Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I finally did it

sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I bought a Asus Geforce4 socket 939 SLI 300HP 5-speed 27" waterproof motherboard...

Now I just have to save up for the 7800GT or GTX

All it took was my 6800gt to go out... Which brings me to a question.

I installed 2 SATA drives and had to take out the card in the process. All was well and I reinstalled the geforce card fine. Now when I try to turn it on and have the DVI pluged in, it gives me a no connection signal on the monitor. If I use a VGA cord, I get Artifacts (I think that is what it is called when you get colored pixeled boxes all over your screen). I cannot make out anything because the screen is full of colorfull crap. I sent an email to BFG Tech (the card manu.) but I also wanted to ask my fellow mmorpg members if they had similar problems and know if there is a way to fix it. I might send it in since it is under warranty or just say screw it and get that 7800. Well i have to get the pci card now since i just bought a sli board. but if i sent the 6800gt card in i would use it on the second comp and maybe sell or give away the 6800 that was already in my second comp. Make sense? :P

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    A waterproof motherboard? What is the use?image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

What good is a waterproof motherboard when the other parts are not?

But if you get the full package waterproof sure would take watercooling to a different dimention! Just dump it in a stream or ocean! lol

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

lmao noob i was kidding about the waterproof part. I was simply making fun of specs of computer parts.

None the less, I just bought a 7800 GT (Not GTX) for $415.00 including tax. I am actually having to use Linux at the moment because I screwed up my computer by trying to use windows on an IDE and dual boot linux on a SATA HDD. I don't know why, but Windows installation gives a blue screen error when trying that and I can never get into windows.

Anyways, hopefully I can get the mobo monday or tuesday and get the new card in. I am also still waiting on a reply for the damn 6800gt i bought previously. I hope I can fix it easy, or at least get it repaired under its warranty.

Originally posted by moonfog

What good is a waterproof motherboard when the other parts are not?
    But if you get the full package waterproof sure would take watercooling to a different dimention! Just dump it in a stream or ocean! lol

lol, good one image

*edit*

Thats pretty cool man but me, I just need to buy a whole new computer......image

|

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

woa sick nice specs, i hope it turns our nice. i wish i was joo!

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

nice.
    i got my cash set aside to buy all the parts for my new rig...onlything is i too scared to do it. not all that tech savy, and i dont even know if all the parts are compatible lol. but still ill end up doing it and probably having it all sit in a pile next to the comp im using for months and months til its outdated too.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Submerge it in vegetable oil. Then, I will be impressed.::::39::

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Where have you been Kiamde?

Originally posted by dekron

Where have you been Kiamde?

Maybe he was in Questworld.... (if you don't get the joke, you might be too old image)

|

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I've been around. I havn't seen much that pulled my trigger [so to speak] when it has come to posting lately.

Hey, today is my two year anniversary. Ding 2 for me.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Originally posted by Kiamde

I've been around. I havn't seen much that pulled my trigger [so to speak] when it has come to posting lately.

Hey, today is my two year anniversary. Ding 2 for me.

you mean this exact day?

|

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Gratz Kimde. . . . 2 years on this site. . . . ::::20::
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    I recently upgraded to a 7800GT from a 6800GT and didnt really notice much except for a lot more frame rates. Nothing spectacular! But still worth the money. I get like 60-70fps in HL2 like I said nothing drastic. I used to get like 40-60fps (frames per second)

I tried making a dual boot with Ubuntu (Free Linux) I succesfully fucked my computer up so bad I had to take to some computer place to fix it. Then I asked him if he could make the dual boot for me. So now I have a dual boot with linux which I never ever use. . . And I wasted alot of money paying the dude.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

LOL, I just looked at the date. Congratulations Kimde...

|

You have posted the most Ive ever seen in a 2 day period. . . . lol j/k. Just thought Id point it out hehe

Originally posted by FilipinoFury

You have posted the most Ive ever seen in a 2 day period. . . . lol j/k. Just thought Id point it out hehe

image So I made post, is it a crime? Besides you know darn well I don't spam . . . . Have you been keeping watch on Batryal X lately?

|

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Originally posted by FilipinoFury
    You have posted the most Ive ever seen in a 2 day period. . . . lol j/k. Just thought Id point it out heheimage So I made post, is it a crime? Besides you know darn well I don't spam . . . . Have you been keeping watch on Batryal X lately?

Ok. . You are right you arnt spamming a m sorry. .I will get rid of it if you want me too.

• BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

heh. Yeh Betrayal has been posting ALOT lately, but somehow always finds something even mildly interesting.

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.