Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Heroes & Generals: Interview with Jacob Andersen

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

MMORPG:Give us an overall preview of Heroes & Generals. What would you say to a new player in the game?

Welcome! :-). If you like multiplayer shooter games with a strong emphasis on teamplay you are going to find Heroes & Generals interesting. The game lets you play the hero on the battlefield, fighting the enemy with a variety of weaponry and vehicles, ranging from guns and rifles to tanks and planes.

If you rise up through the ranks to become a general you can also command the soldiers from the strategic room. Every action counts in the great war against thousands of other players. And we are constantly improving the game in close collaboration with our community, so even if you don't like the game in its current state, we would appreciate if you let us know why.

Click here to read the rest of the interview.

:p 

Comments

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    fabulously promising game. i've been participating in the beta for some time and while there are still issues with balance and graphical polishes to work on, most everyone who gets into a good match has a grand time. many players who have ever enjoyed WWII Online will feel right at home. the game looks unbelievably good to run in a browser (small download necessary). the game relies on a healthy population, and that seems likely once it is opened up for everyone. also, the developers are very involved in the process, answering questions on the forums and in game chat as well.  if you like the genre, you should have a go :) 
  • GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

Yeah, I've tried it a little and it's a very cool game. Definately looking forward to see how it grows and where it goes. It is one of those "Just one more battles" game's...and you definately can find yourself loosing more hours to it then you expect.

Seems right on par for beta too. Just do yourself a favor and make sure you update both your browser and your OS. It makes a huge difference in the stability of your experience.

If you were a fan of WWII Online or BF1942, I think this one will be a big treat for you...I know it was for me ;)

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

game was ok when i played during the bradly build but havent touched it since as i got fed up with people shooting me from the tree tops and the server stablity probles. 

at "gold" launch if the bugs are ironed out it could very well be a good game. still got a long way to go though from my PoV of playing it.

mind you i cant play it anymore anyway, as i use chrome until they fix that i cant play. lolol

• PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Tried it for an hour or so and found it to be very annoying that many times I joined FPS matches with my team being "out of resources", forcing me to chat with fellow players in the queue and to stare at a map showing troop movements due to the lack of a Spectator mode.

Apart from that I like the game's concept and wil defintely re-try in a couple of weeks.

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Would definitely recommend giving it a try, in particular since the last Dietl build. It can be a bit frustrating at the beginning but ultimately it is good fun. It is lacking the big scale of WW2online but the Reto folks are on the right track.
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

In the Beta and enjoying the game bugs and all.  The concept is brilliant, game mechanics great and the fact that you will also be able to participate as a General at the strategic level through your table device on the go sold me on this game.

Looking forward to release and the wars to be fort.

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Looks interesting. I would love to see this concept applied to other types of games as well. Strategy/fantasy or sci fi games where you could send other players on missions or quests would be really cool.
  • Mike_LMike_L Member UncommonPosts: 72

This is a game I think will have a great future ahead of it. The game itself looks great and the mechanics seem new anf fresh. I'm sure they will strike gold with this one if they  continue to focus on the player experience.

Well done.

If it ain't dead you're not pressing 2 hard enough.