Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kripparian's take on GW2 PvE

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

The OP's post history: 51 posts, 51 anti-GW2 posts. Someone is on a crusade...

Just a hint for you... if you try to convince us the game is bad, for whatever reason, you are wasting your time. And about that video, I have never cared about the opinion of some nerd powergamer and I still don't care about it.

Then add some nonsense and sweet little lies like "you can win with only auto attacking" (which in reality will result in your death of course, and also pathetic participation), and you have the complete picture of the agenda of the OP.

What's funny about the guy making the video, by the way, is that there's another video of him getting utterly owned... by a GW2 boss =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2O4Iz0YKpI&feature=channel&list=UL

But yeah, GW2 PvE is easy... ;-)

Funniest part about that, is that's not even one of the harder explorables.

I love the catch 22 going on in regards to difficulty, though. People complaing about the PvE being too easy, then get to dungeons and complain that it's too hard.

I wouldnt say they are hard but underwhelming, they are boring compared to most events, after having played through a few of the higher level DEs I was hoping dungeons would be more interesting, I mean having to look for what the boss is doing, and avoiding that one Axe that is going to one shot you in the actual world while doing a DE is pretty amazing, its the kind of mechanic that really lends itself to moving away from the so called trinity.

But my god dungeons are pretty bad, they are basically just a zerg fest of mobs wacking at people in an almost random fashion, I am pretty lucky I suppose being a ranger I have noticed some dungeons are tweaked to attack the ranged no matter what while in others mobs never go for the ranged player, so I get to spam skills at the back while people get wacked in the front, I am hoping other dungeons are more interesting than the ones up to level 78 cause they have been dreadful.

Also whats up with a non usable looking for group option ( it does exist in your friends window thingy ) and what is up to putting a lvl 78 instance in a level 70 area what are people supposed to do go around every city and spam LFM because no one is looking for group to a lvl 78 instance in a level 70 area that is remotely within the correct level range, not only that but teleports cost a fortune. They need to fix dungeons and group finding.

But hey I dont particularly mind I really just want to complete the dungeons but it has gone to the point where I have to start begging my friends to actually group up for them cause they all seem to hate the dungeon design with a passion they just dont want to do them anymore, I dont blame them, they are pretty lacking at this point, DEs are much more interesting.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by Blackstar347
    This is the guy who was exploiting the game and got permanently banned by Arenanet. Why on earth would I listen to the opinion of someone who does this?

He exposed the fact GW2 development is too cheap to be able to "roll back" acquisitions.

He didn't change the code and he didn't bot. He used what was sold to him in a box, worked it to its fullest potential, and got punished because of GW2's incapacity to deal with such contingency.

READ: GW2 GROSS INABILITY TO FIX SAID OCCURRANCES WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN "BANNING"

I recommend to anyone who asks, "Do not buy GW2 because they will ban your account, effectively stealing your money, because of their own mistakes and short-sightedness" and I feel very comfortable doing so.

I knew in beta this game was a steaming pile; a game better for 10 year olds. I'm so glad I didn't buy this garbage.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    And another person trying to justify exploiting... how innovating :)
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Another person trying to justify shoddy product.

Originally posted by Kaelano1

I've seen people exploit in bad games, and in good games... the ability to exploit doesn't make a bad game. But be my guest, and continue your little insignificant anti-GW2 crusade ;-)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

I think he's pretty much dead-on.

I really wanted to like the game but I think the PvE is pretty bland and pretty much lost my interest... actually it never really grabbed my interest. I'm sure the game gets much better once you get into PvP but since that's not really my thing... I just don't think this is really something I'll invest a lot of time in at the moment. But since there's no subscription fees, I'm not really too broken up about it.

I've seen people exploit in bad games, and in good games... the ability to exploit doesn't make a bad game. But be my guest, and continue your little insignificant anti-GW2 crusade ;-)

I've seen people exploit.. even "accidentally exploit"... in halfway-good games and had their rewards removed, netting wasted time.. Feel free to keep trying to defend this crap excuse of a game development.

I've seen people exploit.. even "accidentally exploit"... in halfway-good games and had their rewards removed, netting wasted time.. Feel free to keep trying to defend this crap excuse of a game development.

Oh I don't really need to defend anything... the ratings on the various review sites do that for me.

I just don't agree with any justification of exploiting, which you did in your previous posts. Not to mention you post misinformation, since the offenders got their gains removed.

If you're going to bash a game, try to rely on facts, and don't just make up stuff.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• SeunlauSeunlau Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Seunlau
    Originally posted by Blackstar347
    This is the guy who was exploiting the game and got permanently banned by Arenanet. Why on earth would I listen to the opinion of someone who does this?

I am not sure of how good you know a person when you see him/her but what you are saying right there is totally wrong. This guy is a cool dude and he isnt telling lies, you can see it just by looking at him. He even made genuine videos which for me proofs alot. Not only that, he isnt a kid either, he knows what he does and says.

So telling us here that he is a exploiter is just pure BS when HE himself admited exploiting once in his life and it was in wow with a whole 25 man group. I think he deserves much respect.

I actually start to believe that some people here are under 15.. but yeah its not your fault thats how it is :) now go and have some fun gaming. 

So you're saying he didn't infact exploit the cheese pepper exploit and then air it live on his stream for thousands more to see it rather than just report it?

Then, upon being banned for 3 days for airing the exploit intentionally rather than report it, you're saying he didn't then instruct his fans to spam bomb Anet which resulted in his permanent ban?

He also then didn't make an account on Reddit named "Anetisshit" or something to that effect and proceed to bitterly troll the subreddit?

He also didn't then issue a chargeback on his legitimately banned account before purchasing a new account?

Maybe you should actually look into the guys history before condemning someone else for speaking the truth. The way Krippe has acted this past weak has been downright deplorable.7

I told you he is not that kind of a person, what more do you want to know?

No comment.

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101

And people who accidentally used the 21 karma did not get banned or suspended. If people bought 50 or even hundreds, they knew it was an exploit.

Hey, maybe it's because all the other games merely removed the exploited items that people jump onto exploits the first chance they get. I mean what have you got to lose? If the company didn't catch on, you just keep the rewards, and if they did, hey nothing lost.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

He exposed the fact GW2 development is too cheap to be able to "roll back" acquisitions.

He didn't change the code and he didn't bot. He used what was sold to him in a box, worked it to its fullest potential, and got punished because of GW2's incapacity to deal with such contingency.

READ: GW2 GROSS INABILITY TO FIX SAID OCCURRANCES WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN "BANNING"

I recommend to anyone who asks, "Do not buy GW2 because they will ban your account, effectively stealing your money, because of their own mistakes and short-sightedness" and I feel very comfortable doing so.

I knew in beta this game was a steaming pile; a game better for 10 year olds. I'm so glad I didn't buy this garbage.

Yeah, Wow would never ban anyone for that... Wait, they do it all time and as do any other MMO devs. GW1 didnt as long as Strain was in charge but he wouldnt have released the game until 2 months later.

Exploiters will be banned in any MMO except a few so small that losing a single sub is really bad, like Mortal online.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by meari

And people who accidentally used the 21 karma did not get banned or suspended. If people bought 50 or even hundreds, they knew it was an exploit.

Hey, maybe it's because all the other games merely removed the exploited items that people jump onto exploits the first chance they get. I mean what have you got to lose? If the company didn't catch on, you just keep the rewards, and if they did, hey nothing lost.

They dont, if it is really clear that someone exploited something like this the player will be banned in any MMO.

Heck, in TOR they banned people for risking higher level zones to get some better rewards. In this case it was clearly cheating, some people bought over a thousand items.

Noone got banned for getting a single one.

Originally posted by Loke666

Yeah, Wow would never ban anyone for that... Wait, they do it all time and as do any other MMO devs. GW1 didnt as long as Strain was in charge but he wouldnt have released the game until 2 months later.

Exploiters will be banned in any MMO except a few so small that losing a single sub is really bad, like Mortal online.

You can't cite one example of any other mmo banning people because of "wrong item cost on merchant".

Anyway, you're changing the subject. Kripp had nothing to do with any of the merchant bought stuff. He was banned for 3 days for buying items at nomal merchant value but combining them in the forge, which is a god damn game mechanic.

After that he acted a bit turdish and got permabanned on that account.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Best PvE player in WoW isnt exactly saying much. Sorry but its the truth. 

Diablo 3 was just lame, hardcore or not. Your character dying doesnt suddenly turn a horrible fallacy of a diablo game into a good diablo game.

I'm sorry, the voice of the top guy from the pinnacle of PVE gaming (WoW, like it or not), doesn't say much? :)

May I introduce you to a wonderful passtime called - video games? They're fun.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Sad how people dont get the story, krip is a cool guy and if someone then he is the right person to comment GW2 (PvE wise).

There are no words of how **** people are in these topics, he was one of the best pve player in WoW doesnt that tell you something? Listen to this guy, he said diablo 3 Hardcore was good and it was, same thing goes for GW2. Its still hard to let go of those 50$ bucks I guess? Get over it,

I Hope and I know MoP will clean the floor nicely when its out.

blizzard will copy again from last new games some ideas as always, but tab target and old trinity and heavy gear grind please , we are full of it

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Kaelano1 Anyway, you're changing the subject. Kripp had nothing to do with any of the merchant bought stuff. He was banned for 3 days for buying items at nomal merchant value but combining them in the forge, which is a god damn game mechanic.   After that he acted a bit turdish and got permabanned on that account.

People who don't play the game should be unable to talk about it (troll), i care a xit about this or that bug there's time to get better game with constant support, Wow after so many years its full of bugs and annoying ones , Diablo 3 was terry bad on first days and we are talking about a focking greed company as Blizzard that asks money for every piece of nothing in their games.
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Who ? What ? Where ?

Never heard of him ijs 

• luedienielluedieniel Member Posts: 4

I am not sure of how good you know a person when you see him/her but what you are saying right there is totally wrong. This guy is a cool dude and he isnt telling lies, you can see it just by looking at him. He even made genuine videos which for me proofs alot. Not only that, he isnt a kid either, he knows what he does and says.

So telling us here that he is a exploiter is just pure BS when HE himself admited exploiting once in his life and it was in wow with a whole 25 man group. I think he deserves much respect.

I actually start to believe that some people here are under 15.. but yeah its not your fault thats how it is :) now go and have some fun gaming.

Well what you need to keep in mind here is that his exploits in GW2 was very well documented since he was actually streaming at the time of the exploiting, he got banned for it and deserved nothing less.

As for his 'feats' in Diablo 3, well he and Athene have one thing in common, they take as many handouts as they possibly can get from their vast numbers of minions, these minions then spoonfeed kripparian and athene to the point that they're several stages beyond bloated.

They can then proceed along their merry way with a huge advantage on their side.

He is an exploiter tho, wether you like it or not.

Because I can.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by grimm6th
    Originally posted by caetftl

A little background on kripparian, he was in one of the top WoW PvE progression guilds back in the day... he was the first to kill inferno diablo on hardcore in d3, and he is a powergamer + min/maxer. 

So how many of you had a feeling the PvE would come up short?  Anet is not really known for creating challenging PvE, and many people had their concerns about a game which featured 5man endgame pve, as tuning content for 5 players simply will never have the depth of encounters you can design for larger numbers. 

This video is about how he thinks that a rage timer could improve boss fights.  Who knows, he might be right.

He also said this: "The overall PvE, with the quests and stuff, thats pretty awesome..."

I was actually discussing this with people inmy guild. Most of us thought enrage timers would be great for world bosses. The hard part is balancing the time limit/health with the encounter to the number of people in the encounter.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Anet is not really known for creating challenging PvE

Then you don´t know ArenaNet & you haven´t play GW1............................

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

You can't cite one example of any other mmo banning people because of "wrong item cost on merchant".

Everquest used to give temp bans for this crap and so have other mmos

googling vendor exploit ban - i got this recent example from SWTOR giving 1 week ban for vendor exploits

fallout of vendor exploit : SWTOR Discussions
    http://www.taultunleashed.com/swtor-discussions/fallout-of-vendor-exploit-t81634.html

GW2 players buying hundreds/thousands of the vendor item deserved the ban

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

So I have played and beat tons of pc and video games for over 20 years.  Have been alpha/beta tester in more than 350+ mmos additional to offline games and their online content and I still wouldn't go out there and claim "I'm a pro gamer and one of the best in X mmo".

Even other people praised me in many games I still only said "thank you" and were done with it cause I really think there is NO NEED to go around claiming you are this or that in any game since you aren't the only one anyway and because being elitistic is something that rather makes you look bad than good.

So I really don't understand why a person can't post something like "my review" or "my opinion about GW2" and share but rather feel the need to boast like "hey I was the best or one of the best in WoW hear my out" (which is a good mmo for "mmo newbies" but not experienced mmo players in my opinion anyway).  

Also don't understand WHY someone will start comparing GW2 to WoW once again when both games are having a different approach and different systems too.

Other than that PLEASE experience the whole content first before you do half arsed reviews only because you are for whatever reason in desperate need to prove your point of some short.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Zzad
    Anet is not really known for creating challenging PvE

Then you don´t know ArenaNet & you haven´t play GW1............................

He definately never did cause Factions was hardcore, the hard mode was almost impossible and some parts of EoTN, the Underworld, Fissure of Woe and Sorrows Furnace were like death traps galore. :)

This discussion has been closed.