Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Hack Attempt?

2»

Comments

• MisthawkMisthawk Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Hello all, 

I just got an email from Anet that said someone (Hopefully you!) it said, had requested a password change. So I didn't click on the link in the email, I deleted it and went to the guild wars 2 account page from my iPad (in case I have a key logger). I looked on the page and under the Security Tab, it actually shows the locations of the login. Sure enough, there was a login that I did not recognize. I changed my password and all seems well for now. I didn't check yet, but has Anet talked about Authenticators?

This is nuts that people are attempting to steal accounts before the game officially releases! Anyone else have any issues?

They're trying.  Had the same issue, so I checked the security link on the GW2 website, and got their IP.  Here is where it was tracked to:

IP Information - 222.136.15.169

Host name hn.kd.ny.adsl
    Country China China
    Country Code CN
    Region Beijing
    City Beijing
    Latitude 39.9289
    Longitude 116.3883

Approximate Geographic Location

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Noticed ArenaNet has removed the option to retrive username or change password now.

Guild Wars 2 Login Page

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

I got one today. i dont have bought the game tough, only beta. I just ignore it, since i could care less and i never been hack with AAA title mmo, i never use authenticators either. Just ignore those fishy email, dont use the same password, dont click on lien on these emails and stay away from gold seller site or so.

And having a good security for your pc is needed. I dont use crapy free anti virus i use eset smart security.