Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell is wrong with me?

13»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by Enigmatus

It's a spin on the old argument when more and more unpopular posts start to emerge, the staunch defenders need a "reason" for the majority support of the OP's opinion and the lack of GW2 defenders is that everyone who is playing GW2 is so enamored with it that they simply don't have time or desire to poke their heads in other things. Which really sin't true. This argument has been around for years and has persisted through many other games and it was wrong then and it's wrong now.
    What if the majority doesn't know that these places exist? Where do they fit in?

Talking about this thread.

They fit in by clicking "reply"

The people who are active members of this site will drop in at points in the day. Even if it's just to see the general opinion of the game. Catch up on what's going on or for whatever they are curious about. Even the poster himself did that.

To make a general assumption that those who like GW2 haven't got the time to pop in here at all, is kinda silly don you think?

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by justinope
    I'm in the same boat. I just find the PVE so damn boring that I can't continue- and no one I know is playing sPvP yet (all focused on WvW) I think its pretty retarded that i have to PVE to do WvW effectively. so chances are I'm just not going to play at all.

That is the fun with pre-orders. It´s like a box of chocolate you never know what y...§=$)§($/&§)

Too bad Anet doesn´t offer a satisfaction money-back guarantee.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Chek your  thyroid gland.
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Nitth

If you feel the need to hold back in betas and such i question the longevity of the product in the first place.

Why put off today when tomorrow may never come?

This is a silly comment trying to come off as intelligent....

Anyone who has played any beta extensively knows it kills a lot of the fun of said game when it comes out... 

Why?

You know the story, the thrills and the characters already... yet you have to do it again.

Nothing to do with longevity of any game.... I will never play any class I've already played in WoW either.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Originally posted by itgrowls yep. Thought so. I and many other predicted that threads like this would be popping up all over the place. We salute you Mods for having to deal with this while the rest of us who usually handle it are enjoying the game. I just stopped in here because i was curious. :) back to enjoying the best mmo ever. 
    Why would the mods have to "deal" with people's opinions, also why do you think you need to discredit them if you weren't playing the game?

Epitome of fanboyism right there.

It's a spin on the old argument when more and more unpopular posts start to emerge, the staunch defenders need a "reason" for the majority support of the OP's opinion and the lack of GW2 defenders is that everyone who is playing GW2 is so enamored with it that they simply don't have time or desire to poke their heads in other things. Which really sin't true. This argument has been around for years and has persisted through many other games and it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Just an FYI the game is pretty fun and a lot of people are busy playing... I pop in here after all that playing and I just don't have the energy really to argue with the trolls.

Like the guy whe's mad he didn't get his name cause they opened the servers up early. .... posted that he'll involve the BBB...

-_-

Honestly a lot of the threads are from people who are just angry the game started off well.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Already posted this but I logged in for about 2 minutes, remembered how I really didn't enjoy the game throughout beta, logged out and played Lotro with a friend for about 3 hours having a decent amount of fun.

I still actually enjoy TSW too but it's a different sort of game and a nice contrast to something like Lotro. I am completely ok with waiting a few months to see where GW2 is headed and perhaps try it again down the road. I have zero interest in playing it right now. I am actually more excited about RoR expansion for Lotro to be honest.

same here. Well It's a good thing it's finally out and the hype creators can stop telling the world GW2 would be the next big MMO messiah - it clearly is not. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Another case of you over hyped urself going into the game with bigger expectations to now finally notice it is not the game you were having inside of your head.

And he noticed that in 5 minutes?

Nah, I think it is something else going on here.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

I think it is just game fatigue, if you played the beta too much (I was beta tester) then you may have very easily saturated yourself. Game itself is a fun themepark, but once you do the rides too many times your done.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

Nothing wrong, bro.

Get out, do something else and enjoy it.

Even a good sleep can help or focusing other things.

You got it now.

You can login, whenever you like.

Its a good game, im getting it christmas i hope :)

There is also other games to enjoy.

You dont need to login now, even if you dont login a whole year, it is still yours and you can play whenever you want.

Enjoy ^^

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well I played the betas heavy and am still seeing and finding new things in the starter zones. "Spoiler alert", There's a quest in the asura zone where you have to collect raptor eggs that I had already done twice, once for dollo and once when a friend and I were playing. I always just gave him the eggs and kept it moving due to having little time to play in the beta, this time I payed attention to what the npc did after I gave him the eggs. He spawned a baby raptor that then grew out of control and had to be put down. Just an example of how this game rewards your curiosity.

Sometimes were just not in the mood or unmotivated for whatever reason. I know for myself things I can't put down, other days I don't want to touch or see at all. Op there's nothing wrong with you, atleast not because you'r not in the mood to play a game at the moment, or like it less than you thought you did or would.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Misaris

Already posted this but I logged in for about 2 minutes, remembered how I really didn't enjoy the game throughout beta, logged out and played Lotro with a friend for about 3 hours having a decent amount of fun.

I still actually enjoy TSW too but it's a different sort of game and a nice contrast to something like Lotro. I am completely ok with waiting a few months to see where GW2 is headed and perhaps try it again down the road. I have zero interest in playing it right now. I am actually more excited about RoR expansion for Lotro to be honest.

same here. Well It's a good thing it's finally out and the hype creators can stop telling the world GW2 would be the next big MMO messiah - it clearly is not. 

Care to comment after a month of sales? Sure, not everyone will like the game but clearly your mad at it's popularity saying it's not "the messiah".  It's not of course and fans never called it that but it's a great game.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Aelious

Care to comment after a month of sales? Sure, not everyone will like the game but clearly your mad at it's popularity saying it's not "the messiah".  It's not of course and fans never called it that but it's a great game.

Correction...overzealous fans indeed called it a messiah and saviour of MMO genre and how it will change MMOS forever.

I love playing this game but comments like these are indeed hilarious.

Bite Me

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by Aelious

Correction...overzealous fans indeed called it a messiah and saviour of MMO genre and how it will change MMOS forever.

I love playing this game but comments like these are indeed hilarious.

As am I, well, going to bed since I need to sleep sometime.  You could link me some threads where people seriously called it that.  If they did clearly it's an overreaction.  The term has been used mostly by those who don't like GW2 to mock it.  Look at the post history and you can see the agenda.  I agree, it's indeed hilarious.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    I can see where the OP is coming from,i play GW2 for PVP and Vanguard for some epic vast world non instanced dungeons eq1 style.Every class has a role and it''s good old fashion MMO grouping but with ships and everything else you want a mmo to have.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    I can see where the OP is coming from,i play GW2 for PVP and Vanguard for some epic vast world non instanced dungeons eq1 style.Every class has a role and it''s good old fashion MMO grouping but with ships and everything else you want a mmo to have.

Damn....you must be my lost brother / sister from another life.

I also play GW2 for PVP.  PVE puts me to sleep in GW2. I keep changing between VG and EQ2 for PVE goodness.

Bite Me

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Probably nothing. Its time for you to change game gender probably... Mmo is not your thing i guess.

Play betas and enjoy it and then play 5 minutes and logout its wierd thou lol

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by RCP_ut

Probably nothing. Its time for you to change game gender probably... Mmo is not your thing i guess.

Play betas and enjoy it and then play 5 minutes and logout its wierd thou lol

I have seen this mentioned a couple of times. Can we get one thing straight:

MMO's are not all the same!

I thnk he may be burnt out on the whole themepark MMORPG genre.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I knew the game would be pretty good and pre-purchased way back myself. Got to Beta a couple weekends and a stress test once. After that I purposely stayed away from any BWE's and Stress Test because I knew if I stuck around with all that play time that I would burn myself out on the content..

I suspect you might have a bit of that going for yourself. It's not always a good idea to try and get your hands on games before they release. Not saying you've spoiled the experience completely for yourself but maybe just took off a bit of the shine it once had..

That said, the game is pretty solid. Mostly what I expected (in a good way). Between GW2 and The Secret World I'm pretty set right now.. Whenever I get tired of the one I can switch to the other and with GW2 being just B2P there's no pressure to log in and get my money's worth every month..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Originally posted by itgrowls yep. Thought so. I and many other predicted that threads like this would be popping up all over the place. We salute you Mods for having to deal with this while the rest of us who usually handle it are enjoying the game. I just stopped in here because i was curious. :) back to enjoying the best mmo ever. 
    Why would the mods have to "deal" with people's opinions, also why do you think you need to discredit them if you weren't playing the game?

Epitome of fanboyism right there.

Just an FYI the game is pretty fun and a lot of people are busy playing... I pop in here after all that playing and I just don't have the energy really to argue with the trolls.

Like the guy whe's mad he didn't get his name cause they opened the servers up early. .... posted that he'll involve the BBB...

-_-

Honestly a lot of the threads are from people who are just angry the game started off well.

Tell that to all the EU players that couldn't log in or register all day yesterday and to a lesser extent the US ones as well. You really are just proving GeezerGamers point with your laissez faire attitude to this thread, but you just had the energy to post this one nugget.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    It happned to me yesteday, I was plaing guild wars 2 for some hours till servers got crushed and we coldnt log for 2-4 hours so I told lets not waste / retry relog and just wait for a fix.. so i told him ,u wanna play some cabal meanwhile ? and he said sure,so we went back to cabal and had a bit of fun :) and after 2-3 hours when we got tired,we checked GW2 and woot it was working again! so we logged on and kept playing and had even more fun :P
  • XTREM1337XTREM1337 Member Posts: 24

same for me...I tryed it...and I dont like it....

I played the first Guild Wars for 4 years, but GW2...is not for me.

JEDI MASTER SOTANAX
    SWG PRE-CU