Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey! Where have all those P2W whiners gone?

darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178
i want to show them my seriously OP aviator sunglasses you can get from the blatantly p2w gem shop

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
Best MMO: SWG
Worst MMO: SWTOR

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Okay. Here goes.

Experience up and magic find boosts. Pay to win... at leveling and extra looting.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178

i have a bunch of those, didnt need to pay for them either.

they're easy to find, and arent as big an advantage as it is made out!

not spent a penny in game.

this is not pay to win in the slightest.

edit: didnt mean to use you as in you :P

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    I have a bunch of boosters in my bank right now, haven't spent a dime, haven't even bought gems with gold.
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch
    I have a bunch of boosters in my bank right now, haven't spent a dime, haven't even bought gems with gold.

same here, not had one gem.

only item in store i have got, is the free hat.

the only thing i'm tempted by is the transmutation stones, and i may convert gold to gems for that. but i can wait for now

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Okay. Here goes.

Experience up and magic find boosts. Pay to win... at leveling and extra looting.

uuuuh how clever. you posted in black, didnt see :) damn wanted to flame you

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by AzurePrower Okay. Here goes.   Experience up and magic find boosts. Pay to win... at leveling and extra looting.

It's usually my thing. :3

In all seriousness though. My only gripe about the cash shop at the moment is that it is working and the trading post isn't.

Originally posted by coretex666
    Is it only me or this thread really aims to start yet another flame war...

not quite, maybe

i was told i'd be back here at launch to eat humble pie once i found that the game was pay to win.

it was a tongue in cheek thread. 

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by AzurePrower Okay. Here goes.   Experience up and magic find boosts. Pay to win... at leveling and extra looting.

It's usually my thing. :3

In all seriousness though. My only gripe about the cash shop at the moment is that it is working and the trading post isn't.

i missed that!

grrr you fooled me.

yeah i feel the same about the trading post, not sure what the issue is just wish it gets sorted soon

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

I'll bite.

Sell gems for gold, use gold to upgrade fortifications in WvW :p

Not sure how viable that is though.

Originally posted by tyfon
    I'll bite. Sell gems for gold, use gold to upgrade fortifications in WvW :p Not sure how viable that is though.

Most of the stuff in WvW I find expensive. Especially for one time use. Problem at the moment is that hardly any one has any money and the trading post isn't working. So you're not going to get a high pay off for gems for the time being.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Okay. Here goes.

You clearly havent played the game. Those are also obtained quite easily through certain quests, rewards for things like map completions, and from some chests. Ive got several crafting, karma, magic find, and speed boosts sitting in my bank without having to buy any. Just saving them for later until i really settle on 1 or 2 characters i wantt o stick with. Theres also the ability to trade in game money for gems and buy those things. So you dont ever have to spend a single cent.

Cant get much less P2W than that, but nice try anyway.

I'll bite.

hmm depends how much fortifications cost in W v W v W?

not looked at them in depth.

but i have almost 2 gold already, and i've been spending away

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Okay. Here goes.

You frankly get enough status to keep those buffs up by just having your 100 members logging in each day without paying anything.

If you are talking about those chests (which somewhat annoys me since I have gotten 8 chests and no keys, and as a thief I feel that I should be able to pick the lock) they do give random PvE boosts and I guess if you buy enough of them you will get somne good boosts which would help you somewhat in a dungeon the argument still feels kinda weak. I do plan to sell mine to people who think it is pay2win though....

XP pots are rather silly since 90% of the XP is for completing stuff while they only help you when you kill something. If someone want to pay good money to level up 10% faster than me, go ahead but it feels like wasting your money.

So I guess you can pay a lot of money for a slight advantage, but it just aint enough to be whining about. That might change in the future since we have no clue where the game will be a few years from now but now the complains just feels silly.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Oh Hi! You talking to me? Pay to win game sheesh. Id complain about it but im to busy enjoying this awesome game called GW2 and not caring anymore because I realize the product I bought us WELL worth the 80$ i spent and ill probably even buy some gems just to open some black boxes because let's be honest. ArenaNet can take my moneys. Why Do i need moneys when I have heart quests to do now.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    I'm sure the guy who reached level 80 in something like 36 hours didn't buy any XP boosters at all. He won.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Loke666

Okay. Here goes.

You frankly get enough status to keep those buffs up by just having your 100 members logging in each day without paying anything.

If you are talking about those chests (which somewhat annoys me since I have gotten 8 chests and no keys, and as a thief I feel that I should be able to pick the lock) they do give random PvE boosts and I guess if you buy enough of them you will get somne good boosts which would help you somewhat in a dungeon the argument still feels kinda weak. I do plan to sell mine to people who think it is pay2win though....

XP pots are rather silly since 90% of the XP is for completing stuff while they only help you when you kill something. If someone want to pay good money to level up 10% faster than me, go ahead but it feels like wasting your money.

So I guess you can pay a lot of money for a slight advantage, but it just aint enough to be whining about. That might change in the future since we have no clue where the game will be a few years from now but now the complains just feels silly.

Youll always get a key for completing the last part of the initial personal story in the 1st zone. Theres also a pretty high rate of getting a new key from the one you open. Last night I was able to go 6 chests in a row off just 1 key. And yeah forgot that point about the XP boosts. Its a boost to KILL XP only, which is really rather low anyway. Youll still level much faster off completing events and stuff and theres no boosters for that.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Okay. Here goes.

Stop trying so hard ...

- Experience up : I'm constantly having a +10% XP boost food in my pack. Plus some +50% XP boost from quests time to time.

- Magic find boosts : I looted 6 Masterpiece weapons & armors in 3 hours on Sunday, without any boost. There's an ingame mechanic that naturally boosts your magic find. I'll let you search for it.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'll bite.

Doesn't really matter, depending on circumstances.  If your server is strong, no amount of defenses will keep you out for long.  I watched Jade Quarry sack a heavily fortified castle... only thing that happened is it took a little longer to take.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Soon when the Trading Post goes up it will be possible to purchase an optimized way to go up to level 80 through crafting by exchanging gems for gold and using the gold to purchase crafting materials.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by EricDanie
    Soon when the Trading Post goes up it will be possible to purchase an optimized way to go up to level 80 through crafting by exchanging gems for gold and using the gold to purchase crafting materials.

Being level 80 doesn't seem to be much of an advantage. The content scales with your level so that level 1 mob is hitting you like a level 80 mob if you're a level 80. Plus you still need to get gear, Karma (whatever that is) and the skill points littered about the map. I'm sure someone will figure out a way to pay to "win", but Anet seems to have done an OK job with making sure you have to play the game to "win".

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I'll bite.

I haven't played WvW on live yet, but at least back in the betas the limiting factor for both sieges and upgrades wasn't money but supply. You could set any upgrade to queue, but unless there are enough supplies (ferried by slow moving dolyak caravans and only if your server own a supply camp) they wouldn't get done.

What can men do against such reckless hate?