Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

660 ti superclock

timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
lol alright so i bought a 660 ti superclocked and i had a 560 ti superclocked now i kinda just rushed into buying the 660 but was that a big update?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Have you ever considered asking what to buy before making the purchase, rather than after?
  • timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
    lmfao my friend said it was way better so i took his word.....was he wrong i assume?
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

It's better - I don't think it's ~way~ better, and definitely not $300 better. Both are nice cards.

Oh damn well I only payed $100 for it lol
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by timmy12

I'm assuming you were able to sell your old card for $200?  If not please tell us how you managed to pick up a brand new 660 Ti SC for 1/3 the price.

Originally posted by miguksaram

I'm assuming you were able to sell your old card for $200?  If not please tell us how you managed to pick up a brand new 660 Ti SC for 1/3 the price.

Sold my old card for $200

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by miguksaram

Sold my old card for $200

In that case the upgrade may have been worth it, depending on your system and usage of course.  If you went from a 1Gb to 2Gb that could provide a performance boost on some games.  You will also save on heat and overall power consumption that could in the long run sav you money but if you are the type to upgrade every year it's unlikely.