Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comic-Con

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Anyone been to one recently?  I've never gone and they're having one nearby next month.  I haven't actually collected comics since I was a kid but it still sounds like fun.  Am I gonna be the only adult not chaperoning kids?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Closest thing we have to it is a "Trek Expo" in Tulsa here in Oklahoma once a year. I don't go to these things because of the comics but to be able to meet or at least stand in the same room with celebrities. The one you're talking about already has Adam Ward, Sean Astin, Ian McDiarmid, and the awesome Christopher Lloyd booked with probably a few more to be added last minute. So far it's a sausage fest with no hot actresses but that might change. As far as being the only adult without children I wouldn't worry about that at all. You'd probably stand out more if you did have kids with you.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    That's good to know.  I'm not worried about the lack of attractive woman, I'm married so I caught my limit.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville