Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have to admit it, Guild wars two is a pretty awesome game.

To be fair,,,i prefer fantasy "worlds", but this is the next best thing in my opinion.

ive played all the good ones and i put this one right up there at the top with DAOC a close second and everquest pre raiding close behind and wow bringing up the rear.

It just has so many cool things in the game, and while i can understand why progression raiders and gankers probabally wont like this game, i think its currently the best mmo platform out there at the moment.

i dont worry too much about launch glitches as all games have those, and my only real complaint is that i cant elevate the camera as i like the closer views.

if there was one thing i think they should add it would be a guild story. Like a personal story but with your whole guild.

a job well done. I already have my 50 bucks worth.

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Yep, I freakin love this game :)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    It is absolutely the best game out their and the best I ever played. 
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Originally posted by rungard

To be fair,,,i prefer fantasy "worlds", but this is the next best thing in my opinion.

ive played all the good ones and i put this one right up there at the top with DAOC a close second and everquest pre raiding close behind and wow bringing up the rear.

It just has so many cool things in the game, and while i can understand why progression raiders and gankers probabally wont like this game, i think its currently the best mmo platform out there at the moment.

i dont worry too much about launch glitches as all games have those, and my only real complaint is that i cant elevate the camera as i like the closer views.

if there was one thing i think they should add it would be a guild story. Like a personal story but with your whole guild.

a job well done. I already have my 50 bucks worth.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

I agree with OP, I´m having a blast with GW2.

One of the best games i´ve played in the last years, and surely the best MMO (for me).

imageimage

imageimage

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

You are asking too much from people on these boards. No MMO was awesome here since 2005.

For me it is awesome though. Yet again, im the black sheep here it seems. ;)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by dzoni87

You are asking too much from people on these boards. No MMO was awesome here since 2005.

Three out of four replies agreeing with the OP, what are you talking about?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Vhaln

Eh who knows. Maybe the rest went to sleep or something. Shh, better be carefull not to awake them :))

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

What?  A large number of posters here think GW2 is better than the wheel, sliced bread and penicillin combined.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Dragon43591Dragon43591 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Guildwars 2 is so far the most bland game ive played, As soon as i started playing it felt like guildwars without the choice of what skills to use or the ability to choose what you look like in terms of gear.. I dont have the urge like I did in guildwars to actually see how far guildwars 2 goes. As far as customization, thats all i look for in a videogame, Hence why this will never be considered a sandbox..
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Only posting because I can't stand generalizations in titles.

I've stated it already elsewhere so to keep it simple and short: I truly do not like GW2 and likely for many of the reasons why so many others like it.

Go ahead and enjoy the game but don't tell me everyone loves it and that anyone not liking it is a troll.

You stay sassy!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Actually, 4 agreed, 1 troll, 2 against, and 1 guy who only has 1 post and who is calling it bland so that one is quite likely to be hired by Blizzard to sabotage other company's MMO reputation.

Eh who knows. Maybe the rest went to sleep or something. Shh, better be carefull not to awake them :))

Course there's a percentage of people who don't like the game - since when does any game ever appeal to everyone?  I'm not going to play the "vocal minority" card, but forums are a confusing way to judge a game's popularity.  There are all sorts of reasons a game might get lots of love or hate, despite how it's really doing.

Seems to be a staggering percentage of people who are enjoying the game a whole lot, though.  I'd hardly say you're exactly a black sheep :p

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    GW2 is hands down the best crafted "bleh" game I've played. Like dressing a chimp with a designer suit. It might look sharper than a chimp wearing shorts, but it's still a chimp.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by dave6660

What?  A large number of posters here think GW2 is better than the wheel, sliced bread and penicillin combined.

Indeed...we are just too busy playing to post  xDD

Just pass by these forums after my 4 hours session everynight  ;)

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Actually, 4 agreed, 1 troll, 2 against, and 1 guy who only has 1 post and who is calling it bland so that one is quite likely to be hired by Blizzard to sabotage other company's MMO reputation.

His register date is 2009.

Do you really give Blizzard that much credit for forethought? 

Really?

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263
    The game is great.. More i play, more i like it. The maps after the start areas just get better and better.
  • EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Only posting because I can't stand generalizations in titles.

I've stated it already elsewhere so to keep it simple and short: I truly do not like GW2 and likely for many of the reasons why so many others like it.

Go ahead and enjoy the game but don't tell me everyone loves it and that anyone not liking it is a troll.

EVE is an awesome game in my opinion, yet I don't play it because of a few reasons that make me dislike it. See, it's possible. I think you exaggerated a bit on the kind of generalization OP did on the title, especially when he mentions it's his opinion multiple times on his post. Anyway your point is taken, not everyone likes the game and I agree.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Really?

Yes and in all these years he posted one comment, and that is against GW2, after 3 years of creating an account.

Really?

Dates can be hacked or inaccurate. Haven't you notice all the 1 posters who have been created a long time ago coming out of the woodwork to just make 1 negative comment?

Course there's a percentage of people who don't like the game - since when does any game ever appeal to everyone?  I'm not going to play the "vocal minority" card, but forums are a confusing way to judge a game's popularity.  There are all sorts of reasons a game might get lots of love or hate, despite how it's really doing.

Seems to be a staggering percentage of people who are enjoying the game a whole lot, though.  I'd hardly say you're exactly a black sheep :p

Yea, most certainly. But the ammount of hate toward every new title released would lead one to believe that every new MMORPG is automatically fail and will be dead after a month only because it isnt some old-school stuff.

Originally posted by Zzad
    Originally posted by dave6660

Indeed...we are just too busy playing to post  xDD

Just pass by these forums after my 4 hours session everynight  ;)

Well.. same here i'd say. Despite i promised i wont do that. Oh, cant resist temptations, i guess.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Really?

Yes and in all these years he posted one comment, and that is against GW2, after 3 years of creating an account.

Really?

Dates can be hacked or inaccurate. Haven't you notice all the 1 posters who have been created a long time ago coming out of the woodwork to just make 1 negative comment?

Your tinfoil hat needs adjusted, it apparently is too tight.

Of course my register date is from '05 so I must have been hacked too because I don't share the same opinion.

Then again, you only have 85 posts for an account made 3 years ago, how do we know you're not a GW2 liason here simply to pump up the game?

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

At the risk of sounding like a party killer/negative nancy, GW2 has it's own subforum. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/562

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

For the most part I am having fun.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127
    having fun, but cant stop falling asleep. so i am more in between. 
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Dragon43591
    As far as customization, thats all i look for in a videogame, Hence why this will never be considered a sandbox..

I'd better forward this message to ANet and let them know they failed in their attempt to make GW2 a sandbox.

Seriously though, are you ok?

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

Best MMO on the market, in pretty much every way.

Except economy right now >.<  though when the server-wide ah goes up it'll be so worth the wait, might even give EvE a run for it's money.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?