Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MMORPG to end all MMORPGs.

124»

Comments

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Cant wait to bump this thread in 2 weeks when hordes of people leave due to a lack of endgame.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by varrius

you have the greatest MMORPG ever made.

I stopped reading right there.  

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Do we actually want any MMORPG to end all MMORPGs?

Like The War to end all Wars? (Nukes)

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Do we actually want any MMORPG to end all MMORPGs?

As much I love GW2, I kinda don't want a WoWpocalypse 2.0. The market is already oversaturated with 3 million WoW esque games, we don't need to add 3 milion GW2 esque games to the mix as well.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Um okay, if you sit back and think about it Id say now that Ive played longer than a beta weekend, there are just about as many things to like as there are to dislike about GW2, that makes ita about an average game in my book.

The greatest MMO ever made based on its point in time?  No way, not by a long shot.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    OP is trolling.   Quoted from yesterday -   "Will Guild Wars 2 pass the Trial by Fire?   I am beginning to see how this game isn't as revolutionary as everyone thinks.    Everyone is excited about having a new game, something different.   But as I look at these features, I feel as though they will not pass the test, they are merely 'new' things in a game but are not the proper revolutionary changes we need, to keep interest. Sure, people will continue to play it - likely until Mists of Pandaria comes out, but..   I think we will soon see what I like to call "Launch-Fever" wear off.   As this reality becomes more apparent and the medication that is boredom wears on your "launch-fever" we will all see that Guild Wars 2 is really falling very, very short of our expectation."   You've changed your tune OP.

Changing my mind is trolling?   If I change my opinion at all, its a troll?   Thats a bit absurd.

In politics they call this "flip-flopping" and the press crucifies them for doing it.

Expect no better treatment here.

Besides, I'm starting to think I fell for it it again.

LOL @ you thinking forum-posting about MMORPGs is related to politics.

LOL @ you for failing to see how similar the tactics employed are in both venues.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

OP is trolling.  

Quoted from yesterday -

"Will Guild Wars 2 pass the Trial by Fire?

I am beginning to see how this game isn't as revolutionary as everyone thinks.    Everyone is excited about having a new game, something different.   But as I look at these features, I feel as though they will not pass the test, they are merely 'new' things in a game but are not the proper revolutionary changes we need, to keep interest.

Sure, people will continue to play it - likely until Mists of Pandaria comes out, but..   I think we will soon see what I like to call "Launch-Fever" wear off.  

As this reality becomes more apparent and the medication that is boredom wears on your "launch-fever" we will all see that Guild Wars 2 is really falling very, very short of our expectation."

You've changed your tune OP.

Changing my mind is trolling?   If I change my opinion at all, its a troll?   Thats a bit absurd.

In politics they call this "flip-flopping" and the press crucifies them for doing it.

Expect no better treatment here.

Besides, I'm starting to think I fell for it it again.

LOL @ you thinking forum-posting about MMORPGs is related to politics.

LOL @ you for failing to see how similar the tactics employed are in both venues.

These forums are no different than a political forum.  Same tactics, same motives.

I feel narcisim plays a huge role in the motive.  As well as the need to feel like your part of the "in crowd" which both play a huge role in politics these days as well as these specific forums.

Like im a huge gw2 troll because i dont buy the hype, expect it to not last, and am planning to buy then game if when the dust settles its something that remains interesting...which shoudl realistically be a normal way to approach a game with this much unnatural emotion attached to it.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106
    what
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I really wish I could get as excited over a themepark as the OP. I played the beta and I guess if you are into themeparks then GW2 is a good game. If not then it is generally more of the same.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

All I can do is laugh at this thread.... Its great that so many of you enjoy the game, but the MMORPG to end all MMORPG's yea no. GW2 might be a great themepark and it might have moved that subgenre forward, but I think you will see another game actually revolutionize MMORPG's. 

That game being ArcheAge. The feature list in GW2 is impressive but it has nothing on this game. And yes I have played them both extensively. So glad your having fun, but seeing threads posted like this is just really annoying.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo