Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to all those hitting 80...WHY?

sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i cant imagine why people would wanna shit all over this game and powerlevel till 80. to those hitting 80 already - you must really hate the game (or play 24/7).

i logged about 50 hours on my guardian, enjoying DE's, personal story, spvp, tpvp and WvW. im only level 22 >.<  im enjoying every square foot of this beautiful world. 

Comments

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77

i got 80 yesterday, i wasnt even trying, i just played. after you hit 40 you kind of get handed free experiance left and right with all the events going on, and orr is all event baced no hearts, i got 70-80 in about 3 hours. and had a blast doing the area.

i fully enjoy the game. and look forward to starting my next toon

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    i just hit 80 today, took around 125 hours, i in no way rushed, have been doing every single lowbie zone and working my way on up and working on the personal story and crafting. Enjoying this game alot.
  • HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

You don't play the game the same way as me! You must be an idiot! My way is the only way to play a game! If you play more than me then you have no life and if you play less then you are a casual carebear!

/thread

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I been playing respectfully since August 29th and finally managed to get to 24, leveling goes by fast in this game so far and I am not even racing to 80 since there is no need to. It is definitely a altholic game, at least how it's looking to me.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    nice to hear that. hard to imagine me getting to 80 any time soon =S
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by sonoggi

i cant imagine why people would wanna shit all over this game and powerlevel till 80. to those hitting 80 already - you must really hate the game (or play 24/7).

i logged about 50 hours on my guardian, enjoying DE's, personal story, spvp, tpvp and WvW. im only level 22 >.<  im enjoying every square foot of this beautiful world. 

ANET stated they were going for -roughly- 2 hours per level, so you're right on schedule. besides, aside from getting fed crafting mats, there isnt any powerleveling in this game. just playing it will level you up plenty fast.

and who care if someone 'rushed' to 80? its not like they cant go back and fully experience any zone they may have skipped.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    I went slowly the first several days but I've speeded up my leveling recently.  I just want to be able to buy gems for gold at roughly the current prices.  I think when a lot of people hit 80 the price will go up a lot.  I'd rather avoid that.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    I normally feel a need to crank through levels to keep up with some of my more hardcore buddies but GW2 has allowed me to really take my time and enjoy the PvE experience without worrying about how I'm gonna hang with my friends (thx to down leveling).
  • AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

I feel the same as the OP, and I'm only level 22 and been playing since the 25th.

Playing the way I play is ONLY FUN and I can do that with any game really but GW2 is not any game is way better then all games I played so far.

By the way I bought every mmorpg there is with fantasy setup meaning sword/magic.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Quite frankly I'm trying not to level. I do believe the game was designed to level quick so it's not a huge deal. Even after level 80 the fun begins completing area content, crafting, collecting dies, etc. 

Level 41, 107 hours played 10 days. I'm taking my time and still leveling fairly quickly for what I am doing. Lots of gathering and crafting.

Gone are the days of taking 6 months to get to level 60 in vanilla WoW. Fast leveling era is here. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

There is a percentage of players out there who just rush through to get the maximum level , so they can pull the game aprt , when they havent really explored or done half of what the game actually offers.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I agree with others that because of the autoscaling down, it is kind of useless to get to 80 quick, but apart from that I don't understand why it matters. People who are lvl80 already just played a lot and kept doing content for their lvl. That way you lvl very fast. GW2 has a lot faster lvling then most other MMO's. Lvling doesnt become slower at higher lvl and it is intended that way.

Its that I tend to stick to areas longer and most of the time get them 100% or I would have been (close to) 80 too. Currrently lvl46 in an area that is 25-40. I just can't prevent lvling, it still goes fairly fast.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Yes...clearly those that hate the game are the ones at 80 already >_>

Wtf is all I have to day to this topic.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    I play since 27th and I have one char at lvl 6, one at lvl 9 and one at lvl 15. I have no idea how people got to 80 already (beside leveling trough crafting), but it will take me months, considering that I probably won't be playing as much in the future as I did untill now.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

lvl 73 atm. Just started the 70-75 zone and it has no hearts. Been having fun trying to defend our front lines from NPCs, failure options are far more apparent in this area.

My biggest driving force is that I want to see Zhaitan. I think my alt will see far more nooks and crannies than my main.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Magnetia

lvl 73 atm. Just started the 70-75 zone and it has no hearts. Been having fun trying to defend our front lines from NPCs, failure options are far more apparent in this area.

My biggest driving force is that I want to see Zhaitan. I think my alt will see far more nooks and crannies than my main.

Clearly you really hate this game.

>_>

This topic makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Clearly you really hate this game.

>_>

This topic makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I do know however that it will take obscene amounts of grinding to get the Karma vandor armors in the 80 zone.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by dorksmetal

i got 80 yesterday, i wasnt even trying, i just played. after you hit 40 you kind of get handed free experiance left and right with all the events going on, and orr is all event baced no hearts, i got 70-80 in about 3 hours. and had a blast doing the area.

i fully enjoy the game. and look forward to starting my next toon

I'm not 80 yet, just hit around 64 or 65 (asura mesmer).  However, like you, I'm not even trying to rush, just playing casually and don't even know that I leveled sometimes until I find 2 or 3 tactic/skill points I haven't used.  Levels do come quite fast, but they are almost irrelevant, and I'm having too much fun to notice them. 

I was checking how the shared bank worked the other day by finally creating a second character (human guardian), and I started playing him to around level 4.  It was like I was playing a totally different game with the new set of skills and new environment.  I believe the replayablity on this game will be quite good.  Like I said, I don't even know the levels come, they just happen, maybe a little too easily.

By the way, just have to add that every day with my mesmer I seem to have a truly epic experience or batle that sticks in my mind.  The Eternal Battleground three way battle I had last night between us, another server, and the Grub, I don't think I'll ever forget.  Really awesome.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I love leveling, had the time and won't have the time in the near future.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Now leveling to 80 too fast is considered "Bashing GW2?"

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135
    To some PL'ing to 80 is so they can hallow boast how great they think they are.
    Some players actually have a compulsive disorder and can't stop playing.
    Others are so they can get top gear for farming karma points in W v W.
    Its very typical to see some people play 24/7 to get max level.

I been having lots of fun with everything in the game, except the 'Overflow' game part. I don't like that part of the game.
    Seems no matter what you do you get XP and its nice.
    I'm only at lvl 25 cause I been playing my ALT's and enjoying them as well.
    I will get to 80 when I stop smelling the roses along the way.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• aznxdreadfulaznxdreadful Member UncommonPosts: 21

You just can't satisfy everyone... thats just life... the haters gonna hate, we all hear this but its really the only truth out there... If they didn't hate something they wouldn't bash it, Disliking it, not enjoying it, falls into that category if you complain about anything you don't like.

theres gonna always be a piece of shit, that has his own opinion to try make others fall down to there level because there all alone down there at the bottom of the pile.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I play often and I'm disabled (so no work life) but i am not rushing through anything. I agree, why would people want to reach level 80 immediately it does you no good. It doesn't help you get end game gear any faster, it doesn't make you that much more powerful when running dungeons, the dungeon in the game are all lower levels althruout the game, the pvp matches you to 80 so there is no notable contest but skill.smh

what exactly is the appeal?? especially in a game that downlevels you to the zone you are in so you don't go one shotting everything?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Thanks for telling us how you play the game.  I guess everybody else is doing it wrong.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm level 39 right now with about 47 hours of play time. I'm just enjoying myself, but I know quite a few people who want to hit 80 just to get the leveling portion out of the way so they can go and explore and do wvw afterwards. Also some people are taking time to craft, and that levels you extremely fast whether you want to level or not.