Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two questions...

1) Why don't you have legacy online in your game list. Yes, it isn't a MMORPG, but it is a MMO (or more specifically a massively mutliplayer economic simulation). It's free to try and only $10 a month after that. Ign.com gave it a 9 out of 10 also.  Here is the address http://www.legacyonline.net/
*No
I haven't tried it yet and no this isn't a plug for it. But I think it should be in the game list.

2) Why is it that every review I read from people on this board always say the games suck? According to the player reviews I really shouldn't play any MMORPG. Of course I have some suggestions on how to fix this.
a) Have a requirement that every one have in their signature what their favorite MMORPG (or favorite type) is. This would be a HUGE help. For example some may hate Eve. They post it sucks and is boring. But the reason they think it's boring is because they love Everquest. Knowing they love a real combat hack and slash type of game, I wouldn't hold as much weight in their review of a more econmic game.
b) In their sig have it list two of the games they rated the best and two of the games they rated the worst. This again would show what their taste in games is.

***How do I show my signature???

Comments

• atif_farooqatif_farooq Member Posts: 3
    I think this is a great idea as it would also help new people to the MMORPG genre, such as myself, in finding what games to check out, and avoid.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

If everyone had their favorite and worse games in their signatures,  it would take up so much room on the forums and would become really annoying really quick.  It's not a bad idea,  but you have to remember there's a MMORPG for everyone.  Some people just rate games bad (Shadowbane for example) because it's the "cool" thing to do.

I enjoyed Shadowbane for a long time untill they really started to nerf the crap out of the classes. . .
    You're just going to have to look around and keep reading about games untill you find one YOU like.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648

What about simply putting their favorite MMORPG under the date they registered. Shouldn't take that much more space.

As for looking around and keep reading. That's why I posted this. So far I have been looking around and reading and it does not help. It's almost impossible to get a real review out of the 15 or 20 "this game sucks" reviews. Simply knowing the posters perference in what they like as a MMORPG would be a HUGE help.

The only game I have really enjoyed is Earth and Beyond. A tale in the Desert was a close second (lack of players cause me to quit). Tried Rubies of Evertide, Linage, Dark age of Camelot, and Anarchy Online. Liked none of them.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

As you can see,  you don't like a lot of MMORPGs either.  It's up to the person to look into what they like to find out more.

The space under the date is for avatars and "quotes".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Actually I loved Earth and Beyond. I just reached a point where I ran out of things to do. So what you are telling me is that reading what people write is pointless, instead I should just go and download games until I find one I like?

Isn't the idea of having people review the games to provide other people a basis on which to try a game? And if that is the case what good are the reviews if there is no way to understand why they reviewed it the way they did?

The only game I have really enjoyed is Earth and Beyond. A tale in the Desert was a close second (lack of players caused me to quit). Tried Rubies of Evertide, Linage, Dark age of Camelot, and Anarchy Online. Liked none of them.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I don't think you will see us add a "favorite game" field.  However, we are planning to expand our sense of "community" here...and part of that will be building a community directory and giving people the abililty to tell more about themselves.  One of the things are are planning to ad is a "profiler" - or something to show what people enjoy in MMORPGs (ie killing, questing, crafting, exploring, socializing, etc).

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.