Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp back to WoW....

Comments

• PitrocelliPitrocelli Member CommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Pitrocelli

I have seen this coming. 

I spend some time collecting information about this game to avoid being scammed like with Diablo 3.

This game feels to me like giant "hamster in wheel" simulator. You do your think but it takes you nowhere. RPG element of improving your class is non-existant after level 80. You are just tuning it, trade this for that .. just like in league of legends rune system.

Difference is, in LOL u have tens of classes available after you hit max level with various playstyles. 

After one or .. several months for most casual gamers i am afraid WvWvW will be overflown with several hour long queves and there will be nothink else to do except to farm for prettier clothes. That's why i did not buy GW 2. I am looking for game for years to come. Still i am lurking forums hoping somebody or game itself in time will proove me wrong. Players had fun even in Diablo 3 until they hit inferno. 

Anyways i wish u all fun ingame while it lasts, still i am afraid after 80 this forum will turn more negative. 

Why are you interested in MMORPGs at all then?

GW2 has never been advertised as a skinner-box model (which is EXACTLY what a hamster in a wheel simulator actually is). The point is to experience the game how you want to. To choose to experience it like a linear grind, and then bash the game for your own personal decision, is pretty laughable, don't you think?

I hate to say it, but the problem for you isn't with the games. It's with you. You've adopted a mentallity that makes it impossible for any game to live up to. You're expectations and perspective are completely disjointed from reality. The simple truth is that, even if technology was to get to the point where it could offer what you are asking for; by the time it did, you would want something even more ridiculous, and still claim that nothing has changed.

Doesn't matter that you don't like GW2, but sooner or later you've got to realize that essentially ALL video games are repetative tasks in some form or another. You either have fun with it, or you don't.

This post is bad on so many levels i dont know where to start. You totally misunderstood what am I saying. Based on this you tried to predict my personality and expectations from MMORPGs and responded to this fictional modeled user instead of my actual input.  

For me GW 2 is MMORPG up to level 80, mostly team PvP game without RPG progression after 80. I cant sum it up more simply than that. Content, whatever wast and polished may be, is themepark based. We cant expect it to have story quality of novel or to be thrilling like movie. Players dont have tools to create content or to really change game world, they are engaged in dynamic events with limited inpact on near ingame future. This disadvanteges are usually counterfit by some progression or reward system. I am afraid that rewards after 80 will be not enough for majority of player to enjoy game even remotely like they enjoy it now. At the same time WvWvW as is designed now will not be able to absorb all players who finished leveling. 

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125
    what are you people talking about? rushing to max? what else are you meant to do? go to the main city and play dont touch the cracks? everything in the game rewards XP, did it ever cross your mind that he was playing for ages doing everything you've stated he should do and thats what allowed him to hit max level?, then you turn around and go "oh the end game starts at lv 1" then whats the point of the levels? "oh its cosmetic gear that everyone wants!" really? really? nice work Anet, telling me exactly what i wanted, you sound like jay wilson.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by noseforauto

Originally posted by Grunch

PvE also has various results. Battles go down differently every time. PvP and PvE just have different dynamics. PvE is about perfecting a strategy, and PvP is more about twitch and on-the-fly decisions. It's different strokes for different folks. Not to mention that the game IS called Guild Wars, yet guilds seem to be a pretty small aspect of it, and I suspect that being able to to join multiple guilds will bite them in the ass. Guild loyalty will be a complete thing of the past. GW2 is probably the most anti-social game I've ever seen.
    Oh so you did get rocked in pvp.

Just because you prefer an inferior game is no cause to get angry. I'm sure you can be perfectly happy in your little world of denial, so buck up little buddy.

lol..

I see you have no clue why's the game called Guild Wars and WHICH guilds were actually in war... It has NOTHING to do with PEOPLE MADE GUILD... Guild Wars 1 was all about helping guilds and choosing your sides trough out the lore, that's why it's called guild wars. Because NPC guilds are fighting against eachother :D 

BTW. did you do any of the dungeons on explorable mode? They're quite challanging and fun to do... Tho, it's questionable if you'll finish it :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Originally posted by noseforauto

Well, at least I was smart enough to get out while I could still get a refund. I just feel sorry for the people that are going to realize it too late. Blizzard isn't stupid, and they are going to adapt as the genre changes. That's why they've managed to stay on top, and will continue to. They already smashed GW1, and they're going to do the same to GW2. It's funny how WoW is going to outlast both of them, despite there being a 7-year gap in their releases. LOL

[Blizzard isn't stupid, and they are going to adapt as the genre changes]  HAHAHAHA! oops did I say that well the graphics suck micky mouse looks better WoW is almost line Mincraft :) Graphics. Just think Intellect. Why Will I still be playing WoW with this technology nowdays we have 6 processor instead of one of boy I feel sorry for you hardcore player but you have to let it go I hope Blizzard Makes a New MMO WoW is Old!.

• ShainnaShainna Member UncommonPosts: 58

Good, go back to wow, to the boredness of reapeating dungeons like a robot for the shinies. That is one thing i will never miss and thank god GW2 desn't follow that idiotic idea that endgame is where the game starts. GW2 is about the experience in the travel to lvl 80, you rushed it and missed it completely.

I have 3 characters in the 20-30's and i'm not one bit bored. I enjoy the travels, i enjoy revisiting areas to see what events have i missed before and always find a few, i'm in no rush to hit 80, but i know if i do i'll just keep exploring.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    At least go play Rift, an MMo that hasn't sold out completely if you like WoW style? I just see 0 appeal in Wow anymore, even though GW2 isn't completely my thing, its far better to me then what WoW has to offer anymore.
  • Originally posted by Shainna

Good, go back to wow, to the boredness of reapeating dungeons like a robot for the shinies. That is one thing i will never miss and thank god GW2 desn't follow that idiotic idea that endgame is where the game starts. GW2 is about the experience in the travel to lvl 80, you rushed it and missed it completely.

I have 3 characters in the 20-30's and i'm not one bit bored. I enjoy the travels, i enjoy revisiting areas to see what events have i missed before and always find a few, i'm in no rush to hit 80, but i know if i do i'll just keep exploring.

Hi Five bro you know what up I am about 3 levels to getting my Tier 1 Armor wohoo :) and yes PvE on this game is about exploring and taking your time not rushing it if you want to rush this game well you should be playing PvP it will start you at level 80 and everything unlock put not everything PvE skins and PvP skins are different and have Different Stats a Level 80 PvE could or not have better stats then a PvP 80 charector this was implemented on Guild Wars 1 Game and also will be on Guild Wars 2 and this game is not about armor like in guild wars 1 is about how good you can make a build for skills and use them on the battlefield is not like WoW where if you have better armor or weapon etc you a better player for me that cheap. thats why I always Like Guild Wars Games it shows how good you are as a true player. you could also be famouse and unique and be different from others isnt that freaking awsome eh?

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

When I see a  post like this I always smell troll and check out what other post this guys made . He seems to have spent a lot of his time complaining about GW2 controls something he totally ignores in this thread . So were the controls suddenly ok . also I ll cut and paste another comment he made .

"Hi, I'm trying to find a game to play that doesn't depend on quests. I'm not necessarily looking for a sandbox; I'm not a super-hardcore gamer. I just don't like quests. I don't really care for lobby games, and I would prefer F2P. Also, something relatively modern and looks kinda nice. Any suggestions?"

So essentially hes a guy that doesn't like questing and doesn't want much challenge from an mmo so WoWs the perfect place for him . He can endlessly grind easy dungeons while leveling or do what I do in WoW only play battle grounds . It seam though his quest for a free to play game seems fruitless and so does his quest for a modern looking mmo . WoW is neither .

To the OP may I suggest if you not a superhard core game but also not an easy mode gamer you might find what your looking for more in Rift . You can level easily without questing. the size of the game world is also about to get 3 x bigger .

Also can I point out WoW itself is for all intents and purposes a lobby game . The world outside the citys is there and huge but its a bit like the australian outback its there but nearly no one uses it .

In conclusion I dont think your a troll I just think your confused and unhappy with mmos in general . You ll be back in WoW a month maybe two and you ll find WoW offers nothing more than GW2 as endgame the give up . Let me tell you this new patch is nothing to write home about and lots of people are complaining about it . Its also streamlined the game to the NTH degree and made something that was already easy even easier .

Give mmos up and play single player games for a while would be the best advice I could give to you as I dont think any even WoW will make you happy .

* I am playing WoW at the moment because I'm working away from home and my laptop wont handle GW2 . I've not played much of it myself yet but in WoW at the moment lots of people are starting to talk about it and feedbacks possative so word of mouth is starting to spread . Nearly all of my old WoW guildies (been in the same  guild since 2006 on there)are playing it which is a pain because I dont see them as much as I would have .

• naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82

Alright 

Credentials - I've been playing MMO's since UO and EQ, and MUDs before that. Played almost EVERY MMO to date (other than the past 4 years that are worth a flip among the MMO community - including being a beta tester for most of these.

Only reason I said that was to at least show I'm not an idiot and I have an opinion which should at least be respected if not accepted.

Guild Wars 2. It SEEMED fantastic. I logged on, on the early acess, the moment it came up. I was immersed. BUT - I have felt this way COUNTLESS times with MANY MMOs. It was still great. I pressed B and went straight to WvWvW. I had buddies with me on mumble and we were amazed at the beauty. The events were a great add-on. They were fun. I couldn't stop leveling, so I hit 20 before I even fell asleep. I crafted up to level 40ish, my buddies hit 120 cooking or so. We went into SPvP and spent some time there - 

this is where everything went downhill. We spent a LOT of time in SPvP. Something felt off. Dull. After playing the same 3 maps over and over and realizing how pointless the downed states are, and over-powered some classes have it to avoid death in comparison to lets say an elementalist (speaking of mesmer and thief) - it got us thinking of other flaws the game has.

SPvP is nothing but a grind. But this time it's to "look cool". Superficial. It's like grinding your job just to buy clothes. And solely clothes. To look better than the other person. That kinda irked me. Although once i got the 3rd tier of gear from free tournaments - i did feel like a badass. But, I realized how superficial it is. I'm waltzing around Heart of the Mists thinking I'm a badass compared to every other necro because of how my gear looks, not even how i am in terms of skill. 

Then we went back to PvE. It became a bore. The game is BEAUTIFUL. It's such a great thing to look at. But - I look past aesthetics after the first couple of glances. I realized It's a boring grind. Dynamic events require NO COMMUNICATION, NO COORDINATION, and NO SKILL. It's a zerg fest. And then everyone spreads right back out to their solo content. That's fine. But then i realized the whole zone is just one big quest giver. You don't just go grind mobs because you want to. Every mob you grind is essentially part of a heart completetion. The gathering is a mimic of WoW. It's not even fun. Find a node, press a button, loot. And you xp from it like no other if you craft too. Crafting is a joke also. Nothing innovative, and nothing fun abuot it. Other than the massive XP you gain for.. doing nothing.

So then i was like okay - i'm going to go explore. So i explored 3 different 15-25 zones and 3 different starter zones. And i quickly realized - it wasn't true exploration. EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE and their mothers are doing the same thing. What's so unique? Isn't exploring about finding lost treasures and hidden caves that NO ONE has explored yet? The zone babies you to find everything. There is no room for exploration - just a false sense of it.

Halfway through all of this i also realized - why am i leveling up? What am i looking forward to? Because i'm already bored of looking at the "prettiness" of the game,  and the combat is still easy cheesy click and tab and 1234 / keybindings. The dodge effect has no use in PvE it's so easy. Events are boring - because i'm so pissed off that the only sort of communication i hear is, "thanks" when revived when downed.  Gathering is the same, just something to pass the time on the way to the next heart, or when "exlporing".

Where is the end-game i asked myself? Because at this rate - working 10 hour shifts with a girlfriend, i'm still bound to hit 80 in a month or less. What am i looking to? 

Here is something i've seen NO ONE bring up. 

They may add content. But what kind of raids are these going to be? ZERG fest? I know everyone is on this new hipster fad of no holy trinity. But seriously. Imagine a raid with this class set up GW2 has set. Zerg? Just attack a mob nonstop? Coordinated dodges? Lol. It's not going to be very fun. Communication is a key factor with the holy trinity. Coordination. It brings roles. It brings the NEED to talk to each other. Without it - everyone is just going to zerg and fend for himself. 

So no raids. Hm... where is the end-game? From a sandbox point of view, which is what i truly love - 

There is no player housing. There is a huge "underwater combat" deal, but no ships or ship combat. And not much of exploring of the oceans or anything outside a few polluted lakes.

There is nothing to build. Nothing to guard. No politics like tera at least had. Nothing but "exploring this BEAUTIFUL GAME OMGZZ"... that's not going to last. Aesthetics don't please  those of us that realize beauty is skin deep. 

Okay cool. So no end-game. It starts at 1 supposably. No big deal.

So 80 is hit within weeks even though the end starts at 1? the whole point of starting at 1 would be to keep the user from hitting the "max' for at least a year, hell 6 months would be nice.

Okay okay. So i can PvP. 

Oh wait - I'm already Rank 10, bored of all 3 maps, already made a cookie cutter build which allows me to NEVER sway away from it - or else i realize how severely gimped i am in comparsion to my perfect build i've made. 

So that leaves tournaments. That's the ONE good thing i've found in this game. 

Which is cool. I realize it's guild wars. It's about the PvP mainly. But they have acted as if they have brought a whole new evolution to the table and everyone and their mothers is falling into the trap and these fan bois are killing me.

The only thing we will have in the months to come are the tournaments. And how long will these 3 maps last me. I don't know. I find a lot of  fun in the 5v5 matches because skill is involved. the 8v8 is a zerg fest and these maps are NOT meant for it. It's chaos. So i'll give this game that.

WvWvW is okay. You don't build your own castles. You don't build any fortifications at all. You don't do anything but zerg a castle, have a FEW blueprints to help you out, and follow a cattle to bring supplies to another building. After i got over what i thought was a HUGE zone with countless opportunities - i realized it's actually not that big of a place for 3 realms and it's going to get old quick.

After all that let me say this - I'm enjoying it. Or i think i am. Or i think i may be telling myself i am. I'm not sure.

I enjoy almost every MMO i play for the first couple of weeks. Because for the most part they all bring something new to the table that i get my money out of.

I'm just getting irritated with people getting irritated at the people showing this game isn't perfect, or the evolution of MMOs, or just showing the flaws. It's no big deal. A LOT of people are on the fence about new MMOs and don't want to buy them until motnhs later. It's good to show the bad. My buddy i started EQ with is the same way. he waits months before he gets them for my review. And .. obviously he has saved hundreds compared to me - because i still haven't found a home.

This game is iffy. I believe it's another illusion. It's well made for the most part other  than all the damn problems from the first week - 

1. Auction House being down since release

2. Tournaments being down for almost 24 hours

3. WvWvW being down - and / or queued . It's 2012 - serves can handle more than 300 people in one zone at a time.

4. Hackers are already infiltrating.

5. Almost 15-20% of the people from a twitter post i saw on GW2 are locked out of their accounts still.

6. They have stopped selling the game

7. Rubber banding issues and lag issues

8. Not being able to zone / disconnecting while zoning.

etc.

Other than that - all the features they have talked about are pretty cool at the .. face value. 

I just believe beneath the beauty it's a dull, empty shell - as someone above me has stated with those exact words.

I'm not a troll. I'm not a hater. I'm not a naysayer. 

I'm looking for a home. I'm a veteran MMO player - and a veteran video gamer. I'm a avid fantasy goer when it comes to books, movies, and games. And i just want a community again and a home. I'm just saying from personal experience and opinions - this is no-where near it and another MMO has fooled me.

Guess i'm still banking on archage. Or EQNEXT. or FFXIVs new launch. 

ahh.. back to the waiting game.

and i hate when people say "you people wwill never get the feeling you are looking for. it's from your first experience. BOLD FACED LIE. I got the feeling from multiple games, they have just changed or have outlived their lives. and they did a damn good job while they were living

thanks. sorry for being so long. hopefully this clears up a LOT for people on the fence. haven't bought it. are protective guardians of GW2/1, etc. I

PS PS PS

I forgot to mention

There is no guild loyalty anymore. You can join as MANY as you want. Which is a way seems, "cool". But how cool is that. A guild once represented everything you stood for in an MMO. Now it's able to bunny hop more than ever before. grr..irks me.

Waypoints everywhere too. If they truly wanted exploration you would laugh at waypoints. You would run for hours as you did any many other memorable MMOs. 

No death penalty. Nothing. 

eh i'll stop. I'm just seeing it for what it is now. i'll continue playing for the 5v5 tournies though - it's a way to bring my real life friends together and have a good time for a while. 

Oh - look at my post history. I never get in on this stuff. I am just tired of  the 2 million people flaming everyone with something negative about this game - because there are a TON of negative things to point out. Thanks, have a good day, troll/thread on.

had no idea how long i just wrote. lot of pent of feelings. lol.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

I've been playing MMO's for a ridiculously long time and I'm only level 12 ha. I've been trying all of the characters out, exploring the different starting zones and participating in PVP and WvW. There is no need to rush.

I wasn't going to buy this game as I did not want to regret another MMO purchase but I'm glad I did. PLUS I do not have to spend money monthly on the game and as for gems, I can buy some if I want but there is not a monthly commitment forcing me to do so.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    if this game is so good how come they halted sales of it  on arenanet website due to  bugs and other issues?

I think you may have misunderstood why they stopped digital sales. 

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Smoey

I've been playing MMO's for a ridiculously long time and I'm only level 12 ha. I've been trying all of the characters out, exploring the different starting zones and participating in PVP and WvW. There is no need to rush.

I wasn't going to buy this game as I did not want to regret another MMO purchase but I'm glad I did. PLUS I do not have to spend money monthly on the game and as for gems, I can buy some if I want but there is not a monthly commitment forcing me to do so.

I'm taking my time too, and even then I've been playing since the first day of pre-launch as much as I could.  I don't even understand how there are 80's yet.  I'm only level 34 and I've gotten 100% in at least 4 zones, dominated in WvW, crafted quite a bit and even did some SPvP (which I'm not very good at).  At this point in WoW, I'd easily be running BC dungeons, maybe even be in Borean Tundra with heirlooms.  It's almost like people are trying to force others to hurry because that's their style but I'm not rushing anything.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

Just another wow fanboy pretending he got gw2

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Ignorant people think when they get to lv 80, they are done. There's is no way to experience all the content in one week. As in Gw1, your level in gw2 is not as important as the content itself.
  • 7star7star Member Posts: 405

@OP

I think your decision will work out better for everyone. Cheers and have fun.

• igsmitherigsmither Member UncommonPosts: 8

Well, at least I was smart enough to get out while I could still get a refund. I just feel sorry for the people that are going to realize it too late. Blizzard isn't stupid, and they are going to adapt as the genre changes. That's why they've managed to stay on top, and will continue to. They already smashed GW1, and they're going to do the same to GW2. It's funny how WoW is going to outlast both of them, despite there being a 7-year gap in their releases. LOL

typical cheap ass gamer, preorder , try to rush through game, then cancel preorder in hopes for refund  LOL gtfoimage

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I'm coming to this site to get my one "login" for the day in hopes of winning some contest I know I'll never win.  I read some of the posts made in the last 5 or 10 minutes or whatever it is, and I came across this one.

OP, sorry you rushed through a game and find no end game available if indeed you truly did purchase the game.  Now put down the case of red bull.  That stuff'll kill ya.

It's a good thing you posted though.  I'm sure each and every one of the people who posted in this thread will be thinking in depth about it all day.  How discocerting.

What were we talking about again?  Oh, yeah.  Hope I win that contest.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

This is why I did not buy the game - the endgame is the WvWvW which resets every 2 weeks is it?  No consequences at all like a persistent world where the territory is always up for grabs.  I mean the worst thing is your server gets stomped for 2 weeks then you get another go at it.

The game is very polished from the BWE's I saw but the WvWvW will get boring fast for a lot of folks as it is the same thing over and over and over.  So rush or not he has a valid point when it comes to end game.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

The game is very polished from the BWE's I saw but the WvWvW will get boring fast for a lot of folks as it is the same thing over and over and over.  So rush or not he has a valid point when it comes to end game.

I really don't get those "same thing over and over again" comments. Why are you even replying if you don't know what are you talking about? Over and over and over again you do everyday, eat, drink , etc.

Hence, back to GW2 , the WwW is just great! Every time I WwW , I find different fights , strategies, enemies , players and such! "Over and over and over again" actually is a totally new adventure in WwW! Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win , sometimes you do small PvP like 5 vs 3 , 10 vs 7 , 3vs1  ( yesterday I was with 2 friends and ONE enemy killed as all :) )  and so on!

Tell me that this is "wrong" , and if you do say this, please reffer to what exactlly are you looking for, and what game has meet your .. expectations!

Also, keep in mind that we are at the begining, you do realise this right? GW2 will get better and better, no matter what "i didn't bought GW2 , but I am telling you that X thing in game is not good" type of people.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

the funny thing i keep seeing all over GW2 Threads -

"it just came out give it time"

It's been 5 years in the making. It should have ALL content it needs to sustain for a year or two at this point. We shouldn't be looking to the future a week in. Or even thinking about making comments about how it just released give it time we will get more content. It's a beautiful shell with a dull, lifeless organism living inside. Each time i log on i keep finding myself logging off sooner and sooner than the last time. 

damnit i had such high hopes. considering i pre-ordered to play beta. i remember saying this during beta, and i should have analyzed my comment more, 

"eh, i played the beta weekend. but i logged off a lot. and didn't really care to play every hour like i have other betas where i can't get enough"..

oh well. awesome to you guys who love it so much. i really hope it's not a summer fling as some relationships are

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    There is no way people should be hitting level 80 in this game and if they are then its just bad game design. There is no wrong way to play a mmo people.
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I will be playing both........although I HATE that I have to learn my war on wow ALL OVER AGAIN. Ghost and his team need to stop tweaking my war. Ive played him so much and he has played like 5 or 6 completely different characters since launch. LOVE gw2 also. Why do people feel the need to pit games against each other. You dont see it in a more vicious form than mmos. Sure, other games and genres are critiqued against each other. But not to the degree and spitefulness as mmos.
  • SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    The same boat as the OP here as I finished my guardian, saw what the 5mans had to offer, lost interest in pvp that does not offer meaningful political conflict, and the main factor that seals the deal almost is that the DE's deliver less then compelling gameplay.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by nazrek89

the funny thing i keep seeing all over GW2 Threads -

"it just came out give it time"

It's been 5 years in the making. It should have ALL content it needs to sustain for a year or two at this point. We shouldn't be looking to the future a week in. Or even thinking about making comments about how it just released give it time we will get more content. It's a beautiful shell with a dull, lifeless organism living inside. Each time i log on i keep finding myself logging off sooner and sooner than the last time. 

damnit i had such high hopes. considering i pre-ordered to play beta. i remember saying this during beta, and i should have analyzed my comment more, 

"eh, i played the beta weekend. but i logged off a lot. and didn't really care to play every hour like i have other betas where i can't get enough"..

oh well. awesome to you guys who love it so much. i really hope it's not a summer fling as some relationships are

I really hope you didn't posted this as a "reply" to my post!

Anyway , GW2 has a lot of content AS is now and if you don't like what you see, then stop login in and move on! A game gets better ( yes, in some cases may not ) after it was released! Why? Because of the feedback, how players react to X content, X character, X map , X quest, etc ! Is simple, is about progression!

Now, about GW2 , it's already better then almost every other game on the market ( yes, this is my point of view ) so , it should keep going this way! I have faith in ANet that will keep getting better and better!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!