Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game

n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Let me resume the state of the game (at the moment that I am writing this):

- spvp is not working

- tournaments not working

- Black Lion Trading Company is not working

- Character creation/deletion is not working

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

They are doing a good job.

This game can have 9.1 on hype counter but for my is even 9.2 on frustration counter.

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Character creation/deletion isnt working?

I just deleted a toon earlier to make another and it worked (like 3 hours ago)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

Sorry OP but nobody cares because:

(b) You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of NCsoft, that NCsoft cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that NCsoft will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that NCsoft may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Software that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

(i) You warrant and represent that You understand the Game sets forth a virtual world and not the real world, that You understand the distinction between a virtual world and the real world, that You understand that You have no fundamental right whatsoever to use the Game, and that You understand that NCsoft may in its sole and absolute discretion terminate Your ability to access or use the Game for any reason or for no reason whatsoever as detailed above under Section 3;

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Sad but true, everyone has to agree to this crap terms upon installation (pretty standard terms for other similar products by the way).

In other words, end-user is not entitled to complain, like EVER, in case something goes wrong for a product that has been paid for. Nobody cares, really.

Should software companies be held responsible BY LAW to provide a service with a 99,9% uptime like enterprise-level contracts they sign with their suppliers? yes.

Will governments make laws to protect end-users from such ridiculous terms of service that have been used to take advantage of customers since the dawn of time? no.

In the gaming industry, strictly speaking, you pay for something hoping that the developer/publisher will be so kind hearted to let you play and take care of you as a valuable customer.

I'm disgusted by the situation as well, but I am also aware that this is "normal".

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Arent nearly all of the game issues related to just too many freaking people trying to play?

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

- spvp is not working

*Changing pages for the random% that can work the TP when using searches crashes it and you have to restart.

*Buying/selling can fail and you will lose your money/item.

- Forums not working*

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

-Incorectly posted prices then banned people for taking advatage of them

-No chat moderation in the evengings

-No Patch notes, Have to check other gamming forums to find out whats going on.

This game can have 9.1 on hype counter but for my is even 9.2 on frustration counter.

I fixed it for you.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

- spvp is not working

Yes it is.

They just launched.

Give it a few days.

Worked fine for me and hundreds of thousands of others.

- Security problems

Sure if you use a weak password. All user end problems.

- Exploiting problems

Anytime an exploit is found it is taken advantage of. Advantage here is that Arena Net drops the ban hammer which is a welcome change in the mmo business.

Only thing you said that makes sense.

Originally posted by samvenice

Sorry OP but nobody cares because:

(b) You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of NCsoft, that NCsoft cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that NCsoft will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that NCsoft may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Software that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

(i) You warrant and represent that You understand the Game sets forth a virtual world and not the real world, that You understand the distinction between a virtual world and the real world, that You understand that You have no fundamental right whatsoever to use the Game, and that You understand that NCsoft may in its sole and absolute discretion terminate Your ability to access or use the Game for any reason or for no reason whatsoever as detailed above under Section 3;

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Sad but true, everyone has to agree to this crap terms upon installation (pretty standard terms for other similar products by the way).

In other words, end-user is not entitled to complain, like EVER, in case something goes wrong for a product that has been paid for. Nobody cares, really.

Should software companies be held responsible BY LAW to provide a service with a 99,9% uptime like enterprise-level contracts they sign with their suppliers? yes.

Will governments make laws to protect end-users from such ridiculous terms of service that have been used to take advantage of customers since the dawn of time? no.

In the gaming industry, strictly speaking, you pay for something hoping that the developer/publisher will be so kind hearted to let you play and take care of you as a valuable customer.

I'm disgusted by the situation as well, but I am also aware that this is "normal".

That's nice however state laws trump that since these are things advertised to be at launch that aren't there.
    §32A-1-2. False advertising prohibited; penalty.
    Any person or corporation who, with intent to sell or in anywise dispose of merchandise, securities, service or anything offered by such person or corporation, directly or indirectly, to the public for sale or distribution, or with intent to increase the consumption thereof, or to induce the public in any manner to enter into any obligation relating thereto, or to acquire title thereto, or any interest therein, makes, publishes, disseminates, circulates or places before the public, or causes, directly or indirectly, to be made, published, disseminated, circulated or placed before the public in this state, in a newspaper or other publication, or in the form of a book, notice, handbill, poster, blueprint, map, bill, tag, label, circular, pamphlet, or letter, or by way of radio or television, or in any other way, an advertisement of any sort regarding merchandise, securities, service, land, lot or anything so offered to the public, which advertisement contains any promise, assertion, representation or statement of fact which is untrue, deceptive or misleading, with knowledge that the same was untrue, deceptive or misleading, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, or imprisoned in the county jail not more than six months, or both fined and imprisoned.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Why am I in a BG right now if they aren't working?

I'm confused.

Also, the Trading post has been up several times for everyone to use, they are working out the bugs, sucks but hey its not like its stopping you from playing.

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

u know, it's kinda irritating now just to check this forum..

we got very clear 2 extreme end

- bounch of ppl praising gw like chicks. "omg, u know, that's so fantastic, i had so much fun, omg, me too, that's so favulous, ye right! omg, that was so much fun."

another end we got bunch of red necks trying to complain everything single thing - "bro, wtf man, this isnt what i wanted, this doesnt work, that doesnt work, blah blah blah"

guys, grow up

Originally posted by Weretigar

Sorry OP but nobody cares because:  Wall of Terms of Service justifies the lack of content text.

Wall of State law justifies my anger toward content being missing / incomplete.

I didn't know how many lawyers we had in here!  Impressive!

Yet plenty of games launch feature incomplete, and the worst that happens is a charge back, lets use some common sense, some history, and some chill pills folks.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

- spvp is not working

Yeah it is.  Hot join is working.  I just had someone whine in guild chat about it before logging off for the day.  Dying sucks when you're on a team of clowns.

Tournaments are not 'always' on.   They run, but not 24/7.   They come in two flavors -- small tournaments and large.   Not that you apparently knew that.

Yes it is.    The Gem store is working.  The Trading Post is working on a limited, rotating scale until they are sure the bugs are 100% worked out.

We are currently testing the Trading Post by making it available to a portion of players randomly. We will rotate which people have access periodically as the test continues. Thank you for your help and patience.

Wrong. 

- Security problems

Not ANet's fault.    You do stupid things, bad things happen to you.    Maybe next time people will think before buying gold is such a good short-cut .  Maybe they'll think about the fact that virtually all hacked Blizzard accounts can be traced back to the gold sellers who key-log up  their customers and then loot the people who bought the gold.  

It's a delicious irony.   Dirt-bags who help you cheat...   They cheat you too...    It's like being surprised that gravity works then blaming the ground after you jump off a building...

- Exploiting problems

Ban hammer.   Which, so many whined about.  And unlike other MMOs who've had exploits, this was fixed with hours of the mistake and the small handful that cheated were punished.

Maybe the Overly-Dramatic Counter.

Besides the stuff you flat-out got wrong.   You missed some legit stuff.   SOME quests are bugged.    That (theoretically) effects everyone.   Not just the very small minority of people dumb enough to recycle emails and passwords or stupid enough to think that the game doesn't keep an audit trail on your activity when you're exploiting...

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Sorry OP but nobody cares because:  Wall of Terms of Service justifies the lack of content text.

Yet plenty of games launch feature incomplete, and the worst that happens is a charge back, lets use some common sense, some history, and some chill pills folks.

I'm am not, and will never be evn close to being a lawyer. The only reason I'm browsing the foums now is because my eyes hurt from playing gw2 so long. However I'm not going to pretend that there aren't a list of issues people have the right to be angry over. 

Also I hate when people bring up ToS. You know it used to be you had to sign your name to something for it to be worth anything, and lots of people used different contracts and made companies write up different contracts to each individual person. Now that they don't thou, because companies just see somone as another # in a long line I'm glad we do have laws that protect us from our stupidity.

So if I see something that I agree/disagree with I usually have a reason for it. Seriously thou the game does have some problems. Also like I said thou things are starting today like the tournaments and stuff and the only reason I know about it now is because of another gamming forums member. No sources to tell you anything. Took me forever just to find out they were using reddit to tell people whats going on. It wasn't in facebook and I don't use twitter.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Black Lion Trading and char creation / deletion are now working again.
  • petespripetespri Member Posts: 15

- spvp is not working

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

13 posts as your alt from a known GW2 hater?  Clearly.

Only one of your points is valid, the Trading Company.

Grow up.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

I'm am not, and will never be evn close to being a lawyer. The only reason I'm browsing the foums now is because my eyes hurt from playing gw2 so long. However I'm not going to pretend that there aren't a list of issues people have the right to be angry over. 

Also I hate when people bring up ToS. You know it used to be you had to sign your name to something for it to be worth anything, and lots of people used different contracts and made companies write up different contracts to each individual person. Now that they don't thou, because companies just see somone as another # in a long line I'm glad we do have laws that protect us from our stupidity.

So if I see something that I agree/disagree with I usually have a reason for it. Seriously though the game does have some problems. Also like I said though things are starting today like the tournaments and stuff and the only reason I know about it now is because of another gamming forums member. No sources to tell you anything. Took me forever just to find out they were using reddit to tell people whats going on. It wasn't in facebook and I don't use twitter.

See the thing is if you use google, it was exceedingly easy to find out where they were posting and what they were posting.  

Twitter is used by EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, if you aren't using it, you should be, aruging against it is as futile as aruging against the telephone or email.  Its too late, Twitter has won.

Now lets get down to it, "THE RIGHT" to get mad.  I mean don't we all have the right to get angry over anything at any time?   Life is an individual experience, objective in nature.  Now of course you should temper this thought with the concept that is it WORTH being angry over?  

No, its not, it gets you nothing, and to be honest the state of the game is very par for the course for the launch of online games, so the anger is unjustified.  

You still have the right to be angry at any time, its just not benefiting you in any way.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

I love how if a newly released MMO or game has problems everyone is allowed to just on the hate bandwagon.

But if GW2 isn't doing too great it gets overly defended, by people who only months before were hating on Diablo 3 and Swtor for their launch issues.

Hypocrites much?

The GW2 community on this website sucks, the one in game is much better, please don't let the MMORPG.com GW2 community put you off buying the game! We're nice in game, I swear! 

Originally posted by Valua

I love how if a newly released MMO or game has problems everyone is allowed to just on the hate bandwagon.

But if GW2 isn't doing too great it gets overly defended, by people who only months before were hating on Diablo 3 and Swtor for their launch issues.

Hypocrites much?

The GW2 community on this website sucks, the one in game is much better, please don't let the MMORPG.com GW2 community put you off buying the game! We're nice in game, I swear! 

Hey I actually staunchly defended all those games!

I'm a sucker and I have low standards for enjoyment... I even enjoyed that movie with johnny depp being a vampire...

Originally posted by Valua

Hypocrites much?

My persona ingame is very nice, however my persona on the forums is an angry kitty that likes to scratch. That being said I usually take out my frustration on the game here in the forums, that way I don't do it in game. Sorry I like saying my vanilla cake could taste better with sprinkles right before I go eat it. 

However I was mean about this games problems, rifts problems, swtor problems, teras problems(and warned every single time I brought it up), and ff14s problems. I stoped playing Point and click games in the early 00s so I never picked D3 up.

I also played swtor untill I finished my mains storyline, but then I was done with the game anyway because im not a raid type person, and that was never in any of my complaints. I do like the taste of a War type pvp in a fantasy setting thou and if you do it wrong im angry about it.

• EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Y
  • PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

OP has a couple good points.  I'm having fun so far but there's some problems.

Big 3 for me.

* Trading company... It's pretty rare that its accessible.  Beta fail.... they've had a good idea of how many people were going to be playing so I don't accept the excuse of "we weren't prepared".. that's why you stress test in beta so you know your limits per server.

*WvWvW... Level 35 and have yet to get in (Jade quarry).  It's one of the biggest selling points for me for GW2 so very disappointing.  Once again, beta fail.

*Forums... It's not that they can't have them up it's because they don't want to.  They would rather hide then be out there communicating with the players.  Reddit? really?  Very disappointing and nothing but fail.  Seems like I remember them talking about how they want to be in communication with the players.... big fail.

That being said.... fun game that does have a lot going for it and I don't see it dying like so many others do nowdays.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    The game has it's issues and people should acknowledge that. I had a ton of fun until I ended up running into a bug. The overflow server partying for dungeons is just really frustrating. I couldn't get into the dungeon cause we were all on either main server or different overflows. At first we all teleported to the same overflow and once someone went in, we got the pop up but couldn't get in. We re tried it and everyone ended up solo. Then lost the option to join people on their overflows. Haven't the slightest clue as to what's going on. It's like when they release a fix for something, they break something else. But I'll give em a break cause I've had a blast leveling up all the way to 40 so far. Also keep in mind they probably had no way anticipated so many people playing. Thus the reason they pulled down the option to buy from their site. 
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by jpnole

- spvp is not working

Yes it is.

They just launched.

Give it a few days.

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

Anytime an exploit is found it is taken advantage of. Advantage here is that Arena Net drops the ban hammer which is a welcome change in the mmo business.

image  With everything in Red.

• EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62

- spvp is not working

Yes it is.

They just launched.

Give it a few days.

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

They are doing a good job!   The OP is right.  Not only is what he said true, there is even more.  How about personal story quests not working, making it so you can't advance your story.  Event bugs out  the wazoo.  After yu pass the first to second zone.  The game is full ot them.  A-net isn't doing a wonderful job.  They make it so you can't say anything on the account forums.  Scared to hear the rage is what they are.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by Espion

- spvp is not working

Yes it is.

They just launched.

Give it a few days.

- Security problems

- Exploiting problems

They are doing a good job!   The OP is right.  Not only is what he said true, there is even more.  How about personal story quests not working, making it so you can't advance your story.  Event bugs out  the wazoo.  After yu pass the first to second zone.  The game is full ot them.  A-net isn't doing a wonderful job.  They make it so you can't say anything on the account forums.  Scared to hear the rage is what they are.

Marking aswers like : "They just launched." or "Give it a few days." in red doesn't do any impact on me or  change the facts.
     If you want you can give them one year I am still frustrated.

.. oh and because I like facts (many dont like them I dont know why):

Check the twitter today:

" We are looking into the character creation issue. Thanks for reporting it! ^MK"

If you could create a char it doesn't mean all can.  If I cant it means that for me it is not working. Please, inform yourself and then post.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352
    The game is incredibly buggy. I can't even turn reliably using my mouse. You would have thought that movement would have been sorted out in beta. I think I will stop playing until they can improve the client a little because at the moment it is no fun.
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

It's true this is one of the buggier launches...

I'd say it's a noticably lower quality launch than SWTOR or TSW, let alone a smooth one like Rift. I'd even say it's on par with the NA launch of WOW, given that there are whole systems that are not working (or rather, under permanent "maintenance").

Some of the stuff happening (or rather, not happening) would send players screaming in other games... With this one, they're not - not to the extent the state of the game calls for, so I guess people really like the game. I know I'm not making a big deal out of the bugs and service problems right now, as long as I can do map completion, there's something to do. :)