Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with LOTRO, please

SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

i wanted to try and take a look at LOTRO so i downloaded it today (kinda).  the LOTRO loader pop'd up on my screen and just sits there.  it isn't doing anything.  there doesn't seem to be any controls. 

anybody know about this?

thanks,

sz

Comments

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

well, i think i have it downloading now.  thus the issue on my quest of finding a f2p game... sigh.

i went to the LOTRO technical support page and come to find out there is a Standard Downloader and a Hi Res Downloader (for upper end machines).  so, i tried the hi res downloader and it seems to be working.  weird that this wasn't their defaul downloader on their main website.

anyway, i just wanted to try out LOTRO and see what it is like

stay tuned as my adventure continues!

sz

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I just downloaded it again and it defaulted me to standard.

I need to go check youtube and see if the high end characters look any better or if it's just a resource pig.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

i am playing the hi res version of LOTRO on the ultra settings and it is great.  i am actually having a lot of fun and found a fun, helpful kinship (guild).

like i said earlier, the hi res version downloaded for me just fine.  the standard version just sat there and didn't do anything.

good luck,

sz