Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seeking new mmorpg.. is this it?

WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

seems this has kick arse pvp but i hear no one plays it in europe.. true?

im uk so need uk server i also hear this is not a great game to be a beginner in.

i want to get a new mmorpg cause swg pisses me off, wow is boring and anything else dont keep me more than a week...

being new am i too late to get into this a compete?
what u guys think any non biased advice plz

p.s whats a lore server?

Comments

• WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

dam. main thimng attraceed me was direct 2 drive had this to get but it says for usa and canada only..

well this games out of the pan for me :(

maybe daoc

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Somehow people in Korea, China, Japan, and Aussys find there way into the game...

Not sure how tho.

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    I think they have a specific way for peoplem on the North American continent to play on their website.  A fake address or something like that. 

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Originally posted by WazMeister

im uk so need uk server i also hear this is not a great game to be a beginner in.
    i want to get a new mmorpg cause swg pisses me off, wow is boring and anything else dont keep me more than a week...
    being new am i too late to get into this a compete?
    what u guys think any non biased advice plz
    p.s whats a lore server?

Don't waste your money.  That's coming from personal experiences.

What will he do next?

Originally posted by Djin
    being new am i too late to get into this a compete?what u guys think any non biased advice plz
    p.s whats a lore server?Don't waste your money. That's coming from personal experiences.

Its the best PvP (some would say ONLY) game on the market, far from a waste.

You want good PvP action, you can buy Guild Wars and there's no monthly fee.

EVE-Online
    World of Warcraft
    EverQuest 2

There's SOOOO many games that offer a better set of everything then Shadowbane.

Even Dark Ages of Cameltoe is better then that.

What will he do next?

Shadowbane was my first mmorpg and the one I keep going back to.  I would definetly recommend you trying it out.  Be prepared to turn your settings down low to minimize lag and difficulty in finding a Guild.  If you play on the new Vinication server (Lore Server, opens Monday) then you probably wil not have a problem.  If you think GW has better PvP then SB I would kindly like some of what you are smoking.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by arvainis

Shadowbane was my first mmorpg and the one I keep going back to.  I would definetly recommend you trying it out.  Be prepared to turn your settings down low to minimize lag and difficulty in finding a Guild.  If you play on the new Vinication server (Lore Server, opens Monday) then you probably wil not have a problem.  If you think GW has better PvP then SB I would kindly like some of what you are smoking.

Dude, the game is like 3+ years old, if you can't run the game on the max settings then it's total CRAP...

Trust me, I played SB, and I was hardcore into it... it really does suck.  It's dated and even will all the updates it's not worth the time.

What will he do next?

just started playing RYL and its awesome, i've tried every mmorpg recently trails or full game this has the most fun if you ask me!
    spite everyone else slagging it down

Do you watch G4TV?  You should of seen the review for RYL, the game really is horrible.

What will he do next?

You want good PvP action, you can buy Guild Wars and there's no monthly fee.
    EVE-OnlineWorld of WarcraftEverQuest 2
    There's SOOOO many games that offer a better set of everything then Shadowbane.
    Even Dark Ages of Cameltoe is better then that.

PvP? Dont you mean RVR?

Even EVE has alot of RvRish stuff in it, tho it IS open combat. Its a space game as well. Guild wars is even worse than Shadowbane, and its not even a mmorpg, its diablo negtive 1.0.

Shadowbane is the best PVP game out on the market currently untill Darkfall comes out, if it comes out, and IF its open combat free will enviroment.

EDIT: I can run the game at full settings. I tried it on the test lore server, never once had a problem.

AMD 64 3000
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
    1 gig Corsair XMS ram
    Radeon 9600XT (yes, an ageing card)
    Winblows XP Pro

Do you watch G4TV? You should of seen the review for RYL, the game really is horrible.

Never go by what another critic says my friend, half game reviews is ee in magazines i disagree with and loved the game.

Its all down to self opinion and RYL is UBER fun, I think these days people go for the "Oh its not great graphics and its got 100's of bugs!!"

Instead of seeing beyond that and loving the fun.....

I remeber when mmorpg first breathed, ala uo etc and they was buggy as anything but the fun factor minus it all out. UO is still one best too

I'll give SB a try toniht, i guessing its not big in uk

It may be dated but it is still THE best PvP game out there imo.

• /agree, while the graphics arn't the greatest the immersion and team spirit involved with pvp are bar none.
    Also i hav'nt found a game yet that has more options for character customization, you can be pretty well anything you want, although some combinations work better than others.

my 2-bits

• bluebob11bluebob11 Member Posts: 12

Shadowbane, the game that has outdated graphics, lags, absolutely no much PvE, etc. Blah Blah Blah...::::21::::::21::

I went thru the first few days scratching my head wondering what to do. there's not much monsters around on the newbie island, totally no quests, gold and item drops are so pitiful. But once you start figuring the game out, its quite fun actually. I remember fleeing from the first lvl 72 char i saw on mainland (once he starts to debuff me), got into a guild and got pl (power leveling) from lvl 22 to 37 in few hours and got my first pk'ed. That guy just came with another into our city and all hell break loose. All in all, its just fun to get pk'ed and revenge! Its so funny when a high level char walks by, says "BYE" and start nuking me. ::::18::::::18::::::18::

I'm still figuring the game out (politics, sieges, etc) but its definately more fun than L2, MUonline, Eve online, anarchy online, SoR, etc . Why? Cuz i have tried those and they bored me out in a week. Please dont flame me, just my 2 cents worth! ^.^
    ::::33::

• lauxeslauxes Member Posts: 88
    only gays play shadowbane....and there are no wasd keys..
  • JoeyPPJoeyPP Member Posts: 2

dam. main thimng attraceed me was direct 2 drive had this to get but it says for usa and canada only..
    well this games out of the pan for me :(

maybe daoc

image     I live in Denamrk, and they sell it at my local game store image

Blizzard employ: "Hey! Lets nerf warlocks"

• DarkAvatar01DarkAvatar01 Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by lauxes
    only gays play shadowbane....and there are no wasd keys..

Oh, and what do you play good sir? Since lauxes is your user name, you must play ShadowBane and swallow/or spit. Please stfu and don't make stupid comments like that. ShadowBane is a great game. Learn to swallow the truth for once.