Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope you change your attitude PW/Cryptic

Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

If this is going to be the same peice of garbage that the STO Foundry is, I will save my money for something else. If they want a truely EPIC game they will follow the course Bioware did in 2002..don't just let people build 'episodes' let them build WORLDS. Some of the abilities of BW's NWN1 that if Cryptics Neverwinter allowed I would be drooling over it.

1.) Private server runnable under Windows and Linux

2.) MySQL link to game data so you could have leaderboards and monster data on websites.

3.) A DECENT scripting system, not like the dumbed down version in STO Foundry

If the NW Foundry is going to be a POS like the STO one is.. If Cryptic is going to try to hype that they will be better than Biowares NWN1 / Aurora Toolset I will give it a pass.

(Former authour of a huge 700+ area NWN1 world that had custom scripted areas, spawns, treasure, encounters, custom creatures based on Dragonlance - this was Ansalon - The World of Krynn)

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I'm not touching the game after seeing cryptic and perfect world on here, they have a bad reputation of pay 2 win mmos and scamming people. I hope they prove us all wrong but to me its still a crap company to me.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    I'm not touching the game after seeing cryptic and perfect world on here, they have a bad reputation of pay 2 win mmos and scamming people. I hope they prove us all wrong but to me its still a crap company to me.

That so called "bad reputation" is caused by baseless rumors and hate.

If you want to see a company that scams people, look no further than EA and their abuse of locking out content that already comes with the game and charging us to play it, calling it DLC.

But, oh, wait, look, despite that, I STILL PLAY THEIR GAMES.

Why?

Because despite the fact that EA's business practices are questionable, they still publish GOOD GAMES.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

Well, I have no problems with 'Pay to WIn" if people want to spend money on game tiems rather than a 'subscription' I say more power to them. IMHO PW/Crytic are going to try the same BS that Blizzard did (Case in Point: Diablo III) it was hyped as the next great sequel to the Diablo Series. Sold 7.5 MIllion unit in first 3 weeks, because people thought it was going to be as great as Diablo II was (and Diablo II is STILL on the shelves and be played 12 years after release) But Diablo 3 turned out to be a big streaming pile of monkey poo, and now the game has less than 1/2 million left playing it (Blizzard laughed all the way to the bank)

My hope is PW/Cryptic aren't going to hype 'Neverwinter' as the rebirth of Bioware Neverwinter Nights 1 and try to cash in on the popularity of that game like Blizzard did Diablo II.

• demodardemodar Member UncommonPosts: 63
    If cryptic and pw make this amazing looking game a P2W i promise you i will never touch another game and i will bash it on every occasion possible! :D
    Originally posted by demodar
    If cryptic and pw make this amazing looking game a P2W i promise you i will never touch another game and i will bash it on every occasion possible! :D

The heading of this games section says it all..

Cryptic Studios | Official Site

MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel Q1 2013)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
    Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a

Pay Type: Free = Its F2P so its P2W

Its by Perfect World Entertainment so it will be Cash Shop/Mall like every other game of thiers.

I'm not concerned about P2W I am more concerned about them stating this will be the 'new' Neverwinter Nights and not be a bit like its namesake in the way of world-building capabilities..

If they gave it the same world-building capabilties as Biowares NWN they would have a stampede and a truely epic game, and hundreds if not thousands of epic games spawning from it by talented builders. But if its anything like Star Trek Onlines totally-dumbed down 'Foundry' you will have 1000's of garabge episodes and fail with a year (just like STO)

Well i dont know whats your exp with f2p cash shop , but for example on dnd related topic Dungeons and dragons online (ebberon) by Turbine have amazingly fair cash shop , they allow you to accumulate cash shop currency and unlock stuff trow achievments ! True the rate is kind of slow , but its not impposible . They have their vip option which is kind of like subscription you unlock everything (almost) as long as you pay your  10 $ a month  like adventure packs or races and classes and so on . Almost all their cash shop items are tradable which opens new things in  trading aspect .

But yes sadly PWI have a bad reputation of being the more you pay the more you win there is no cap to how much you can win as long as you can pay , which have turned off a lot of people over the years including me ...

So in conclusion f2p does not have to be p2w ! It could be amazing exp for both player the ones that want to pay and those that do not or can't .

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

I have been one of the most vicious and outspoken critics of cryptic following STO. It now being FTP, feels right and I'm playing/enjoying it. I was livid that I payed 50 bucks for the STO that launched.

Star trek is among my favorite setting as well as D&D. My experience with cryptic is don't preorder it as it will be over priced and underwhelming, but wait a couple of months. It will then be on the bargain rack and a much better game and value.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70
    Will judge it when I play it.
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Sry, double post.
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

If this is going to be the same peice of garbage that the STO Foundry is, I will save my money for something else. If they want a truely EPIC game they will follow the course Bioware did in 2002..don't just let people build 'episodes' let them build WORLDS. Some of the abilities of BW's NWN1 that if Cryptics Neverwinter allowed I would be drooling over it.

1.) Private server runnable under Windows and Linux

2.) MySQL link to game data so you could have leaderboards and monster data on websites.

3.) A DECENT scripting system, not like the dumbed down version in STO Foundry

If the NW Foundry is going to be a POS like the STO one is.. If Cryptic is going to try to hype that they will be better than Biowares NWN1 / Aurora Toolset I will give it a pass.

(Former authour of a huge 700+ area NWN1 world that had custom scripted areas, spawns, treasure, encounters, custom creatures based on Dragonlance - this was Ansalon - The World of Krynn)

Nothing, I repeat nothing will come along again like the NWN1's toolset. The only thing that came close was DA:O's toolset which is awesome but the game is not multiplayer :( .

Pretend like the Crooktic / Anti World game is just not coming out. NWN1 is still a great game with an aging but active multiplayer community. If only someone would come along and revamp NWN1's gfx engine, there would be no real reason not to use BW's Aurora, which I still use and love. 

I am sure Neverwinter will be a fun game, the toolset will be slightly better than STO's, but you wont be able to make classes, spells, rewards, etc. like you can in Aurora.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Well i dont know whats your exp with f2p cash shop , but for example on dnd related topic Dungeons and dragons online (ebberon) by Turbine have amazingly fair cash shop , they allow you to accumulate cash shop currency and unlock stuff trow achievments ! True the rate is kind of slow , but its not impposible . They have their vip option which is kind of like subscription you unlock everything (almost) as long as you pay your  10 $ a month  like adventure packs or races and classes and so on . Almost all their cash shop items are tradable which opens new things in  trading aspect .

But yes sadly PWI have a bad reputation of being the more you pay the more you win there is no cap to how much you can win as long as you can pay , which have turned off a lot of people over the years including me ...

So in conclusion f2p does not have to be p2w ! It could be amazing exp for both player the ones that want to pay and those that do not or can't .

*sigh* Must I remind everyone who mention that PWE's reputation for having p2w games has little to no basis in reality and is more or less false, being perpetuated who people who baselessly hate PWE?

Anyway, both STO and CO have a similar system with their Dilithium and Questionite systems that let you buy zen with dilithium or questionite from other players, and PWE gives players the option of earning zen through surveys, offers and videos.  I will not be surprised if NW has a similar system.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by exwin.
    My experience with cryptic is don't preorder it as it will be over priced and underwhelming, but wait a couple of months. It will then be on the bargain rack and a much better game and value.

Well, you dont have to worry about that with Neverwinter. There is no pre-order just a download..

Back to the TOPIC SUBJECT

They better come up with something more in the 'Foundry' than STO with a facelift.

And if they charge to access the Foundry like they do in STO, thats a fail for such a POS

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87

lol.

Cryptic made STO and promised it to be a two full faction game. When it was released they said that it wasn't going to be at release but was coming. 3 years later it isn't the kdf is still the worst faction in mmo history.

Take NW. How many classes? 5 or some small number announced years ago. When they had time they will add more classes.  It has been delayed 1 1/2 years from the initial launch. How many classes now? the same.

Don't trust them.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

The heading of this games section says it all..

Cryptic Studios | Official Site

MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel Q1 2013)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
    Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a

Pay Type: Free = Its F2P so its P2W

Its by Perfect World Entertainment so it will be Cash Shop/Mall like every other game of thiers.

I'm not concerned about P2W I am more concerned about them stating this will be the 'new' Neverwinter Nights and not be a bit like its namesake in the way of world-building capabilities..

If they gave it the same world-building capabilties as Biowares NWN they would have a stampede and a truely epic game, and hundreds if not thousands of epic games spawning from it by talented builders. But if its anything like Star Trek Onlines totally-dumbed down 'Foundry' you will have 1000's of garabge episodes and fail with a year (just like STO)

Really though? you assume just because its F2P its P2W? you gotta be kidding me bro because there are mmos that are F2P and in no way P2W. There are no such things as rumors and a bunch of haters in my book because I actually witnessed P2W and how they added in a cash shop with a subscription model, hilarious, what a great game STO was....... :/

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

I just hope they don't dissapoint us , this is the last chance i give to any title with the PW mark under it , simply because the game looks amazing  

Really though? you assume just because its F2P its P2W? you gotta be kidding me bro because there are mmos that are F2P and in no way P2W.

No. what makes me assume it will be P2W is three words "Perfect World International", everyone of their games they have made from the start is P2W.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70
    Really though? you assume just because its F2P its P2W? you gotta be kidding me bro because there are mmos that are F2P and in no way P2W.

No. what makes me assume it will be P2W is three words "Perfect World International", everyone of their games they have made from the start is P2W.

It's fortunate then that the company is called Perfect World Entertainment and not Perfect World International.

The game will be free to download and play from day one, so for me it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of losing nothing with it. Will try it, and if it works, I'll play it, if it doesn't, I won't. Can't get any simpler.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

It's fortunate then that the company is called Perfect World Entertainment and not Perfect World International.

good one :) I also mixing PWE and PWI occasionally

To the topic opening list, as much as I would love to see all 3 points in NW, I think there's no chance to that... At most, point 3 (decent scripting) has some slight chance to get implemented, if we're lucky. Point 1 and 2 (private servers and direct access to game data), I'm pretty sure no companies would allow that nowadays... NWN was different on this matter. But yeah, that would make it a real descendant of NWN series.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

This is nonsense.

Regardless how good or bad the builder is, there will be vastly, I mean VASTLY, more garbage player created content than the quality one.

That is mostly why developers avoid player created content - it is mostly awful.

Only what better builder will do is make those rare, occasional gems more shiny.

Originally posted by Gdemami
    This is nonsense.

Regardless how good or bad the builder is, there will be vastly, I mean VASTLY, more garbage player created content than the quality one.

That is mostly why developers avoid player created content - it is mostly awful.

Only what better builder will do is make those rare, occasional gems more shiny.

What would solve the garbage content is if they DIDN'T dumb it down, then you would have quality missions and content from people that know what they are doing and have experience at it.

You make it for Joe Blow that dosen't know a syntax error from a mouse all you are going to get is poodoo,

Look at STO you never see the new good additions because they get shoved to the bottom by garbage (like "Im publishing a TEST! Enjoy my garbage") before you can even see them, and people don't like wading through mounds of garbage looking for the a good one.

As they say you can be unique , but that does not mean you are good or usefull. True voting system for foundry content could be trouble given people will have to look into s...t load of content and 90% of it will be pure trash. But i don't think we have a better choice here , and if you know better system for seeding out the good from the bad im more than sure cryptic will look into it
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Look at STO you never see the new good additions because they get shoved to the bottom by garbage (like "Im publishing a TEST! Enjoy my garbage") before you can even see them, and people don't like wading through mounds of garbage looking for the a good one.

Maybe it's true right after it goes to the Community auth. tab, but after some good reviews it will quickly jump upwards. There's the Foundry spotlight as well, the community can spread the word too (like STOked usually reviews good Foundry missions), so good quality stuff won't stay down at the bottom for long...

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Gdemami

The following statement is nonsense.

I just wanted to point out that Bioware-NWN's world builder spawned hundreds of very very talented builders, and the horribly garbage player created content sunk to the bottom while the clearly well defined high quality content floated to the top like perfect cream.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You make it for Joe Blow that dosen't know a syntax error from a mouse all you are going to get is poodoo,

Just because you are technically versed does not make you good game designer.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    It will be a cold day in hell before I give another dime to Cryptic. In Zinc's immortal words, I'm one of those that just doesn't get it.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!