Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bought the game but cant even get in to play

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
so i went on gamestop and ordered a ce and get it, install it, patch it, make account, create a character, get indefinite black screen, quit out, try to fire game back up, and cant log in at all.  and nothing but error 502 when trying to load guild wars 2 webs.  what a fucking scam, they take your money and then dont let you play at all.

Comments

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43
    bored huh?
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I'm with you bro. All the people who loves this game havent played it at all.

Wait what?

I'm sorry to hear that you have these problems. But saying the game doesnt work at all just clearly isnt true.

Maybe the servers were down atm when you tried? It happen that they are down some few minutes during patches during the days.

Having firewall or anything on? Are you sure, that you registered the CE with your exact E-Mail adresse?

If still having issues, I would suggest contacting ANet support.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by neorandom
    so i went on gamestop and ordered a ce and get it, install it, patch it, make account, create a character, get indefinite black screen, quit out, try to fire game back up, and cant log in at all.  and nothing but error 502 when trying to load guild wars 2 webs.  what a fucking scam, they take your money and then dont let you play at all.

It seems there just scamming you then. They must be hating on you. Website works just fine and the black screen might be something related to hardware. Anyhow login server are down right now.

Maybe this helps for you:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/52654-black-screen-after-login/

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

If you literally just tried the Servers are down for maintenance right now

Should be up within the hour

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Well it's been on maintenence for about 20 minutes, but it shouldn't be doing any of that.  In fact I haven't heard many log in problems at all since beta.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

It is down for sever maintenance. Would probably be easier to know this if these dumbasses would get their forums up.

Really bad community support so far.

Oooo but they're on Twitter and Reddit!

Not the same as having an active forum so save it and stfu.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Have to read twitter to get GW2 updates.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

It is down for sever maintenance. Would probably be easier to know this if these dumbasses would get their forums up.

Forums are up for news, bugs and technical stuff:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

Game status is posted daily on their wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I remember a message earlier saying its going to be maintenance so I just went off to play smite.  I cant sleep :(

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Jeleena

Forums are up for news, bugs and technical stuff:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

Game status is posted daily on their wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

Not like it is remotely oriented for what the OP was talking about.

Anyways, I'll do their job for them. Servers are up so you should be able to login. Have at at it. Hopefully they get their forums fully up and running soon.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

For anyone getting a blackscreen with MSI Afterburner on disable it, i had the same problem.

After 1 hour of rolling drivers in and out i disabaled MSI AFTERBURNER and voila game fired up -_- !!!

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Yes, really bad. Oh wait the support forums are up as well as a limited discussion forum. If you go to the top thread in the news and announcement section on the forum you get a link to what is going on today. The last line of that being update and maintenance for right now. 

So are you going to save it and stfu? I doubt it.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Luckily downtime is now, and not when I'm free from my slavery work.