Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there other games like the keg brawl?

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I found the keg brawl while exploring points of interest and had a great time playing. Are there other minigames like this in GW2?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Where is it, i've heard of it, but didn't crossed it yet
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Hoelbrak, on the west side.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

They talked about adding something like 30 activities or something like that.

I'm not sure how many made it for launch though.

I can't wait until the wiki is back up, I'm lost without it :)

Here are a few that i remember reading about.

1. Som radio controlled golem thing.
    2. target shooting with rifles
    3. bar brawling (breaking chairs over heads and stuff)
    4. archery shooting
    5. snowball fights
    6. keg brawl

wish I could remember more, and wish I knew what made it in for launch

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Archery minigame is not up. Going to check polymock arena npcs tomorrow. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50
    The "golem chess" is up, or atleast what I think it is, its a heart in the asura starter area, close to rata sum. Can be played alone or with an opponent,
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    If you go to rata sum, on the crafting layer there is a gate to the polymock arena, but it's not functional yet. Gimme polymock dammit! :(
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Magnnarot
    The "golem chess" is up, or atleast what I think it is, its a heart in the asura starter area, close to rata sum. Can be played alone or with an opponent,

Made an Asura to go try that out. It reminded me of a game and teaching tool called p-robots from back when I learned Pascal. It's also a lot like the commander mode of Puzzle Pirates' ship combat.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I found the keg brawl while exploring points of interest and had a great time playing. Are there other minigames like this in GW2?

I got my ass kicked in the Keg brawl and quite. But yes there are other games like that. The Keg toss in wayfarrer retion. Near the wurm tunnel at the frozen lake.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760