Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is this game worth playing yet?

123457»

Comments

• ArtarylArtaryl Member Posts: 66

Heh well thats hte problem with any of SOE game, you have Fan and you have Hater. Making your own opinion is, however, more important. You'll read many thing about SOE that hater love to tell and you'll read the good side with the Fan. Anyways, SWG being S-F based, you need to like that first. No point in playing otherwise. The system is friendly like for any new player, you'll learn fast about everything for the control that are needed. Sure there is more advanced controle like the macro and all but that too is easy to get with. There's lots of information about those on the forum. The community is awesome too. People are friendly and the rper are growing more and more. As for what you can do. Well, you can explore and just enjoy going from ruins to other stuff or visit bunker or palace (like jabba one). There is them park which get you to join a side or get some insider in important people business like Nim's and Jabba. With JTL, Space takes a nice spot too. Space fight and simulation is well made and is enjoyable a lot. YOu can even use a joystick (that make it more enjoyable). As for quest well, there is the random one from the terminal. The one given by random NPC and the one that are given by more important people like Lady Valarian or naboo Queen. There is as well Kashyk that is almost fully based on quest. You can be what you want and they have all more defined roles because of the cu. I've seen a lot of template and everyone of them have their good and their bad things about it. Some special ability that make them worth then other or simply the DPS (damage per second) being higher. There is the jedi system too. There is a lot of them but it ain't that bad. It still can be enjoyable to do pvp because there isn't always jedi fighting. Each server (galaxy as tehy call them) have their own population and very distinct possibility. Some are more rp based, others might have a higher jedi population. People seems always ready to help new one and you can always enjoy the cantina as a spectator or by being an entertainer (musician or dancer, the 2 are nice). And if combat is what you really want then just chose what you'd like to be able to do and go ahead. Depending of the server, you'll have easy way to get into group without problem and having high end stuff ain't that difficult either to get. And there is also the possiblity of playing many species. Anyway, teh best would be to take that month of free time and make yourself an opinion. Mostly you'll find some friend in there and a guild with guildmate ready to help you and make you enjoy your time there. And before you go and do all the quest and stuff in there, there will be more and more.

• GamerGalwoohGamerGalwooh Member Posts: 9

So is this game worth playing yet?

I'm gonna have to say no.  I'm a veteran player, played since the first week.  The game used to be fun, but then all the changes started.  I just ended by subscription recently.  It just got depressing to login anymore.  Here's what screwed it for me:

Players cities took away from real cities.  I dealed with it for a while.  It wasn't a terrible idea, but seeing Mos Eisley, and Anchorhead empty just didn't feel right.

The Combat Upgrade, obviously.  I think everyone already has heard enough about that image

The Jedi Grind. (They should just change the name to 'how to become a Jedi')

And many other things already listed here, like lack of content. 

Its not all bad.  SWG has an awesome characterization system.  Its nice not running into people who look exactly like you, like in Wow.