Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the bashing?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Why do people allways need to bash things that are good and popular intoo the ground, just for the reason of bashing it

Sometimes the internet is the worst place on earth. Its sad how some bash people that post possitives about GW2 intoo the ground. Just because they can do so unpunnished.

GW2 is the best thing that happened to MMO gaming since WoW and its here to stay for a very vey long time. I truely hope more and more peopple give it a try and have a good time for a few hundred hours. The gameplay is great, the stories are fun and the world feels morre alive then any other MMO world out there. I personally had no problems except for a few loggin issues on headstart day. And the only real annoyance so far is the auctionhall being still unavailable.

Most people that are having problems is because of their own unabbillity of setting the game on lower settings or upgrading their hardware to fit their settings. The world is beautifull but requires a good system.

Arenanet is working 24 hours a day to solve all the small issues, and patching several times a day, which is unheard of in modern day MO´s.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Why do people feel the need to make the same topic thread with a different headline on forums about the same game and how much they love it better then sex?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    You answered your own question, really.  People are drawn like moths to a flame to anything popular, and sometimes what they have to say isn't very nice, even if they know real people put a lot of effort and love into a product.  It's just a big old dick waving contest to see who can be the biggest rebel in the room.  I'm guilty of the same thing; I hated how popular House MD was until I saw it, and now it's one of my favorite shows.  You just have to leave space for an open mind.  If you don't like it after trying it, at least you tried it.  But some people go above and beyond to be bitter on this site.
  • BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Goldknyght
    Why do people feel the need to make the same topic thread with a different headline on forums about the same game and how much they love it better then sex?

I would presume because they are married?

;)

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    To challenge the status quo. Same reason why everyone says bad things about WoW. But GW2 has its issues, I won't talk about them on this forum. But people have a right.
  • wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    I usually block/ignore haters instantly unless they have something interesting to say which happens once in a blue moon.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

2 possible reasons:

1: boredom

2: you need to hate something so you know the meaning of love...a pure philosophical journey to find the true you!

(:

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I think seeing half of these glass-half-empty people in real life would explain everything to you.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    [mod edit]
  • Jeff7477Jeff7477 Member Posts: 35
    [mod edit]
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    [mod edit]

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

GW2 is here to stay and u are absolutely right it is a wonderfull game.

Even if people play it for a month and enjoy it , that is a success.

It has become a standard these days that an MMO to be good it has to sustain millions of players for years.

What they never reallize is that those MMO's feed them crap grind to keep them paying forever , in a dream that they actually make progress and something worth it.

On the other hand games like GW2 despite it's few problems  , offer the option to play whenever u like , in whatever pace u like with no actual fee.

This is what i call freedom of choice to play as u like whenever u like ,not because ur credit card is being charged each month and u HAVE to play ur money worth of game time.

Still though people enter GW2 to rush to 80 to start grinding , and they don't realize the game is nothing of the sort , u have to simply enjoy the ride and the wonderfull world Anet created , and then whine that they have nothing to do .

Who's to blame the game or the stupid attitude the other developers created for us , and we fell for it.

Enjoy the game and keep the rage and rush for ur real life , everyday is full of it.

Gaming is meant to relax u , not push u even further .

So thumbs up for Anet great job , and to all of u fellow gamers a nice day.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    They bash the game because they expected something else.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by miagisan

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Newsflash - 99% of players, if not more, don't spend their lives on forums hating on games that mean nothing to them. They're too busy playing the actual game, or you know, getting a little sun.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Sometimes the internet is the worst place on earth. Its sad how some bash people that post possitives about GW2 intoo the ground. Just because they can do so unpunnished.

Oh it seems mostly to be big forums like MMORPG ones :)

The bigger the forums are the more shit throwing there seems to be, the laws of the interweb. Smaller communities tend to attract people that can express their opinions without resulting into "yo' mama"- level. Best way to handle it is ignore or avoid these places alltogether, really makes you feel more upbeat if you don't read the kind of stuff people write here :)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

[mod edit]

Annnnd this is a wonderful example of what is wrong with MMORPG.com.

Listen...."GW2" did not bash ANY game.  TERA did not bash ANY game.

Certain individuals who are fans of those games may have bashed other games sure.  BUT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE THE ACTIONS OF A FEW INDIVIDUALS TO AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY OF FANS.

If Bob the GW2 fan bashes your game, then take your issue up with Bob, not the GW2 community.  The same goes for ANY game.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by slowpoke68

Well in all fairness, this launch is beginning to reak of AoC. 

I'm really suprised.  I played in the first two BWE's and it seemed like ANet had it together.  Based on that, I was expecting a great launch.

I cancelled my preorder and am waiting for them to sort out the technical and security issues before I buy...if I buy at this rate.

Also, I have noticed GW2 fans have been awfully bad about trolling other games in the past...SWTOR and TSW comes to mind.  So there is probably some payback here.

I don't know what to think...there are a lot of people who really seem to like the game, and it sure is selling lots of copies, but I am reading a lot of things that trouble me also.  Its interesting to watch how the tone of the posts on this forum have changed just since launch from mostly all positive to a lot of negatives.  Objectively, I don't think the number of issues that are raised can be written off merely to trolling.

Something that is telling for me, is the amount of time the most rabid fan boys are spending on forum pvp here.  Thats how it was after AoC launch.  If you are really deep down having a good time in a game, you are not going to be spending such an inordinate amount of time on forums.  It is weird to see people claiming how much they love the game, then seeing those same people swooping in within moments of a negative post to tear the OP a new one. 

Anyways, I hope they straighten things out.  The issues that I read most about are account security, auction house being down, network lag, no official forums, and server capacity issues.  Also, I have read that the game is heavily CPU dependent, but then others say it is totally optimized for GPU's so I don't know what to make of that.  One way or the other, these are not minor issues and they need to be resolved.

I need a new PvP game and WAR is getting old, so I am hoping this will be half way decent. 

The launch is 3000% worse on the forums than it is in reality ;).

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    This website is a haven for people disappointed or looking for an MMO. Don't be fooled, this is the best MMO since WoW.
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

you mean like how GW2 fans were bashing fans of other games repeatedly?

hehehehe....hypocrisy goes well with coffee in the morning :)

Bashing games like SWTOR? Because that turned out to be such an amazing and succesful game and did new things....

not just tor....tera was bashed by gw2, so was TSW, etc etc.....TOR was not the only one.

Annnnd this is a wonderful example of what is wrong with MMORPG.com.

Listen...."GW2" did not bash ANY game.  TERA did not bash ANY game.

Certain individuals who are fans of those games may have bashed other games sure.  BUT YOU CANNOT ATTRIBUTE THE ACTIONS OF A FEW INDIVIDUALS TO AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY OF FANS.

If Bob the GW2 fan bashes your game, then take your issue up with Bob, not the GW2 community.  The same goes for ANY game.

oh i  agree. I was not bashing the OP cause he is fairly objective, but alot of people arent. I was just pointing it out that like his original post, the vocal minority has to be dealt with by all sides, this is NOT a problem unique to GW2.

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by dronfwar

[mod edit]

All the women I know love it.

Its the pretty colours and the stupid little deformed mouse thing.

I'll try it out on the GF's computer when I can be bothered and the decide if I like it or not. From what I've seen its jumping on platforms and things to complete achievements....mario brothers?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Why the bashing? Do you even need to ask?

Haters gonna hate.

• ParameterParameter Member Posts: 56

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Some rights are inalienable,

One of those is the right to ones own opinion.

Some folks are not so elequent, and, what they spew forth is trash.

Don't take it personal.

Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    This website is a haven for people disappointed or looking for an MMO. Don't be fooled, this is the best MMO since WoW.

Makes me wonder if I should stop coming here now that I found a game I like lol.  I feel like Sam at the end of a Quantum Leap episode when he shoots out rays of light and moves onto the next body.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Saying that the customer service is inexcusably bad is not bashing.

Ffs NCsoft, Anet get a customer service number for GW2 like every other AAA mmo.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by bcbully

Saying that the customer service is inexcusably bad is not bashing.

Ffs NCsoft, Anet get a customer service number for GW2 like every other AAA mmo.

Bully, what server are you on, man?

This discussion has been closed.