Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come on Arenanet sort your login servers out! booo

Comments

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    my issue isnt the problem, Its the Lack or resonce and NO information to be found

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129
    Nawww poor OP has localised servers that aren't up to his standards. Try living in New Zealand and playing every game without local servers. So ungrateful. :[
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Giddian
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I fear it will take several hours before the servers pops back up :(

I guess they werent prepared for launch.

You cannot prepare for the fact that you have a countdown timer counting to 0 till launch and then having thousands/hundreds of thousands of gamers spamming the login button like hell, go emomode and then spam the login button some more the following hours.

Your blaimimg the timer that hit 0 over 5 hours ago?

What does that have to do with NOW?

eaaaasy, lose the emo.

Just pointing out that you are not the only emokid spamming the login button and is raging because you can not play your character.

You hype a game. you say 'we are going Live that particular day'....what ya get? Gamers spamming the login button the second the servers are ready.

If you can't handle this 'bad service by a mmo developer' you are in for a rough ride in MMO land.

Let the devs put in some fixing patches for the numerous bugs still present, let them figure it out, do something else in the meantime instead of going into banzai mode and clicking 100 times/minute on the login window. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    my issue isnt the problem, Its the Lack or resonce and NO information to be found

Maybe you should try looking harder. Its been posted in several threads, so you REALLY must not be trying at all. Theyve been posting tweets that theyre aware of the issues and looking into it since within 5-10 minutes of it going down.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I fear it will take several hours before the servers pops back up :(

I guess they werent prepared for launch.

You cannot prepare for the fact that you have a countdown timer counting to 0 till launch and then having thousands/hundreds of thousands of gamers spamming the login button like hell, go emomode and then spam the login button some more the following hours.

Your blaimimg the timer that hit 0 over 5 hours ago?

What does that have to do with NOW?

eaaaasy, lose the emo.

Just pointing out that you are not the only emokid spamming the loginbuttion and is raging because you can not play your character.

You hype a game. you say 'we are going Live that particular day'....what ya get? Gamers spamming the login button the second the servers are ready.

If you can't handle this 'bad service by a mmo developer' you are in for a rough ride in MMO land.

They Launched 3 hours early anyhow to help with the login issues and you know what I have been playing fine. Login issues are to be expected on any launch anyone who can not handle that should either 1. not play MMO's or 2. never play on launch day.

• BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44
    lol
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Twitter and Facebook both have posts with updates.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

Arenanet has been tweeting and putting up facebook posts consistently since the problems have been found.  either your completely ignorant to this fact, or your doing your best to sound relavant even when lying through your teeth.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by bluefunk
    Originally posted by andre369

I like many am just getting login server issue over and over and over....

yes I am in the EU.  Seriously living in the EU you get kicked in the nads all the f'ing time.

Yea, too bad you werent born in africa or something. Its headstart, the has not even launched yet, so stop whining.

Yea it sucks that we cany login right now but Ive played maybe 5 hours today so Im happy with that. 

No.  Head start or not Anet needs to sort their crap out.  as the official forums are down this is the only place to communicate our feelings.

And how do you REALLY feel?

I really want to know.

Whaaat?  Don't be a jerk.  login servers aren't working and I have come to some forums to vocalise that.  If the login servers are borked they're borked and I want to tell Anet that as a paying customer who has taken advantage of their advertised 3 day early start, I am annoyed. 

That's how I REALLY feel about it.  So now you really know.

The wild Ragelon used his skill RAGE!!!!!!

Seriously, do you know anything about anything?

This is not even the real realease. This is like a beta, except it goes on forever until the 28th, when it officially launches. They are using this to test their servers and to not get so many people logging in at once on launch.

Calm down dude, this is just a game. I spent 160 bucks on this game, and I am not freaking out.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I would agree that with all of the stress testing they did, and knowning how many people had pre-purchased for the Head Start, it is dissapointing that the loging servers went down.

That said, this is nothing new for game launches. If you were planning on investing 48 hours of gaming time over the weekend, now's a good time to shower, eat something, get some sleep and/or sunlight. :)

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    What update? Got kicked, cant get in for 45 minutes already and no update...
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by angrymime

I was just wondering if anyone is logged in and playing or if everyone is in the same boat.

I had been up about 19 hours when the servers came up, played for about 4 hours before I had to call it a night. I had no lag and the only problem we had (my kids and me) was getting through some portals. We did some WvWvW and decided to call it a night. 

I have had about 4 hours of sleep, got up to login and found the servers down. I would go back to bed but I'm afraid I will miss something!  

Hang in there you guys, it is always rough the first few hours. Everything will be worked out in due time and we will all be back clubbing eachother on the heads! I'm looking for Aerowyn first chance I get!!!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Huh? They've been tweeting like crazy about it.  The community has been passing the info on.  You can't communicate more than they've been.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

OK, since I can't log into the site or the servers I get this responce.

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is

most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. for additional support, please visit

http://support.guidwars2.com.

Is this what everyone is getting?

Originally posted by Amjoco

I would go back to bed but I'm afraid I will miss something!  

First signs of addiction lol!

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Yes
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Muahah glad I sat this one out will possibly pick it up 6 months from now and enjoy my levelling experience.
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Muahah glad I sat this one out will possibly pick it up 6 months from now and enjoy my levelling experience.

Fun part is that in 3d this same thing will happen again. :p

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by andre369

I like many am just getting login server issue over and over and over....

yes I am in the EU.  Seriously living in the EU you get kicked in the nads all the f'ing time.

Yea, too bad you werent born in africa or something. Its headstart, the has not even launched yet, so stop whining.

Yea it sucks that we cany login right now but Ive played maybe 5 hours today so Im happy with that. 

No.  Head start or not Anet needs to sort their crap out.  as the official forums are down this is the only place to communicate our feelings.

And how do you REALLY feel?

I really want to know.

Sore 'nads I guess?

Originally posted by slicknslim88

Arenanet has been tweeting and putting up facebook posts consistently since the problems have been found.  either your completely ignorant to this fact, or your doing your best to sound relavant even when lying through your teeth.

First off, I dont use twitter or Facebook. I was relying on their own site for info. You would think that would be were you would look.

Second, Whats to lie about? you cant get any info off their own site or forums

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Damn ArenaNet for starting an additional stress test after the launch ;D I'm actually thankful since I was starving before I got dropped from the server >_>' At least I got some time to eat, time for a short walk now... Ah, mmorpg launches!
  • Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    They should have had a stress test to prevent this sort of thing
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Learn to Internet? Seriously though, more and more people are using social media to communicate with customers. Anet are one of them.

Yeah I hate it too, it's the way of the world.

OK, since I can't log into the site or the servers I get this responce.

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is

most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. for additional support, please visit

http://support.guidwars2.com.

Is this what everyone is getting?

Can anyone answer this?

• daizidaizi Member Posts: 1
    well, still waiting here????