Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if Blizzard ran SWG ?

Comments

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by blakheart666
    What would Blizzard do if they get ahold of SWG is redesign completely the game. I played SWG for one month and a half and i gotta tell ya is the worst MMO i have ever played in my life. The skill system is cool but still the game sucks. But well is a Lucasarts game they always make crappy games but they are some that are great but allot that are bad like SWG.

Well the skill system is gone... so guess that's out the window.

it's actually still there, but it is useless.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• Originally posted by admriker444

I dont really care for WoW but I will give them credit. That game has basically ZERO bugs. Yes the servers have issues and balance needs some tweaking. But as far as gameplay goes, I cant recall once running across a quest that simply didnt work. And lets face it, the only reason WoW has server issues is because who could have known they'd grab 4+ million players and at such a fast rate.

WoW came out YEARS after SWG. Before WoW, Blizzard had ZERO experience in mmorpgs to show anyone. Thus nothing at all to show LucasArts. This alone DESTROYS your point, arguement. Your thread has now been made moot. image

Looking at SWG, the community is so used to total garbage buggyness that they dont seem to care anymore. The players that remain either dont care (because of their all-consuming pursuit of jedi) or stopped reporting bugs because SOE never fixes anything.

So... why are you still playing? I guess ... using your OWN words, you are used to total garbage, you don't care anymore. Stop playing the dang game if you do not like it. If you still keep playing it, then stop complaining about it. Or at least stop taking up memory at MMORPG.com LOL!

I also think if Blizzard ran things we'd actually get things long promised to us done. I personally dont buy the dev chat on stratics that promises future profession revamps. Anyone recall the planetary loot revamp ? I recall word for word the same responses from devs.."we'll be doing all planets loot over again very soon"

Overall, I wish SOE would break its contract with Lucas. Im betting Lucas would switch to Blizzard in a second after seeing their success.

Actually, LucasArts CHOOSE SOE first. LucasArts went shopping around the market for which company had the most experience in mmorpgs. Blizzard had ZERO... ZERO... ZERO.

SOE had the most successful mmorpg in history - Everquest. Along with other successful online games like INFANTRY, and others. So you go blame LucasArts. Go rant on their forums. Go write letters to them LOL!

Last, you obviously know NOTHING at all about Blizzard. Blizzard is the one game company that has one of the WORSE ever records in computer game history. Blizzard has LOST not just 1 online game, but 2 online games. Lost them to hackers, cracks, scripts, and more. Hackers 100% took over Diablo 1. Blizzard is still fighting an uphill battle vs Hackers in Diablo 2. One of my sorceress still has her weapon that sleals 100% mana from any and every enemy she kills LOL! Even enemies that do not have mana LOL! Some other player gave it to me for free. He had sooo many hacked items he was giving them away!

BTW, it was LucasArts that killed SWG. SWG was exploding in subscriptions, until LucasArts pushed SOE to put Jedi in. Then the JediHologrind mess occured. SWG has never reached or passed its record number of accounts ever since. LucasArts then went AROUND SOE and put out near-false advertising in magazines, and the internet about SWG. Showcasing SWG as another Jedi Outcast type game. If you are going to spew venom, make sure you shoot it at the right target.

So this week admriker444  dislikes SWG and SOE and LucasArts? LOL! To anyone new here, this guy has been posting about SWG in every extreem possible. From hating it, to loving it more than his mother, to hating it, loving it, hating it, etc... etc...

image image image image image image image image

-Personal Website (A Work still in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, Freelancer, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

-More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol

-More EQ, Dungeon Siege, *UXO*, Diablo II:Lords of Destruction:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

-EverQuest II, Horizons:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01

-EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

-DAoC
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives02

-Coming sooner or later... CoH, WoW, MXO, UO, GW, As3, RS

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

LOL the insights of Heads are always the most hilarious.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

Originally posted by HashBrick
    ONE POST TO END IT ALLYou incompitent mother fuckers can argue all day about your game is better than the other. Great...go jerk off about it, I'm sure you will feel much better after tuggin' it. Why argue? In the end your just going to bitch..and bitch...and even do some more bitchin', shoving in all your own opinions about nothing that has to do with facts or even remotely close to the interest on the subject. The fact is there is lag on all mmorpgs:
    This is not due to your PC unless it is a piece of shit that barely runs windows as well as your mmorpg, this is due to the fact that servers cause lag ups as every single action a player pulls is directed to the server. With that much going on how the hell could it not lag? Both games are going to have bugs:
    Never will all the bugs be fixed...it is impossible, and time management is not the issue here, as well as careful planning. Broken or unworked code is often added to patches/publishs because it is easier to patch that code then it is to remove it. This code can and will cause problems. When this occurs companies find it much easier to polish it over with new code because searching for the broken unworked code would take longer than it would to write new code. The new code is never a sure fix and will likely cause more unexpected problems. Both games will have shitty customer service:
    With a player based more than 100k and if 20% have issues or alert CS of there problems...how within any monthly time could the CS revolve around and answer everyones issues. Not happening, in fact most CS's look at the subject and if it is already notified or they are known of the issue. Boom deleted, they don't care, they know of the issue and in retrospec that is all the CS is for, to notify them of bugs and issues not the CS to notify you that they will fix the problem.Both games will have players complaining on the game's forum:
    It can't be avoided, if there is something to complain about, someone will be there to do the complaining. Both games are going to have the developers ignore the players:
    The developer has a path or plan that is already in action and what they want it to shape like in the end. Getting there is often the problem, as bumps in the road cause the plan to be "altered" or "twisted" and normally forced to take a path the player base will not like. Why would they take an uneducated direction for the players, the developer knows what they want the game to be made into it, what the players want will always be different. If the developers followed exactly what the player based wanted...how would the game be, balanced or fair. Everyone expects something different for what they want, it would be unwise to except directions from players, it will only cause destruction of the game.Both developers will pull stupid actions to retract their even worst action before:
    For SWG that would be the Double XP perk they threw out for every player where there only fix was to make the grinds harder, and the free vehicle with the Total Experience, that players "Totally Experienced" a huge economy downfall, or how about coming out with the Combat Revamp which only made the SWG experience fell like you were playing EverQuest except destroying Storm Troopers and other Star Wars beasts, and the only "Revamp" was the total destruction of many professions that forced many to change their professions or have hope that things will get better. To be fair I'll only name 3 problems as I will also name 3 problems with WoW.For WoW this would be making the Shaman the ultimate weapon, where their only fix was to make the Shaman even more "ultimate". Or how about nerfing the Hunter class that already had a hole punched through it, where there is still yet a fix to this issue that seems to be fair and balanced. And lastly how about the nerf of serval items that clearly made them useless, where your cup of tea was turned up sidedown and spilt on your lap...with the faint whisper of "Sorry".Both developers are in it for the $:
    If there was no money involve why the hell would they design the game in the first place. Exception of NCSoft as they used free servers to host Guild Wars and had funds from Lineage II to support the game.As in who will run SWG better? Neither. I say bring in a company of small developers that will take the time and the direction that SWG should have had at the start. A huge company causes problems, mostly lack of communication. Remember all those misplaced patchs that never worked? This was due to lack of communication, someone thought it was go time when in reality they wanted to wait a couple more days as the code was not completely finished. A little company with a small amount of developers would be able to communicate much easier and be able to view the goals of the game as a whole, not only the President or the Manager of the project. In the end you are only barking up your own tree, to say one game is better is like comparing a 10 cent whore to a whore that is going to cost you your monthly pay-check. Both have the same problems, both will always have the same problems. Suck on that.

Well put, but useless. Thanks.

The topic was which game DID all those things much worse than the other. That was SWG. But thanks for clarifying it.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by admriker444

getting back on track...
    there's a big difference between gameplay issues and a busted one. So Grapevine you may not like the ganking issues, thats something gameplay wise you dont care for. Its still working as intended and not busted. Dont like it, play on a rp server or non-pvp.
    ON SWG, there is no choice to avoid a busted issue like the cm one. Try another server and guess what, CM is still busted. Big difference there.
    And this is just one example. SOE breaks something major every single patch. Roughly 1-2 times a month they bust something badly. They then attempt to fix it and the following happens...
    it does nothing, still broken. It breaks something else. It gets fixed, but gets rebroke with next patch. It never gets fixed and forgotten in the list of other numerous bugs. it gets sorta ficed but not the same as before. And finally, it actually gets fixed which rarely happens.
    Another example, publish 18 completely busted bio clothing crafting. A large part of the community wears bio clothes as their armor (crafters, tkm, etc) It took 6 weeks for SOE to attempt to fix it. The first hotfix did nothing. Another week goes by and they finally fixed it (with no announcment). Tailors had to waste resources constantly until it was discovered to be fixed. 7 total weeks of a busted system that was devastating for tailors and those who relied on them.
    Droid armor - broken around 17 i think it was. take out a new droid for first time and armor rating properly displays 7k stats. Store it, take it back out and bam armor is reduced to 1217. It never goes back to 7k where it belongs. To a profession already in seriously bad shape, this a nail in the coffin. Combat droids are weak enough, but to reduce their armor that much makes them almost pointless. And whats worse is SOE wont even state "being looked at"  "being worked on"  "we recognize an issue"   NADA.
    lightsabers - modified speed from pearls, skill tapes, your skill boxes, etc dont work. Sure it shows up in stats but extensive testing reveals its not actually working. 4 months and SOE finally acknowledges it but states no ETA on a fix. Guess another yr or two and maybe those 75 million credits worth of skill tapes might benefit me.
    Loot - Loot tables were completely borked after the CU launched. SOE goes and makes the situation even worse by "fixing" loot drops for BH marks only. So now everyone is grinding to BH so they can get access to the only decent loot in the game. Tiggs states loot is working as intended image
    There is simply no comparison. SOE is a total joke and SWG is in bad shape. Lucky for them the market is full of bad mmorpgs and the title is star wars. Or this game would have long died

SWG is far from being in a bad shape and their is no problem with loot tables.  SWG has never been strong on loot drops, or are you forgetting that?  BH drops aren't anything special either, mostly slicing components that have (way) dropped in price.  However, premium pearls are an issue but them not dropping is intended as there is an issue with how their stats are calculated (against the CU code).  Not exactly game breaking.

Look, a broken game mechanic is way worse than any bug that can be worked around.   PvP's servers were great in WoW, until Blizzard decided to half release their PvP revamp.  The honour system didn't break WoW (once fully implemented), but the narrow sightedness of the effect it would have initially and how Blizzard handled it was inexcusable.  Then came the plague!!! Even the bug with Zepplins and Ships is still present. As stated, SoE introduce localized bugs, Bizzard introduces server wide issues.

As for those SWG bugs, why don't you go to the Blizzard forum and check out the ones there.  There are loads of bugs listed, new and old.  One of the very first posts in the Warrior list, tells the devs to simply log on as they are so blinding obvious.

Simply accept both games have issues (which is the truth) and neither have good customer support.  Blizzard may or maynot have produced a better SWG, but for sure they would not have produced one with as good a community or the amount of additions (and fixes) SoE have done.  So my personal opinion is that Blizzard would not run a better SWG than SoE, just one maybe better coded (server issues aside).

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Wait Grapevine, are you actually stating that SWG has never had broken game mechanics? As for your PvP comment, we don't need to rehash that, but lets agree that's your opinion and not fact.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Originally posted by IcoGames

Wait Grapevine, are you actually stating that SWG has never had broken game mechanics? As for your PvP comment, we don't need to rehash that, but lets agree that's your opinion and not fact.

No and I'd be foolish to claim so.  However, if you look at the games as they currently stand. WoW's issues are population affecting, SWG are localized. 

I also won't agree that affects of the inital release of the honour system were just an option.  Have you seriously forgot what an uproar occured within the official forums?  There were calls for its removal, for PvP to PvE transfers and people quiting.  The guild I was in fell apart because of it.  I personally could not do any quests without taking forwever, as I was either affected by the ship bug or that all ports were being camped.  As long as you had a chance to run or didn't require travelling you had a chance of surviving, but it was still rough going.  All of that has calmed down, but you just need to casually browse the offical forums to see its is still an issue.

This threed is about who would run a better SWG, not which has the most bugs.  Game mechanics are just as important, but overall its the community that builds a game.  Take away a good community, or even just some friends and no matter how good a game is you'd end up leaving.  Blizzard do not build communities, in fact their games are know for that.  WoW outside of being in a guild has no building blocks for a true community.

All these WoW fanbois seem very keen discussing SWG issues, but just want to brush WoW's under a carpet.  Sorry, but both games are good games but they have different approaches in gameplay.  SWG is a community based game, Blizzard would suck at implementing such a system.  WoW is a near linear mmorpg, with well defined quests which are without doubt better than SWG's.

The Honor System implementation weeded out a lot people who should've joined a Normal server in the first place. As I've stated previously I, nor any of my guild mates, had any issue with leveling alts during the initial release. If you play in contested territory, you need to be prepared. ^_^

Just small examples, but how can you say that the implementation of either CM or Jedi weren't community affecting? I think Jedi to this day continues to be the #1 reason why people leave the game.

As for the community, that's a tired old argument. Over the past few months it's vastly improved. Every game, including SWG, has it's share of smacktards. Just mention the name of Valved Ray on the Kettemoor forum and see the reaction ; )

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

The Honor System implementation weeded out a lot people who should've joined a Normal server in the first place. As I've stated previously I, nor any of my guild mates, had any issue with leveling alts during the initial release. If you play in contested territory, you need to be prepared. ^_^
    Just small examples, but how can you say that the implementation of either CM or Jedi weren't community affecting? I think Jedi to this day continues to be the #1 reason why people leave the game.
    As for the community, that's a tired old argument. Over the past few months it's vastly improved. Every game, including SWG, has it's share of smacktards. Just mention the name of Valved Ray on the Kettemoor forum and see the reaction ; )

Garbidge!!!  Many people enjoyed the PvP on those servers (pre-honour system) and you still had to be prepaired.  The sole thing the honour system introduced was a reason to gank.  The level gap as which you gain "honour" is way to wide.  People seem to forget PvP servers were in existance pre-honour system.  The mechanics didn't change, they just added an unbalanced reward system.

As for CM and Jedi, we are talking state of the game here.  CM post CU does not affect the community and only ever did in PvP.  Jedi are only an issue if you can't live with their numbers or accept that in PvP they are the upperclass (as they should be).   In PvE Jedi have zero affect and SWG is NOT a PvP game.

Odd that everyone I come across who has recently left WoW, one of their complaints is still that the community sucks (in general).

Lol, garbage? Ganking existed long before the Honor System was implemented.

I believe the level gap is 10-12, however the number of contribution points awarded at those levels is very little. I can gank level 48s all day and won't get near as much points if I spent a fraction of that time killing lvl 60s.

Lol, at least we agree that SWG is not a PvP game. ::::35::

Ico

Lol, garbage? Ganking existed long before the Honor System was implemented.
    I believe the level gap is 10-12, however the number of contribution points awarded at those levels is very little. I can gank level 48s all day and won't get near as much points if I spent a fraction of that time killing lvl 60s.
    Lol, at least we agree that SWG is not a PvP game. ::::35::

Yeah, it did but not with the fanatisim that the honour system unleased (especially initially).  A point is a point.  So if you think just because you get less its an incentive not to bother, that's insane (for a better word).    It happens and it happens a lot.  A 10-12 level gap (in WoW) is crazy and way unbalanced.

Originally posted by grapevine
    This threed is about who would run a better SWG, not which has the most bugs. Game mechanics are just as important, but overall its the community that builds a game. Take away a good community, or even just some friends and no matter how good a game is you'd end up leaving. Blizzard do not build communities, in fact their games are know for that. WoW outside of being in a guild has no building blocks for a true community.

They rely TOO HEAVILY on the community. We created player made content when there WAS NONE. For the first year and a half... heck, all the way up to RotW, we had little content to speak of.

The community stepped up and did BIG things (at least on Intrepid). We had events that had the server excited to play.

That ended when the CU was pushed. They gutted Entertainers completely.. they made crafting a joke.

Sure SWG had a great community.. HAD. Now it is a shell of its former self.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Originally posted by Shayde

This threed is about who would run a better SWG, not which has the most bugs. Game mechanics are just as important, but overall its the community that builds a game. Take away a good community, or even just some friends and no matter how good a game is you'd end up leaving. Blizzard do not build communities, in fact their games are know for that. WoW outside of being in a guild has no building blocks for a true community.

They rely TOO HEAVILY on the community. We created player made content when there WAS NONE. For the first year and a half... heck, all the way up to RotW, we had little content to speak of.

The community stepped up and did BIG things (at least on Intrepid). We had events that had the server excited to play.

That ended when the CU was pushed. They gutted Entertainers completely.. they made crafting a joke.

Correct, on pre-CU (in general).

Your post-CU comments are completly wrong and obviously grounded in what you would like to be true (from your other posts).  Although I agree that initially they gutted entertainers, which has since been addressed.

Yeah, but the CU was only introduced 'localized' issues.

/sarcasm off

Ico

Originally posted by Shayde Originally posted by grapevineThis threed is about who would run a better SWG, not which has the most bugs. Game mechanics are just as important, but overall its the community that builds a game. Take away a good community, or even just some friends and no matter how good a game is you'd end up leaving. Blizzard do not build communities, in fact their games are know for that. WoW outside of being in a guild has no building blocks for a true community. They rely TOO HEAVILY on the community. We created player made content when there WAS NONE. For the first year and a half... heck, all the way up to RotW, we had little content to speak of.
    Correct, on pre-CU (in general).
    Your post-CU comments are completly wrong and obviously grounded in what you would like to be true (from your other posts). Although I agree that initially they gutted entertainers, which has since been addressed.

Entertainers have been "addressed"

With lip service and glowsticks.

They still haven't given them a good role, nor have they addressed that an Entertainer with no puropse in the game anymore still has to devote so many skill points to it, that they are one-shotted in any combat.

No, It hasn't gotten better. I don't know one highly-talented Entertainer that was able to keep their mastery. They put a stake in their hearts.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

They still haven't given them a good role, nor have they addressed that an Entertainer with no puropse in the game anymore still has to devote so many skill points to it, that they are one-shotted in any combat.
    No, It hasn't gotten better. I don't know one highly-talented Entertainer that was able to keep their mastery. They put a stake in their hearts.

Has someone slept too long and not realized the introduction of the new entertainer buffs into the game ? Making LIVE entertainers one of the most sought after persons in the game ! A live entertainer that can give you the right buff for your profession - something an AFK bot can never do. Not to mention that he can REALLY entertain you with wit, song or dance.

Or forgotten that MASTER entertainers can easily get at least one MASTER combat profession (CL54+)and use every weapon in the game that is not race or career specific ? One shotted- HAH !

If you dont know such people, then you should go out more.

Have fun

Erillion

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by Erillion

Has someone slept too long and not realized the introduction of the new entertainer buffs into the game ? Making LIVE entertainers one of the most sought after persons in the game ! A live entertainer that can give you the right buff for your profession - something an AFK bot can never do. Not to mention that he can REALLY entertain you with wit, song or dance.

Or forgotten that MASTER entertainers can easily get at least one MASTER combat profession (CL54+)and use every weapon in the game that is not race or career specific ? One shotted- HAH !

If you dont know such people, then you should go out more.

Have fun

Erillion

And with that, Shayde is proven wrong once again. Never thought I would say this but YAY ERILLION! Way to go bro.

Kai

/sarcasm off

Well, if your facts were actualy correct you'd have a valid point.  However, while there are a few localized issues with the CU its nowhere near being a broken or is an unbalanced system.  In fact it vastly improved SWG.  Which amongst those who actually play SWG its commonly accepted.

As it stands the CU does not have a negative affect on the community, so your point is invalid.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

getting back on track...
    there's a big difference between gameplay issues and a busted one. So Grapevine you may not like the ganking issues, thats something gameplay wise you dont care for. Its still working as intended and not busted. Dont like it, play on a rp server or non-pvp.
    ON SWG, there is no choice to avoid a busted issue like the cm one. Try another server and guess what, CM is still busted. Big difference there.
    And this is just one example. SOE breaks something major every single patch. Roughly 1-2 times a month they bust something badly. They then attempt to fix it and the following happens...
    it does nothing, still broken. It breaks something else. It gets fixed, but gets rebroke with next patch. It never gets fixed and forgotten in the list of other numerous bugs. it gets sorta ficed but not the same as before. And finally, it actually gets fixed which rarely happens.
    Another example, publish 18 completely busted bio clothing crafting. A large part of the community wears bio clothes as their armor (crafters, tkm, etc) It took 6 weeks for SOE to attempt to fix it. The first hotfix did nothing. Another week goes by and they finally fixed it (with no announcment). Tailors had to waste resources constantly until it was discovered to be fixed. 7 total weeks of a busted system that was devastating for tailors and those who relied on them.
    Droid armor - broken around 17 i think it was. take out a new droid for first time and armor rating properly displays 7k stats. Store it, take it back out and bam armor is reduced to 1217. It never goes back to 7k where it belongs. To a profession already in seriously bad shape, this a nail in the coffin. Combat droids are weak enough, but to reduce their armor that much makes them almost pointless. And whats worse is SOE wont even state "being looked at"  "being worked on"  "we recognize an issue"   NADA.
    lightsabers - modified speed from pearls, skill tapes, your skill boxes, etc dont work. Sure it shows up in stats but extensive testing reveals its not actually working. 4 months and SOE finally acknowledges it but states no ETA on a fix. Guess another yr or two and maybe those 75 million credits worth of skill tapes might benefit me.
    Loot - Loot tables were completely borked after the CU launched. SOE goes and makes the situation even worse by "fixing" loot drops for BH marks only. So now everyone is grinding to BH so they can get access to the only decent loot in the game. Tiggs states loot is working as intended image
    There is simply no comparison. SOE is a total joke and SWG is in bad shape. Lucky for them the market is full of bad mmorpgs and the title is star wars. Or this game would have long died

SWG is far from being in a bad shape and their is no problem with loot tables.  SWG has never been strong on loot drops, or are you forgetting that?  BH drops aren't anything special either, mostly slicing components that have (way) dropped in price.  However, premium pearls are an issue but them not dropping is intended as there is an issue with how their stats are calculated (against the CU code).  Not exactly game breaking.

what game are you playing cause its not SWG. Loot is extremely broken. Thanks to levels now, mobs like marauders that used to drop 2-3 decent tapes a night for me now drop zero to 1 tapes for an entire week. Nightsisters drop nothing now because of the level system not matching the loot tables. Pre-cu a nightsister might have been considered a lvl 200 mob and the loot tables dropped accordingly. Now a nightsister is lvl 78-83 and the loot tables drop lvl 78 loot. SOE NEVER adjusted the tables to reflect new mob lvls after the cu.

And BH get a lot better than smuggler loot so I guess you dont watch the trade forums. They are the only ones getting the lightsaber +12 exp tapes that sell for 30 million. They are the only ones who can get the enhanced power cells that are way better than krayt tissues which sell for millions. Their forum rep even stated why, a dev who plays a BH toon got tired of lame drops and spent a few weekends on his own time fixing the loot tables for elite BH marks.

So either you're a lier or ignorant or both. To dispute loot tables as broken is like arguing that the sky isnt blue. Get your facts straight fanboy.

Look, a broken game mechanic is way worse than any bug that can be worked around.   PvP's servers were great in WoW, until Blizzard decided to half release their PvP revamp.  The honour system didn't break WoW (once fully implemented), but the narrow sightedness of the effect it would have initially and how Blizzard handled it was inexcusable.  Then came the plague!!! Even the bug with Zepplins and Ships is still present. As stated, SoE introduce localized bugs, Bizzard introduces server wide issues.

As for those SWG bugs, why don't you go to the Blizzard forum and check out the ones there.  There are loads of bugs listed, new and old.  One of the very first posts in the Warrior list, tells the devs to simply log on as they are so blinding obvious.

Simply accept both games have issues (which is the truth) and neither have good customer support.  Blizzard may or maynot have produced a better SWG, but for sure they would not have produced one with as good a community or the amount of additions (and fixes) SoE have done.  So my personal opinion is that Blizzard would not run a better SWG than SoE, just one maybe better coded (server issues aside).

Ive played both games and its obvious that WoW works a lot better. A few balance issues from WoW simply dont compare to SWG's broken issues, entire professions that are busted, quests that dont work and worse. I cant even believe you're that ignorant to think otherwise.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

/sarcasm off

Well, if your facts were actualy correct you'd have a valid point.  However, while there are a few localized issues with the CU its nowhere near being a broken or is an unbalanced system.  In fact it vastly improved SWG.  Which amongst those who actually play SWG its commonly accepted.

As it stands the CU does not have a negative affect on the community, so your point is invalid.

more fanboy ignorance...

cu made the game worse, everyone knows that.

1. docs pointless now as they dont heal wounds where most needed. Made medical center (you remember those big buildings in cities ??? ) COMPLETELY pointless. Im sure that was the plan of original devs when they designed the game was to make med centers so we could admire their beautiful architecture.

2. game is still unbalanced. Of course fanboys like you will argue otherwise but take a look at the profession post that shows stats...50% players are BH with most taking cm as secondary. And of course rifles which has been overpowered for 2 years is also popular. Pistoleer and ch remain woefully weak as always. CU didnt fix it.

3. elite mobs wont be soloable farmed after cu...lol yeah right. I can solo a krayt 10 times as fast than I could pre-cu. complete failure

4. entertainers pointless - sorry but they are and no pointless crafter buff matters. Most crafters I know can easily reach cap on 90% most items without a buff. I used one to get cap on bomb droids and wont need another for months thanks to factory runs.

So to summarize, the CU destroyed cantinas, CU destroyed medical centers, Cu destroyed 12 point crafters advantages, CU destroyed large groups from 20 to 8, CU destroyed loot tables since levels dont match up with mobs lvls, CU made soloing elite mobs like krayts even easier...LOL what a joke

/sarcasm off

more fanboy ignorance...

1. docs pointless now as they dont heal wounds where most needed. Made medical center (you remember those big buildings in cities ??? ) COMPLETELY pointless. Im sure that was the plan of original devs when they designed the game was to make med centers so we could admire their beautiful architecture.

2. game is still unbalanced. Of course fanboys like you will argue otherwise but take a look at the profession post that shows stats...50% players are BH with most taking cm as secondary. And of course rifles which has been overpowered for 2 years is also popular. Pistoleer and ch remain woefully weak as always. CU didnt fix it.

3. elite mobs wont be soloable farmed after cu...lol yeah right. I can solo a krayt 10 times as fast than I could pre-cu. complete failure

4. entertainers pointless - sorry but they are and no pointless crafter buff matters. Most crafters I know can easily reach cap on 90% most items without a buff. I used one to get cap on bomb droids and wont need another for months thanks to factory runs.

So to summarize, the CU destroyed cantinas, CU destroyed medical centers, Cu destroyed 12 point crafters advantages, CU destroyed large groups from 20 to 8, CU destroyed loot tables since levels dont match up with mobs lvls, CU made soloing elite mobs like krayts even easier...LOL what a joke

In that case its odd that generally those who complain about the CU either don't play or are missing their "god" mode. 

Docs are very much appreciated, they just aren't buff bots anymore and more field focused.  Its also logical a BH would take CM over a doctor, its provides healing with fewer SP than if they were taking doctor.  If you are a combatant and melee, you take doctor.  If you are ranged, you take CM.  Otherwise you "waste" SP.  Not saying it isn't viable, just not logical for those who want the most out of their (solo) template.

To solo a Krayt you are either a Jedi or have some sort of healing, hence contradicitng doctors being worthless.  Also what type of Krayt did you solo?  Some are low cl80 others are way higher (cl92, I believe).  You are saying you soloed a cl92 and at speed?

Odd that entertainers are now in high demand, to be poinless.

Odd I have a crafter (leveled since the CU) and to have a viable business I still needed to have 12 points to compete.

Loots tables are exactly the same as pre-CU, to the best of my knowledge.  Only thing that excludes is premium peals and as already stated that's intended due to balance issues.

Obvously you've not seen the stats on pistols, they are the highest DPS weapons in the game.  They are by no means weak, same with CH.  CH is very affective.

Larger groups, are being put back in within a raid context.  Its part of the next expantion, I believe.  Anyway, what did dropping from 20 to 8 affect?  Zero!!!!  A group of 20 post CU, would be insane and unbalance general PvE.

--> Please dont try to "sell" your personal opinion as "The Truth", because its not
    1. docs pointless now as they dont heal wounds where most needed.
    --> Have fun having no doc in high end areas like corvette where doc buffing and quick reszs means a living or dead team.
    Made medical center (you remember those big buildings in cities ??? ) COMPLETELY pointless.
    --> Hhm, tell me .. where do you get your implants ? In a backstreet butchery of Valarian lane in Mos Eisley ?
    2. game is still unbalanced. Of course fanboys like you will argue otherwise but take a look at the profession post that shows stats...50% players are BH with most taking cm as secondary.
    --> Untrue and I can proof it with the Astromech stats.
    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Friday%20Feature%20-%20Profession%20Popularity
    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Character%20Metrics
    While its true that BH is a very popular profession (and becoming one without having to do the long investigation tree was easy during the respec period), its NOWHERE near 50 % at all. So many people think that what they see at Dantooine Outpost is representative of the whole game.
    And of course rifles which has been overpowered for 2 years is also popular.
    -->  Its popular - but not THE dominating profession it was before where the rifle mindshots and BH eye shots where 10 times more effective than anything else.
    Pistoleer and ch remain woefully weak as always. CU didnt fix it.
    --> Again someone that slept through all the (CH) changes of recent weeks. Go out .. check the patch notes. Wakey wakey !!!
    --> And I am a pistoleer. Let me tell you ... I am definitely NOT woefully weak .. and I am CL 60, not 80. Especially when combined with smuggler.
    --> You solo Ancient Krayts 10 times faster ? That I want to see ! And Canyon and Juvenile Krayt Dragons are not elite mobs (in fact that are easier to kill than many other animals).
    --> Go and talk to weaponsmiths and shipwrights that have 10 different lines to balance and max out. DEs and architects (they need 1, at max 2 experimentation lines) dont benefit much from an entertainer buff - but other professions do and its very important for them. 
    So to summarize, the CU destroyed cantinas,
    --> wrong
    CU destroyed medical centers,
    --> wrong (CU gave them back at least one reason to be there --> implants, where there was none anymore before CU)
    Cu destroyed 12 point crafters advantages,
    --> partially true, depending on profession (and that is not necessarily a bad thing - having 2-3 weaponsmiths dominating a server was not healthy)
    CU destroyed large groups from 20 to 8
    --> Minimal effect, as 9+ groups where rare before CU. Large scale PvP events required larger groups than 20 anyway, so you created special event channels instead of group channels.
     CU destroyed loot tables since levels dont match up with mobs lvls,
    --> Partially true (but has reduced AFK loot camping, which is a good thing)
    CU made soloing elite mobs like krayts even easier...LOL what a joke
    --> Tell us how long you need to solo an Ancient Krayt after CU.
    --> Have fun,  Erillion

Hey Eri

The link with Character Metrics was made Oct 20th 2003. Almost two years ago. Because 0.00% jedi and no politicians listed. Please dont use it to support your arguement because its out of date.

Kai

Originally posted by kaibigan34

Hey Eri
    The link with Character Metrics was made Oct 20th 2003. Almost two years ago. Because 0.00% jedi and no politicians listed. Please dont use it to support your arguement because its out of date.
    Kai

The first link is a very recent link.

And even if the other link is not from 2005 .... BHs did not go from 3 to 50 % except in the imagination of one poster.

have fun

Erillion

Originally posted by Erillion

Originally posted by kaibigan34

Hey Eri
    Kai

The first link is a very recent link.

And even if the other link is not from 2005 .... BHs did not go from 3 to 50 % except in the imagination of one poster.

have fun

Erillion

The character metrics, the one with the percentages, is from 2003. And as we saw with flavor of the month it is quite possible for a profession percentage to jump dramatically in just one week. Add a respec or 4 into it and it can jump even faster.

Not supporting the other poster. Just saying it is possible.

Kai