Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell is wrong with me?

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Ha I did the same. . I played about 10 minutes and then logged out and played the Salem beta.  I could likely get by with beta testing and free week-ends  etc. and never buy a game again.

OP you will pick it up later when you don't feel pressured to enjoy it as much as you expected and you will have fun. . the bonus of no sub.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Already posted this but I logged in for about 2 minutes, remembered how I really didn't enjoy the game throughout beta, logged out and played Lotro with a friend for about 3 hours having a decent amount of fun.

I still actually enjoy TSW too but it's a different sort of game and a nice contrast to something like Lotro. I am completely ok with waiting a few months to see where GW2 is headed and perhaps try it again down the road. I have zero interest in playing it right now. I am actually more excited about RoR expansion for Lotro to be honest.

You stay sassy!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Calerxes

I have a rule when playing beta's...

I only play until I have decided to buy the game then I STOP and wait for launch, the game should be still fresh and interesting.

Playing every beta you can and going through starter areas multiple times can make the launch feel stale. This is what could be happening. Though with GW2 I'm really only interested in the forum drama at the moment I have no desire to buy or play the game, now that weird image

I found this to be the case for me, burnt myself out in betas and stopped playing them.

But like you, my interest in this title is missing, actually preparing to return to EVE in fact. 

At the end of the day, GW2 is yet another iteration/refinement of the standard path kicked off by WOW and not anything like the games I really want to play.

Oh well, there's always Archeage on the horizon, in the meantime back to past I think.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• reef22reef22 Member UncommonPosts: 85

I pre-purchased GW 2 the day they announced.  And I've NEVER even once acutally logged into the game world.  I went as far as the character creation screen then that's it.  Believe me, there were few times I really wanted to just get in but I held myself back until last night.  I knew if I went in then come launch day, it's not gonna be the same any more.  And I'm glad that held back.  Last night was great, seeing the new GW world for the first time.

If you've been playing since the first beta all the way till the last stress test.  Then of course the game is not new to you any more.  You already know what to do, where to go, it's gonna be repetitive to you.  Depending on how far you've gone during the beta tests, let's hope you didn't go too too far.  Then maybe you just need to more through the familar areas and vernture out to the unknow.  And then you might get the excitment back.

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119
    maybe you sort of burned outself out in the beta and dont feel like going through the low lv content again
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Nothing is wrong with you.  You are just like many others that are tired of the same ol' thing.  I don't care how you slice it, GW2 is the same ol' thing in a different wrapper.  It may have an incredibly innovative "BLEH", or a new and improved "BLAH" but when you play it you will realize you have played it before ....... for years.

Like many others released in recent years it's not a bad game, it's just not a new game.  But hey, no sub fee ..... that's a definite plus.

~Hairysun

its not the same old same old that he is tired of .. its all mmos in general. well ya,. same old same old. so i guess its time to play shooter ? idunno

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• gambitknightgambitknight Member Posts: 12
    I will agree that GW2 is an MMO but honestly I'CEO sat through hours and mf HOURS of WoW, rose online, maplestory, cabal online, flyff, c9, and diablo 3, and I must say that this is the best MMO that I've played in a while. It may feel repetitive but its extremely less repetitve and you don't have to grind for endless hours to participate in end game PVP. To top all this off there's no monthly sub, and maybe an expansion every 6 months - year, so you can hate it now and come back 5 years later and love it. Just imo.
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    You can can back anytime...no sub no worries. Frankly I think it is awesome....
  • kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to find a class that I like. It's probably the combat system. I'm totally underwhelmed. I'm trying to like that game but somehow, I can't... :/

The main problem is that you have only 5 skills per weapon. For example My lvl 5 guardian has all greatsword skills unlocked. And I'll use those same 5 skills for the next 75 levels if I use the GS.

• HiHoEskimoHiHoEskimo Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Same here! Tomany good games out there right now. Currently enjoying The Secret World. Will get to GW2 later :)
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

This is the exact reason I didn't play in any of the weekend beta events, I didn't want to spoil any of the surprise.  I enjoyed Guild Wars so I fully expect to enjoy Guild Wars 2.  Guess I will know more on Tuesday after work.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    yep. Thought so. I and many other predicted that threads like this would be popping up all over the place. We salute you Mods for having to deal with this while the rest of us who usually handle it are enjoying the game. I just stopped in here because i was curious. :) back to enjoying the best mmo ever. 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

maybe you just bored of it. I get like that while playing and go to sleep.  wake up and refreashed to play for hours again.

Also I would suggest avoiding WvW from time to time, because it can get boring fast if losing or running back to fights a lot.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

If you feel the need to hold back in betas and such i question the longevity of the product in the first place.

Why put off today when tomorrow may never come?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323

You are approaching the game wrong. 

Log back in focusing on the population of the game and you will be back on track.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I only play until I have decided to buy the game then I STOP and wait for launch, the game should be still fresh and interesting.

Playing every beta you can and going through starter areas multiple times can make the launch feel stale. This is what could be happening. Though with GW2 I'm really only interested in the forum drama at the moment I have no desire to buy or play the game, now that weird image

I found this to be the case for me, burnt myself out in betas and stopped playing them.

But like you, my interest in this title is missing, actually preparing to return to EVE in fact. 

At the end of the day, GW2 is yet another iteration/refinement of the standard path kicked off by WOW and not anything like the games I really want to play.

Oh well, there's always Archeage on the horizon, in the meantime back to past I think.

REALLY? EVEN FROM YOU!

Damn. Going back to my iPod.

• MystlynxMystlynx Member UncommonPosts: 68
    One of the things I noticed right away, I've been blowing through the conversations just to get on with things.  The extreme level of hand holding means I don't need any info the NPC's might have.  Something that did not happen at all with TSW.  But, the dialogue was more interesting there as well.  I know I will play GW2 off and on for the variety.  So far today, I've played it, TSW and even some Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3. 
  • justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by justinope
    I'm in the same boat. I just find the PVE so damn boring that I can't continue- and no one I know is playing sPvP yet (all focused on WvW) I think its pretty retarded that i have to PVE to do WvW effectively. so chances are I'm just not going to play at all.

curious as to which MMO you find has fun PVE

none lol, none at all

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    yep. Thought so. I and many other predicted that threads like this would be popping up all over the place. We salute you Mods for having to deal with this while the rest of us who usually handle it are enjoying the game. I just stopped in here because i was curious. :) back to enjoying the best mmo ever. 

Why would the mods have to "deal" with people's opinions, also why do you think you need to discredit them if you weren't playing the game?

Epitome of fanboyism right there.

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163

I did THIS this time and am glad i did.

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

in the same boat with ya...logged in played for awhile than  logged out, nothing special. meh

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by kevjards
    Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

Fortunately, you picked the best game for this experience. Cuz now you can pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down, pi...well, you get the idea

And so you know, I haven't done any power sessions either. I play a bit, do something else, play a b.....well, you get the idea

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    well i think you need a good kick in the ass on battlefield 3 that will get your mind off all this old mmo crap we all been playing weghting for a chainge but the only chainge is some colors and glitter same old style of gameplay over and ove rlook at most the asian games have been the same for ever they are just starting to get tired of it lol well for me i watched exspendibles 2 and now i realy want to shoot someone seya on the battlefield
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    Originally posted by itgrowls yep. Thought so. I and many other predicted that threads like this would be popping up all over the place. We salute you Mods for having to deal with this while the rest of us who usually handle it are enjoying the game. I just stopped in here because i was curious. :) back to enjoying the best mmo ever. 
    Why would the mods have to "deal" with people's opinions, also why do you think you need to discredit them if you weren't playing the game?

Epitome of fanboyism right there.

It's a spin on the old argument when more and more unpopular posts start to emerge, the staunch defenders need a "reason" for the majority support of the OP's opinion and the lack of GW2 defenders is that everyone who is playing GW2 is so enamored with it that they simply don't have time or desire to poke their heads in other things. Which really sin't true. This argument has been around for years and has persisted through many other games and it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

It's a spin on the old argument when more and more unpopular posts start to emerge, the staunch defenders need a "reason" for the majority support of the OP's opinion and the lack of GW2 defenders is that everyone who is playing GW2 is so enamored with it that they simply don't have time or desire to poke their heads in other things. Which really sin't true. This argument has been around for years and has persisted through many other games and it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

What if the majority doesn't know that these places exist? Where do they fit in?