Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impression

pbowmanpbowman Member UncommonPosts: 33

For me the first impression of a game is what draws me in, I don't want to wait until lvl 20 or 30 or 40 to start to enjoy it.  So here is my first impression of Guild Wars 2.

I am level 15 now and over all I am liking it, is it the 2nd coming that some said, no, not by a long shot, but it is fun.  I have not done any pvp yet, so can't comment on that.  The biggest thing I dislike is the cut scenes, take you out of the game, just a background with two people talking.  Actually, it made me think of the realm, when you went into combat you went to a different screeen.

That would be my biggest complaint so far, which is quite small really.  Its no sub fee, so its a game I will probably continue to play.

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Funny thing is, my first impression was a bit weak.  It felt so aimless, I started having doubts immediately.  Once I got into the idea of just running around doing whatever the hell I felt like, I really started getting into it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Once I got into the idea of just running around doing whatever the hell I felt like, I really started getting into it.

Bingo.  You can play the game systematically or you can play it randomly.  I think this is one of its biggest strengths.

I had almost given up on the genre, and actually believed that I'd never get it back because you can only lose your virginity once.  But I've fallen in love with the genre all over again with GW2 - as I've said, it's about as close as a themepark can come to feeling like a sandbox, a game in which you can just follow your nose.