Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for MMORPG.

Hey this is my first time posting here though i came looking for a good mmorpg. though ive tried many mmorpgs, I'm looking for an mmorpg that will meet most of these requirments ranked by what is most important. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

1. Good character build system. Somewhat like rubies of eventide. able to distibute points and skills. Idealy like Neverwinter Nights.

2. Population and Economy.  Not overcrowded like Ragnarok Online and money isn't impossible to come by or takes months to become moderatly good.

3. Graphics. 2d or 3d is ok. Graphics like Ragnarok online would be great. camera can be turned and zoomed.

4Client is downloadable. monthly fee is ok up to 15$ a month. Betas are also ok. English please.

5.Friendly community that isnt full of ***hats that are too full of themselves

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by mandrayke

Hey this is my first time posting here though i came looking for a good mmorpg. though ive tried many mmorpgs, I'm looking for an mmorpg that will meet most of these requirments ranked by what is most important. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!
    1. Good character build system. Somewhat like rubies of eventide. able to distibute points and skills. Idealy like Neverwinter Nights.
    2. Population and Economy.  Not overcrowded like Ragnarok Online and money isn't impossible to come by or takes months to become moderatly good.
    3. Graphics. 2d or 3d is ok. Graphics like Ragnarok online would be great. camera can be turned and zoomed.
    4Client is downloadable. monthly fee is ok up to 15$ a month. Betas are also ok. English please.
    5.Friendly community that isnt full of ***hats that are too full of themselves

Helps if you told us what you have played.

1)SWG(star wars galaxies) has a very good charcter building and you do spend points and custom design your character.

2)SWG as far as i am concerned has best economy in any game now taking that title from UO.Everything is player made.Community is rather mature too

3)SWG probabaly has best graphics to date but also it is the newest mmorpg out there.

4)nope not downloadable .have to pay for box about $50  and is rather expensive to play $15 in short making it the most expensive pay to play MMROPG out there atm.

5)mature community is again SWG since a lot of the people there are working folks that are trying to live the star wars dream.

It has a lot fo short comings and is not even my best mmropg of all time but for what you listed it is best around.

• mandraykemandrayke Member Posts: 21

bump someone plz help (Fantasy games plz)

the games i have played are: Pristontale, Ragnarok Online, Helbreath , Rubies of Eventide and some i can't remember

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot are really your only choices at this current time until some of the upcoming titles are released such as World of Warcraft and Dragon Empires etc.

• nalanala Member Posts: 173
    If you can wait..I would highly recommend checking out HOrizons...or even trying to get into the current beta that they have going on right now as the requirements you provide appear as they would fit well into the lines of Horizons.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

if your gonna get one KNOW and cant wait like.....6 months

then go with EQ or DAoC

EQ is WAY more fun....just one drawback, the people are so selfish, that they dont even answer u when u send em a tell

eq's society is very grumpy indeedimage

DAoC SUCKS in gameplay

but the people are SUPERNICE i mean, u ask for like 20gold, and they give it to u

lol

but thats the thing about daoc, i only polayed it 14 out of the 120 i had it

eq i played the 120 out of 120 i had it

...see the difference?

• BuMnAcHaIrBuMnAcHaIr Member Posts: 77

Lol when i was playing DAoC around release 20 gold was alot =P was lucky if someone lent 2 gold.

Well around those numbers anyways..only got into my 30s or round there before i got tired of the dungeons.

The people were nice tho, loot and items were never a big deal, while in EQ loot and items are...huge deal...although items are much harder to get in eq. I never got into a 48 hour playing frenzy with DAoC and with EQ, it was a common occurence, weekends, vacations oh man. My friend stayed at my house like a month and me and him just took turns day and night, my poor pc never got rest!

One kick in the face is better then two.

One kick in the face is better then two.

lol inflation

heh

anyway...i had a few eq raids in my timeimage

• TranceTrance Member Posts: 17
    good game that isnt over crowed has a good atmusfear but doesnt really meet to much of a balanced class system. The Realm. Try it out theres a free 1 month subscirption to it right now if you want to try that out and see if you like it.

that requires a credit card to get the free trial

just though id let u know

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

DAoC or EQ then.DAoC has better crafting though compared to EQ.

State now if you are the type that don't want to  buy the software!!

Tired of us quoting 100 games to be told after 100000000000 posts that "oh i want it for free download only

• MorradinMorradin Member Posts: 2

You could give Myth Of Soma a (TRY!)

Its not sooo bad all in all, except for the bad server.

Decent Graphics and a very adaptable character

Community isn't so good though... why i left.

• TinyTiny Member Posts: 31
    If 2D is ok and you want a great game take UO. I would play that, but for that Grafix are too important for me, so I play DAoC, thats nice too. The RvR is great and the community is cool.

Live by the sword - Die by the sword

Live by the sword - Die by the sword

• viper10000viper10000 Member Posts: 4

hi im new 2 this web site so dont get mad if i give u crap advice ok.i think that runescape might be close 2 wat ur looking 4.it is 2-d for people who are not members.u can do whatever the hel u want and have lots of different stats that u can work up such as cooking,smithing,mining u get the point.there is also membets only stuff like being able 2 make bows and crossbows and and other sweet stuff.But as i said befor its only for membersimage.

P.Smembership is 5$ per month.image

• meisterman12meisterman12 Member Posts: 11
    I would try EQ..a very fun game

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

DAoC or EQ....

Do you like player killing?

The whole point of DAoC is based on that purpose... the Realm Vs. Realm aspect. With Everquest, you have your choice... No PvP, PvP.. and I think they had a sort of Realm Vs. Realm thing going... though I never tried it.

Everquest you have your choice... DAoC technically you can "choose" if you want to run outside of your kingdom and go RvR'ing and you can do so at whim. With EQ, you would have to make a whole new character if you wanted to try out PvP or RvR stuff if you were on a "no PvP" server.

I played both, was with EQ a year longer... EQ takes a while to level up "excluding powerleveling" where DAoC I leveled at a steady pace. *shrugs*

If anything... check out FFXI. It's comming out in a little over a week, and that's what I've been waiting for. At any rate, good luck on your search, and I hope this helped somewhat.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• TigerReiTigerRei Member UncommonPosts: 141
    If you want to wait a few months, Face of Mankind may suit your needs. It's slated for a Q1 2004 release.