Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the story like in Guild Wars 2?

Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
I haven't read much into it deliberately, but is it good? Story is important to me in an MMORPG! It's why I got so bored quickly with Rift, the story was so bland and poorly presented.

Comments

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

I'd say lore and story in GW2 is much better than what Rift had to offer. When I played Rift it always felt like Trion outsourced it all to their developers' kids.

Still not sure if GW lore is quite as great as Warcraft lore but the story is good so far. (Though I've seen mostly the asura part so can't really say anything about other races.)

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

It's not as great as SW:TOR (or WoW / EQ2 storylines for that matter), but it's passible and enjoyable.

As long as I am having fun, it's ok by me.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    I enjoy playing personal story line.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by Tutu2
    I haven't read much into it deliberately, but is it good? Story is important to me in an MMORPG! It's why I got so bored quickly with Rift, the story was so bland and poorly presented.

Yap, Rift has no story. That was one of my biggest problems with this game. Every new patch or raid was just another big-bad-boss from another elemental plane trying to destroy the world. Wooohooo.

I dont really like the GW2 story too. There may be books and lore, but you don't feel it in the game. Voice-overs are mostly not well done and the "cut-scenes" are, well, just talking pictures in front of a random background paper. The dynamic events and hearts are fun, but pointless for the "story". GW2 is a good game, but dont play it for the deep story. There is none.

If you're looking for good story and deep characters, better try TSW (or SWTOR).

Hodor!

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

Passable, with awful, AWFUL voice-overs.

At least for a noble human.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by RexNebular

Passable, with awful, AWFUL voice-overs.

At least for a noble human.

Male is awful.

Female is actually pretty good.

Course the best is Sylvari Female aka Jennifer Hale aka Fem-Shepard

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.