Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: For the Veteran MMO players only

Comments

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by laserit

Played UO and really enjoyed the class less level less system. I would absolutley love to see the game remade with production level and quality of a game like GW2 and as seamless as Vanguard.

As an old UO vet I couldn't agree more image

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    For me... I honestly feel a mix of UO and DAOC would be a killer combo that would do well (even if not in the millions). It would probably hold quite a population as their would be so many people that would enjoy it. Just my opinion of course. Right now I am conflicted as to which one to select on the list... oh man.
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Badaboom

You do not want to go there.  The bastardization of a remake of your favorite game would make you cry.

They should let Michael Bay make it.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by erictlewis
    swg pre nge would rock the socks off anything out there, including swtor.  I would even play the nge it would be preferable to that crap that bioware tried to sell us.

That's why they cancelled it. People would have gone in droves to SWG after SWTOR flopped. They were counting on the IP to provide the staying power, but those last three movies kind of killed the magic.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Suprised anyone here actually remembers Meridian 59. That's pretty awesome. For me it was a close between UO and SWG. I had to go with UO though because I had the most epic times in that game. Good Poll!
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

Honestly, none of the above.  Most of those games are gone because the marketplace has moved on, they could not conceivably come back with the same style gameplay they had and be financially viable today.  They're dead because they could not survive in the marketplace.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• oscarianoscarian Member Posts: 116
    No one even mentioned Ryzom.
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Sorry for leaving some games out. I could only put in 10 for the poll and these were the 10 I played the most, "back in the day".  The results are pretty interesting....I knew SWG would be up there with EQ and UO....interesting to see what other games meant a lot to people....Ryzom? I never even heard of that one :)

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    The swg people just cannot let go of that giant chatroom
  • FarstryderFarstryder Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    With 16 years of MMO gaming under my belt, I think I've played most worth mentioning and I'd like to ask the lot of you, which MMO would you like to see make a comeback? A comeback could mean a repopulation of the original or a modern recreation of the older game (done well) and everyone starts as a newb<----impossible I know, but this is a fantasy. I'd like to hear what tons of other Vets think.

Very good question. Tied between Daoc and Eq for me. I would like EQ with pvp like Daoc. 8)

Of course you would need to implement new features and new innovations I just dont want a reskin though I would still probably

play we as gamers need more. I wish Asherons call was on that list as well however as it is one of my all time favorites.

Farstryder,

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by oscarian

I feel that the release date of Ryzom was a major tragedy in the MMO industry, this game came out literally 2 months before WoW and EQII which were extremely highly anticipated for the entire year leading up to their release. I dinstinctly remember playing the Open Beta for Ryzom and being very impressed... but then Half-life 2 came out and before I even finished that I was playing in the WoW stress test. At the time of WoW's release, I was just blown away by WoW in comparison. I feel that because of this timing Ryzom never really had a chance to stand out for what it was... a game with such depth which couldn't be breached in the small amount of time I (and several others I presume) may have spent with it in the turbulence of WoW and EQII releases.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    With 16 years of MMO gaming under my belt, I think I've played most worth mentioning and I'd like to ask the lot of you, which MMO would you like to see make a comeback? A comeback could mean a repopulation of the original or a modern recreation of the older game (done well) and everyone starts as a newb<----impossible I know, but this is a fantasy. I'd like to hear what tons of other Vets think.

I loved Anarchy.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by oscarian

It is getting a reboot.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I wouldn't mind reconnecting to old characters and their achievements, importing them in some decorative way into new worlds, but I can't say that there's an old IP that would want to start over from scratch in.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    DAOC, by far the best lore in an mmo(real lore. based on ancient mythology), not to mention classes and pvp. Shout out to SWG too.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    None. I don't want none of them to come back.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    DAoC.  I never got to play it and it sounded like a game I would enjoy.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

DAOC was awesome but I voted for UO because nothing beats a game that lets you scam people so hardcore. Some people hate scammers, some games even ban them but really, you just got beat in mental pvp...deal with it or go back to hello kitty island adventure.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

In the poll Final fantasy 11. It was amazing but cripled by the fact they wanted it to work with console so badly. FF14 unfortunately failed to revive the gaem and was instead a downgrade going far away from it.

What I really want redone/relaunched is Ragnarok Online. I had so much fun with that game and the current 'new' game they keep postponing is 3d... which I don't get why they didn't stick with isometric. It was an amazing game that with newer systems in place and the likes, I can see being very enjoyable to play and much smoother.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

AC should have been on the list still almost the perfect MMO we have ever seen.

EQ or Shadowbane but SB might be to hardcore even for those Sandbox gamers who think they want hardcore PvP.

Originally posted by Thorbrand

AC should have been on the list still almost the perfect MMO we have ever seen.

EQ or Shadowbane but SB might be to hardcore even for those Sandbox gamers who think they want hardcore PvP.

Shadowbane was a lot of fun. I am going to sink my teeth into the next Sandbox that lets you build your own towns and such......The War Z seems to be the only thing coming up fairly soon that interests me at all.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

EQ, only for the reason that it would take very little besides a graphics revamp to make a game I'd like to play.

UO/DAOC would get my vote if the original devs somehow got the cash to buy back the rights from EA.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Essentially what I really want is Star Wars Galaxies 2.

[mod edit].  Back then, we were cool with the old UI and stuff, but today it's very, very dated.

Since no one is ever going to make Star Wars Galaxies 2, unfortunately, The game in my signature seems to be the closest thing we are going to get.  It's not Star Wars, but there are a lot of similar game mechanics, and it is a hybrid game, leaning more towards sandboxes.

CRAFTERS: YOU'LL EVEN BE ABLE TO OPEN A SHOP AGAIN!  ;)

At any rate, I miss SWG and I would pay handsomely into a Kickstarter if I thought someone was going to make it, but I don't see it happening.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    Not having asherons call on this pretty much ruins the poll.
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by logicwar
    could not vote, asherons call would get my vote.

Yeah this. For an OP to say how he's played for 16 years and has all of this MMO knowledge and then not put Asheron's Call on the list is fairly ridiculous. A game that has been running for 13 years straight with monthly content patches and a great PvP server.