Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addictive action game

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

After being thoroughly disappointed with D3 I gave PoE a shot to get my hack n slash on.

I'm impressed by the huge skill tree.  Your character really feels unique.  I chose a dualist for my first class and the number of builds I'm considering is daunting.  It's a min/max'ers dream.  Not to mention I can use any skills I want, I'm not limited to my class.  I'm also pleased to see more wide open area in PoE where D3 felt very claustrophobic.

I'm happy to support an indie developer.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    The huge and wide variety on the possible builds of a character are really mindblowing. Its one of the best points in POE and waiting anxiously for it. I just wish more mmorpg's to embrace open character builds from player side instead of set it by the devs predetermined with little choise to the players.
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Also have to agree with all points made. PoE is a great arpg even in beta. Love all the build customization and the dark atmosphere.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    The skill chart is overwhelming and there are no plans for a respec, which I both like and dislike, but that's about the only issue I had with the game. I genuinely lost track of time while playing, which is one of my personal measures of the fun factor of a game. The graphics work well for the game, the effects are well done and the gameplay is engaging. Really enjoyed my time playing this game.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    The skill chart is overwhelming and there are no plans for a respec, which I both like and dislike, but that's about the only issue I had with the game. I genuinely lost track of time while playing, which is one of my personal measures of the fun factor of a game. The graphics work well for the game, the effects are well done and the gameplay is engaging. Really enjoyed my time playing this game.

you can get an orb to refund a skill point or get the refund skill points from quests. so if you saved all the  point might help to rebuild your skill tree. For now I am playing  summoner witch the build is pretty easy to build. there is also a passive skill builder where you can make your own build before putting your skill points into the passive skill tree.