Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smooth launch and amazing performance

impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

For me. I logged in the minute headstarted here in Europe. Not only was I surprised to login without any errors, but the performance of the game on my 4yr old rig is nothing short of amazing.

Comments

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Not all are so lucky :( In game, its no problem, no lag and all is fine, but i just logged out to check one thing, and cannot log in :((( Problems are definetly present, but not at a very huge scale like usual when MMO's launch.

Still, i dont undersand. Why cant you make a working product? Why after all BWE's and ST's... THE GEM SHOP AND AH IS DOWN!? Why are we content when getting a clunky buggy game/software, but not when buying clunky shoes with holes in it, or wear with tears in it, or clothes that are sewed incorrectly? Meh....

Well, lets as usual hope they fix it...

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Well it's not like that now, thought id leave it 30mins to avoide the rush but now the game cannot connect to the login servers =(

Goes to show that it's not easy to gauge how many people will try to log into a new game.. happened to blizzard big style with Diablo3 and is now happening with GW2, just we dont get a cool error code this time.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I was able log in twicw this morning. Got prompted to download the beta driver, so i logged out to do so. now I have not been able to get back in due to traffic :( just my luck :)

Owe well heres to keep on trying. At least i was able to go food shopping and maybe il get the vacuming done :)

• GandolfiGandolfi Member Posts: 43

Yes - have been in since 06:30 UK time (90 mins before offical start time) and game is running better than ever, no lag, graphics on pretty much max. Too much fun for words.

Only glitch I've seen so far is that the Trading Company isn't working atm and some people on Gunnar's Hold have mentioned problems with guild chat. 

Game itself is totally sweet for me.

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

Flawless for me too =D

Some guild invite related issues but it's nothing major

• chillizchilliz Member UncommonPosts: 96

Are you fanboys even watching streams of actula people PLAYING THE GAME? There are so many bugs and glitches ituntrue.

People not being able to port out of towns

People not being able to invite people

Cannot see guild members

Cannot promote guild members

Problems grouping and inviting players ETC ETC ETC.

Stop pretending there are no problems. Kungen from nihilas reported so many bugs while his streaming its untrue.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Watching impatient people getting so angry things aren't perfect is way more fun than playing.
    Any true MMO fan knows launch days have issues, that ALL do.
    Thank you for these reactions, sooo entertaining :)

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Watching impatient people getting so angry things aren't perfect is way more fun than playing.
    Any true MMO fan knows launch days have issues, that ALL do.
    Thank you for these reactions, sooo entertaining :)

yep also enjoying the forums :)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i had a lil problem at the character creation after  choosing my name , its was saying i was under firewall and my port was not open or something, but beta and stress test worked fine, well anyway i closed and relaunched the game and its worked fine after that,

now the only issue is . all server get full so fast, and Friend could not make it,

we tranfered to a lower 1 , its went fast to full again .. damit still missing some friend ,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Chilliz, LOL, problems at launch? That NEVER happens, must be fail?

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204
    Funny reactions. I have already logged in and out three times without issues though. So many people do seem to have trouble to log in?
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Trouble-free for me as well. 

The reasons why some people don't have trouble and others do, is why I don't work in IT any more ;)

• GandolfiGandolfi Member Posts: 43

@chilliz -

No I'm not watching feeds - why on earth would i want to do that when I have GW2 right in front of me (2 PCs on my desk).

I'm just reporting how it is for me.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Been perfect for me :D
  • Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188
    After an hour of trying to log-in I finally menaged to create a toon...just to get a black screen issue at the end of the intro and "transaction in progress" error since then.  Can't say it is a flawless start for me.
  • DrezzdinDrezzdin Member Posts: 30
    Logged on right at 12 am est. No problems....runs.fantastic!! 4 hours of gaming but time to sleep. Truly sorry to all having problems ...hope you get in soon!