Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell is wrong with me?

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Another case of you over hyped urself going into the game with bigger expectations to now finally notice it is not the game you were having inside of your head.
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Nothing is wrong with you.  You are just like many others that are tired of the same ol' thing.  I don't care how you slice it, GW2 is the same ol' thing in a different wrapper.  It may have an incredibly innovative "BLEH", or a new and improved "BLAH" but when you play it you will realize you have played it before ....... for years.

Like many others released in recent years it's not a bad game, it's just not a new game.  But hey, no sub fee ..... that's a definite plus.

~Hairysun

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Come with me down the rabbit hole of Independent gaming!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Kevjar it seems your suffering from the famous MMO burnout :)
    Staqy away from mmo's for a time and play some other games, watch movies and do some other hobby's you have.

It will come back and GW2 aint going anywhere :)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Maybe you did all the *new* stuff in beta and now it's just....stuff. Like others said, maybe MMO burnout.
  • ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108

you're burning out brother, just play it like i do, got 3 pcs running, playing a GW2 on one while watching a good movie or series and forums etc on the others.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Staqy away from mmo's for a time and play some other games, watch movies and do some other hobby's you have.

More like wow clone burnout.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Mothanos

thing is atm how can i put this..i would say i,m more interested in TSW.i,m not burntout i just think its better atm..thats not to saay my choice wont reverse..i,m just confused about the shear lack of interest i have in this game atm.i guess time will tell.but one good thing has mentioned..no sub fee so i can go back to it anytime..god my fuckin head is spinning

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by kevjards

thing is atm how can i put this..i would say i,m more interested in TSW.i,m not burntout i just think its better atm..thats not to saay my choice wont reverse..i,m just confused about the shear lack of interest i have in this game atm.i guess time will tell.but one good thing has mentioned..no sub fee so i can go back to it anytime..god my fuckin head is spinning

It's okay to be more interested in one game than another!

People have certain tastes.

Feel free to come back any time you want.  It's not like GW2 is going anywhere. :D

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Meowhead

It's okay to be more interested in one game than another!

People have certain tastes.

Feel free to come back any time you want.  It's not like GW2 is going anywhere. :D

^ this also i'd try a new race/class combo.. some people don't find certain race starter areas/stories as interesting as others 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    I think people who played every beta would get bored a little faster compared to those who didn't. In my case the 'oooh factor' lasted only for first two betas. Thank God PVP is so much fun or i would also be in same boat as OP.

Bite Me

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Nothing is wrong with you.  You are just like many others that are tired of the same ol' thing.  I don't care how you slice it, GW2 is the same ol' thing in a different wrapper.  It may have an incredibly innovative "BLEH", or a new and improved "BLAH" but when you play it you will realize you have played it before ....... for years.

Why are you even on this site hell why are you even play games at all?

every game is the same ol thing as you put it since gaming started.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Play TSW for a while, then play GW2 when you feel like it. As others have said, there is no sub and no rush to get to max level.

You probably just don't feel like starting all over again if you played a lot in the BWE's and stress tests. That's the exact reason why I never got any character over level 5 during that time. I knew I would end up being burnt out when it launched if I did.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I have a rule when playing beta's...

I only play until I have decided to buy the game then I STOP and wait for launch, the game should be still fresh and interesting.

Playing every beta you can and going through starter areas multiple times can make the launch feel stale. This is what could be happening. Though with GW2 I'm really only interested in the forum drama at the moment I have no desire to buy or play the game, now that weird image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Ok so here we are..head start of the most anticipated game in history.i pre purchased months ago (i think).so i created my char ,logged in.played for 5 mins and logged out..i mean wtf.i played beta and loved it.i just cant be arsed at all..has the title of the thread says what the hell is wrong with me?

I felt the same, dude.  It's just so meh to me.  I haven't played the released version but played the beta.  I wish I could put my finger on what I don't like about it..... it's just.. something..  I think it may be the forced tempo of play.  Dunno really.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by shadow9d9

More like wow clone burnout.

^

this

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    I would just love to be able to register my game and play lol

No signature, I don't have a pen

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    It's cool. I remember back with GW1 I kinda just stopped altogether. But came back after 5 years and fell in love all over again. Don't worry. Like many other people here have said, no monthly sub. Take your time. 
  • IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

I felt the same, dude.  It's just so meh to me.  I haven't played the released version but played the beta.  I wish I could put my finger on what I don't like about it..... it's just.. something..  I think it may be the forced tempo of play.  Dunno really.

Same. I actually went ahead and bought the game, rolled an Asura Ele and just finished all of Metrica Province. I'm still only halfway through 14...15/16 is when the next area starts. Asked around in game to see if this was normal, and the fanboi response seems to be that I need to go to the other race's starter areas and level. Zzzzzzzzzzz.... 

The game is o.k. but it's a huge grind in pve so far. There's actually very little content within each starter area that is cleverly disguised. DE's are basically zerg fests kill Xmobs, Heart quests are long and tedious, and all the exploration things are there to fill the gap. Unfortunately it's still not enough to make up for the bad xp curve in the early game.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

This is an issue with playing in betas.  You know the areas, the quests, the systems -- nothing is new and fresh.  So it all feels "old hat".  This is why some of us don't play betas or play them *very* sparingly, just getting a taste, rather than p;laying stuff through.  The people who play stuff through generally either feel like you at launch, or just power through the stuff they already have played a couple of times as fast as they can to get to parts of the game that are new and fresh.

• justinopejustinope Member Posts: 46
    I'm in the same boat. I just find the PVE so damn boring that I can't continue- and no one I know is playing sPvP yet (all focused on WvW) I think its pretty retarded that i have to PVE to do WvW effectively. so chances are I'm just not going to play at all.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by justinope
    I'm in the same boat. I just find the PVE so damn boring that I can't continue- and no one I know is playing sPvP yet (all focused on WvW) I think its pretty retarded that i have to PVE to do WvW effectively. so chances are I'm just not going to play at all.

curious as to which MMO you find has fun PVE

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Izik

Same. I actually went ahead and bought the game, rolled an Asura Ele and just finished all of Metrica Province. I'm still only halfway through 14...15/16 is when the next area starts. Asked around in game to see if this was normal, and the fanboi response seems to be that I need to go to the other race's starter areas and level. Zzzzzzzzzzz.... 

The game is o.k. but it's a huge grind in pve so far. There's actually very little content within each starter area that is cleverly disguised. DE's are basically zerg fests kill Xmobs, Heart quests are long and tedious, and all the exploration things are there to fill the gap. Unfortunately it's still not enough to make up for the bad xp curve in the early game.

This is a complaint thats come up a few times, I get the feeling its designed that when you roll alts those XP boosts in the cashshop will look awfully tempting.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by Izik

This is a complaint thats come up a few times, I get the feeling its designed that when you roll alts those XP boosts in the cashshop will look awfully tempting.

Definitely. It's very reminiscient of LOTRO and the cash shop xp perks they have.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Nothing is wrong with you. It's normal and the way I see it is you are not in the *right mood* to play it now.
    You know, like when you're feeling fussy and only want to watch a comedy movie on movie night etc.