Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Expense is too high

Is it just me or is PvP too expensive to you guys too?  I'm not going to do it if it's costing me money. They need to remove repair costs or greatly reduce. Also, siege weapon cost need to be greatly reduced.

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Pathofexcile
    Is it just me or is PvP too expensive to you guys too?  I'm not going to do it if it's costing me money. They need to remove repair costs or greatly reduce. Also, siege weapon cost need to be greatly reduced.

you get money in wvwvw if you complete events and stuff

• aejoriiaejorii Member Posts: 26
    I don't know what you're doing but I'm MAKING money doing WvW. That includes expenses like buying siege equipment and doing frequent repairs since I play a melee warrior. I also have a little over 2 stacks of badges, if that counts for anything.
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Siege weapons aren't nearly as bad as upgrades.

I wouldn't mind if they removed gold costs for WvW. However I can see why those expenses are there. Arenanet has made good money off of the costs of WvW. I know players who bought Gold specidically for WvW.

Alot of us brought up these issues pre-launch and were vehemently attacked by the forum goers for our suggestions.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Depends if you are winning or losing..

Personally I think they should remove the gear damage in WvW and make other equipment (siege weapons etc.) cost a new WvW only currency. Lose some of your WvW currency when you die or something instead of gear damage. I find it silly that players can go grind cash in PvE just for WvW. Increasing coin gain in WvW isn't the answer..because then players could grind WvW to gain money for PvE. If the currency is shared then the WvW is not completely seperate from PvE, like they claim it is.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PathofexcilePathofexcile Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Vannor

Depends if you are winning or losing..

Personally I think they should remove the gear damage in WvW and make other equipment (siege weapons etc.) cost a new WvW only currency. Lose some of your WvW currency when you die or something instead of gear damage. I find it silly that players can go grind cash in PvE just for WvW. Increasing coin gain in WvW isn't the answer..because then players could grind WvW to gain money for PvE. If the currency is shared then the WvW is not completely seperate from PvE, like they claim it is.

Good idea. I'd gladly go into WvW and earn my pvp currency. But I'm not going to waste gold on it, I just won't PvP until they do something.

• PathofexcilePathofexcile Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by aejorii
    I don't know what you're doing but I'm MAKING money doing WvW. That includes expenses like buying siege equipment and doing frequent repairs since I play a melee warrior. I also have a little over 2 stacks of badges, if that counts for anything.

What are you doing to make money?   I'd be happy to just break even, but I'm not going to go in there and lose gold on repairs, etc..

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Atlan99

I wouldn't mind if they removed gold costs for WvW. However I can see why those expenses are there. Arenanet has made good money off of the costs of WvW. I know players who bought Gold specidically for WvW.

Alot of us brought up these issues pre-launch and were vehemently attacked by the forum goers for our suggestions.

Youve met the dumbest people in game then, gem->gold exchange was 10 dollars->1.6 gold last time I checked, 1 gold= the price of a SINGLE Siege Golem...

Its not even fair to call them dumb, if they bought gems just to convert to gold...

Heck... a single Carrion Pearl Handcannon I craft sells for 3.5 gold

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Pathofexcile
    Originally posted by aejorii

What are you doing to make money?   I'd be happy to just break even, but I'm not going to go in there and lose gold on repairs, etc..

Doing it wrong might help image

Actually the most money I have made in GW2 was in WvW today. Just horsing around in a totally chaotic zerg all over the place capping left and right. Had a ton of laughs, gained 5 levels and made enough gold to buy an extra char-slot in little less than 2 hours.

Server was in a pretty balanced matchup. As soon as we started playing properly (to win) I was losing money again. image

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Originally posted by Magnnarot

Youve met the dumbest people in game then, gem->gold exchange was 10 dollars->1.6 gold last time I checked, 1 gold= the price of a SINGLE Siege Golem...

Its not even fair to call them dumb, if they bought gems just to convert to gold...

I can't remember what the going rate is. However I thought it was something like 10g for 39 dollars.

Who is dumber? The person that works for one hour and buys 10g or the person that spends 2 days farming 10g?

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50
    IOriginally posted by Atlan99

I can't remember what the going rate is. However I thought it was something like 10g for 39 dollars.

Who is dumber? The person that works for one hour and buys 10g or the person that spends 2 days farming 10g?

If someone can farm for 2 days and make ONLY 10g that person is a real bad player, I get 2g profits only for crafting exotic weapons, after buying the mats in the ah... thing has netted me over 15 gold so far without even trying hard, buying gems to convert to gold in this game is a total waste of money. 

And mind you, not everyone has a job that makes 40 dollars an hour (or even a proper job as the economy is going).

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Youve met the dumbest people in game then, gem->gold exchange was 10 dollars->1.6 gold last time I checked, 1 gold= the price of a SINGLE Siege Golem...Its not even fair to call them dumb, if they bought gems just to convert to gold...Heck... a single Carrion Pearl Handcannon I craft sells for 3.5 gold
    You want to see something even worse? When I did the maths, if you wanted to buy the WvW Commander book by selling gems, it would cost you more than $450.

/boggle

I can't believe gem prices can possibly stay so low. I've been dumping all my spare gold into gems in the expectation of the price rising steeply.

Originally posted by Banquetto

You want to see something even worse? When I did the maths, if you wanted to buy the WvW Commander book by selling gems, it would cost you more than $450.

/boggle

I can't believe gem prices can possibly stay so low. I've been dumping all my spare gold into gems in the expectation of the price rising steeply.

Yet there are people with it already.

I would say that they probably bypassed Arenanet due to the fact that Gems aren't worth much.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

If there weren't lots of people buing gems to convert to gold, then buying gold with gems wouldn't be so expensive.  Right now there are many more people buying gold with gems, that's why its so cheap.  Personally, I love it.  I have bough 3 character slots, and 2 bank expansions on each of them for nothing.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Just last night in WvWvW I made 6 silver+ in 2 hrs of play selling stuff I got for drops on the TP and to merchants today when I logged in all the stuff or most of it sold I had over 25 silver from that. If you kill ethier plaers or mobs you get drops and you dont need much except stuff that upgrades you the rest I sold. I didn't even save mats  sold it all and like I said made 6 silver and then 25 more by morning.

And the going rate for gems to gold is 1 gem for 32 cp was what it was last night so figure the price out I am not doing the math dont need to most my toons even the ones that are lvl 10 have 2 or 3 gold so no worries for me.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

If there weren't lots of people buing gems to convert to gold, then buying gold with gems wouldn't be so expensive.  Right now there are many more people buying gold with gems, that's why its so cheap.  Personally, I love it.  I have bough 3 character slots, and 2 bank expansions on each of them for nothing.

As you stated I did the same thing bought 3  character slots and have something like 1200 gems  and didnt even buy them just changed gold for gems. But I sell everything on my main except upgrades so by lvl 40 he had over 34 gold now he has like 200 gold and not max lvl I use my other toons to farms mats and my main sells everything he finds except for better gear for now.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by BanquettoYou want to see something even worse? When I did the maths, if you wanted to buy the WvW Commander book by selling gems, it would cost you more than $450.
    Yet there are people with it already.

I would say that they probably bypassed Arenanet due to the fact that Gems aren't worth much.

For sure. My guild, for instance, decided to chip in and buy the Commander book for one of our leaders. 100 gold isn't that much when you have 1000+ people to share the load. :-)

But I can't believe anyone would have made a personal purchase of it, funded by selling gems.