Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gear in the expansion

IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

So question for Rift vets:

I haven't played in a while, and I'm considering resubbing when the expack goes live. In terms of gear, will I be behind the curve at all or will the expansion basically be a clean slate? I'm just curious if the new level cap will basically make everything obsolete, or if Trion is going to handle it differently.

Comments

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I just started playing again. I only played the game for about 3 months after launch but thinking about it I imagine it would be a clean slate since there is a level increase. I dont know how todays gear would be relevent if your 5 or 10 levels higher. (not sure how high the level increase will be)
  • George271George271 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Izik

So question for Rift vets:

I haven't played in a while, and I'm considering resubbing when the expack goes live. In terms of gear, will I be behind the curve at all or will the expansion basically be a clean slate? I'm just curious if the new level cap will basically make everything obsolete, or if Trion is going to handle it differently.

Hartsman said having ID gear will be a bonus while leveling 50-60.  Non ID gear will be quickly replaced but ID gear should be good enough to get one into expert dungoens at 60 or close.  That is roughly what the devs have said.

Where you may be behind is on your planar core.  They have not addressed whether there will be upgrades to cores and what currency will be used.  Will stockpiling ISS' have any benefit?  You may be behind hee or you may not.  Most likely we will all have to grind some new essences using some new form of currency.

The second area you may be behind.  Well i am sure you will be behind here is PA levels.  Currently the cap is a little over 1000 PA levels.  With the expansion they are making PAs account wide, making each PA point allow equal one new ability and changing the leveling process whereby each succesive PA level takes greater XP.  I am guessing that means they will be overhauling Tier 1 and Tier 2 PAs but I am unsure if they will add the third Tier.  However its done you will be pretty far behind in PA level as people have been grinding them for over a year now.

Other than that it should pretty much mean a fresh start for new people and people behind hte gear curve.