Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I gots the install disks 111111111111111111

ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

I bought a copy just a hour ago it started dowloading I was freaking out!

after a few megs I just guess it was the client it's a total of 2 DVDs.

I also gots teh stragety guild LOL thing is awesome I can read this on the days I don't play.

Comments

• CordenCorden Member UncommonPosts: 68

I also bought the physical copy of the game. I went to the midnight release (everyone but me was getting Madden :x), got the game home, installed and just as I feared it's downloading a rather large update. I'm on a 1.5 megabit connection so it's taking a long time. It's only at 22% right now /sigh

Does anyone know how big the update actually is? I'm making a guess of arond 4-5 gigs going by how long it's taking.

But oh well, good things come to those that wait :P

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87
    Yeah I didn't expect such a big updates I'm at zero percent.......I can wait but didn't expect such a big patch.
  • grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Not to make you folks feel bad, but you could have downloaded the client, even without an account or prepurchasing, months ago...

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

Originally posted by grimm6th
    Not to make you folks feel bad, but you could have downloaded the client, even without an account or prepurchasing, months ago...

Oh yes I knew that, but as I pointed out, I've been on a 1.5 mb curently, so any downloads slow my internet to a halt, and I've still been playing WoW quite often. I didn't want to have to not be able to use my internet for 30+ hours (Not to mention I have other people on my connection, so yeah.).

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87
    I'm at 18% now with about a gig downloaded... I'm on 156 K so it sucks...
    Originally posted by Shiotcrock
    I'm at 18% now with about a gig downloaded... I'm on 156 K so it sucks...

I just finished, so yeah, I think it was about a 4.5 gig download. If you're tired might be a good time to catch a nap, sounds like you still have a while to go.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Same deal, 1.5 Mbps connection here so I download at ~180 KBps.

Guess I will just patch while im sleeping / at work tomorrow.  Meh.