 didn't incorporate that people still want. And there is a lot. Then they will caome back and play GW2 in their down time.

EDIT:

What some of you GW2 vs BrandX MMO hardcore fans need to realize is that most of us are somewhat more moderate in our dedication and choice of games. For me, I'll have both  Rift and GW2 to play now.

That's what we call Win Win.

Some will surely, but far from all . My guild is full with ex Wow players and most of them actually seems to moved on for good now. That doesnt mean that they neccesarily stay in GW2 but Wow is finally getting so old so it seems like they might move to something new instead.

Come back on the 25th. I think we might get more accurate projections then.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Usually people are mad at the success when it just wasn't the game for them and they were overhyped or just hoping for the next best thing. I thought I would hate GW2. I bought it cause there aint much to play and oh boy am I in love with this game. 150 hours playe don 1 character so far and not ready to touch an alt yet. GW2 FTW

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

They will. Along with many of those who play GW2.....They will go too. This is the casual game isn't it? You think the average GW2 player is intending on staying dedicated? I don't. They will play WoW to get all those things in MMOs that GW2 didn't incorporate that people still want. And there is a lot. Then they will caome back and play GW2 in their down time.

EDIT:

What some of you GW2 vs BrandX MMO hardcore fans need to realize is that most of us are somewhat more moderate in our dedication and choice of games. For me, I'll have both  Rift and GW2 to play now.

That's what we call Win Win.

Some will surely, but far from all . My guild is full with ex Wow players and most of them actually seems to moved on for good now. That doesnt mean that they neccesarily stay in GW2 but Wow is finally getting so old so it seems like they might move to something new instead.

Come back on the 25th. I think we might get more accurate projections then.

WE still have to look at both sides of the arguement. 

As much as I cant stand  nonsense tossed around these boards lately, WoW's sales numbers, even if they stagger the imagination, do not mean many of those players won't still play GW2 and WoW for weeks/months/years to come. 

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Overzealous fanboys? Best game ever? Confused?

Obviously you're missing the main reason and that's the fact the sheeple consider it to be 'their' game. Much like it was cool to like GW1, it's now cool by those same people to like GW2 - even if they don't like it. Much like hoodies became popular because it was cool to wear them, the Blackberry was the go to phone to have, and the word 'bro' appeared in every sentence because it made you feel special to say it to your friends, the sheeple have decided that GW2 is their new fad.

So even if they like or dislike it, they have to say they like it and defend it as if it were their own, because if they don't then they won't be with the 'in crowd'. This is probably the origin of the first post in this thread, confusion from a 'bro' (note he even uses the word) who doesn't actually like the game, but thinks he has to to fit in. So he asks why people don't like it in the hope that his opinion will be justified and the status quo will switch to where the in-crowd decide it's not worth playing.

These poor sheeple, one day they shall grow and become their own person.. Or they won't. Probably won't. Right bro?

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by roo67

I would say a lot of negativity is comeing for WoW players . Theres been a belief amongst them that WoW is untouchable and everything else should fail because its not made by Blizzard .

I mean I play WoW now and again but I'm not fanatatical about it but I know lots of people who fall into that catagory.

GW2 has come as a bit of a shock because people are leaving or taking time off WoW to play it .

( of course some negativity comes from people in other games for similar reasons ).

My view is GW2 is the next big mmo . Maybe not WoW big but I would nt be suprised if it sells 3 million in the first quarter . When its released in China that could doube .

Every mmo in existance now thats got a sub is going to take some kind of a hit from it .

in all honesty i expect this game to fail in china, DRASTICALLY fail, too many reasons for this and i know im gonna get rammed by fanbois for it but GW2 just aint the game for chinese market, way to casusal , absolutely no need for gold sellers.... no gear progression the list could go on, its a good game for the western market but i highly doubt china will embrace it at all....korea, japan etc they are not gonna play GW2 either its just way to casual

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    maybe mmorpg.com is where these people congregate, which would explain the frequency of such strange threads, maybe it's their alts posting. but why would you be MAD about it bros? the game is epic, and even when u look at it completely objectively, at the very least it's above the average. 

That's exactly the problem. The game is an above average themepark MMORPG, but people (including ANET) keep painting it like it's the Obama of the MMO genre when in reality it's just a different take on the same old, I mean, at least Obama was black.

People don't like being lied to.

per MORGAN FREEMAN: America's first black president hasn't arisen yet. He's not America's first black president. He's America's first mixed-race president.

yeah they do. that's why they elected him, because he is a good lier

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I completely agree that one of the reasons why people hate something is because it is popular.

BUT its pretty ironic hearing it from the GW2 fanboys that repeatedly hate on Blizzard despite WoW being a great game.

Oh the irony..

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i personally dont give a crap if anyone likes it or doesnt like it, if you like it cool lets go play the game and have fun.  If you dont, then i dont really care what you do in your life, go do what YOU want to do not what others think what you need to do.
This discussion has been closed.