Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Everquester wondering...

Hey there... So uhm... Bac in the days I used to play alot of Everquest...

Now I'm wondering because ppl tell me that a lot of ppl are migrating back from other games to Everquest... Do I wanna begin all over in Norrath or give DAoC a try?

What is the max lvl in DAoC?

How about the population?

Should I try out European or US servers?

Why should I go with DAoC instead of EQ1 all over again?

What pet class is the best to solo with? And why?

If you can answer any question posted here, please do so =)

Thank you.

I'm not really here...

Comments

• Blingbling2kBlingbling2k Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by Andarian

Now I'm wondering because ppl tell me that a lot of ppl are migrating back from other games to Everquest... Do I wanna begin all over in Norrath or give DAoC a try?

Thank you.

Okay, ill try and help you out abit here.

What is the max lvl in DAoC? The max level is 50, so if your looking for a long hard grind DAoC is not really your thing (Espcially with catacombs) If you want a grind dont buy cata, but I would pick it up if I were you (Awesome expansion) W/O the cata the grind can get abit diffucult near the end but it is nothing compared to L2 or some other titles out there. Or for a really good grind pick up ToA. But be prepared lol

How about the population? Well the population seems to be doing alright, the major normal servers are around 1300 online (Uasully, correct me if im wrong) But thats proboly not whats interesting you. The calssic servers. Well I play on lamorak but I wish I was on gareth, my reasons for this being gareth has a higher populationa and it will be more fun with more groups and RvR action and stuff. I hear that crowd is really mature too. Lamorak is alright, it can be pretty dead sometimes. Gareth is at 2500+ most the time and lamorak is at 1700 I think.

Should I try out European or US servers? US US US US US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I go with DAoC instead of EQ1 all over again? Well simply because DAoC will be a new expierence which will be fun, and you dont wanna go thru all the EQ crap again lol. Dont forget the RvR, and the funnest end game expierence you could get.

What pet class is the best to solo with? And why? - Im just a lowly vampiir haha, I cant help you there.

I hope that helped u out, if U have any questions ask.

Guild Wars - Rorick Aurlith E/Mo pumped up with the best armor and weapon, has all his skills, and runes. PvP King!

Dark Age of Camelot - Leaton 50 Vampiir - Lamorak - Guild: Magic and Mayhem!

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

Im just doing the 14 day trial right now, but I will say they have some nice looking pets in this game, variety. I only have low lvl charaters but my necromance is the best soloer, you cant be attacked because your a shade :), can cast life taps to heal pet. Bone dancer is my next choice, you get an instant lifetap that you can keep spamming to stay alive while you and your pet beat mob down. At higher lvls you get 2 additional heal pets to help with healing, im not there yet. Spirit master and Cabalist are fun to, just not as good soloers to me at my low lvl, dont know about higer lvls. Havent tried pvp yet so dont know that either lol. I like the garreth server better than the lamorak, higher population and I havent been insulted there for asking questions :).

• AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 17

Wow... Thank you so much for that very detailed answer... Was more than what i was hoping for... =)

Think I'll try out a US server with a necro or a bonedancer when my connection is restored... =)

Thank you!

I'm not really here...

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

There are alot of good pet classes. I guess it depends on what you want your pet to be doing.

Sorcerers and minstrels are both good pet classes but you have to go charm a mob and use it as a pet. You cant just summon it up.

Come to think of there are about 6 or possibly more pet classes. So Id do my research.

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Originally posted by Andarian

Thank you.

1400+ normal servers, 1800+ classic servers

US

DAoC is funner :P

Necromancer

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

If you want a pet class then go for an Enchanter. We do not need anymore albs running around.

• EathanEathan Member UncommonPosts: 6

Most of your other questions have been addressed, but I do not see that anyone stepped up on your comparative question about DAoC as opposed to EQ.

I too started in EQ and spent a good number of years I enjoying myself, but I did not have the time in to truly reach the high end for raiding. So I simply sloughed along enjoying myself with no means to reach tne "end-game" content.

Until DAoC came along.

While my time blocks did not change very much, the game was very different. It is possible to do something meaningful in short periods of time and when I get to 50, there is something to do, not just go on raid after raid to get this item or that item. RvR is exciting and scary and some of the best times I have had in any game (And I have played many of them). I still jump out of my seat when an assassin pops up on me. I still lean into the screen when a battle gets pitched and it is a close one, that only one lucky blow will decide who walks away the victor.

In Everquest the end game was always more bigger harder. With little or nothing to really show for it, unless you happened to have enough guild equity to roll on that pair of gloves that is an upgrade to your equipment.

In DAoC while I can gather coin hunting to buy crafted and ensorcelled weapons and armor, the fun is in the Fontier. The battles are mobile and challenging. Lay seige to a mile gate to reach an enemy relic. Rush to the aid of an embattled keep to save your own relic. Man a trebuchet, a catapult, a ballista, a battering ram to destroy or defend a tower. Even lie on the ground in the hopes that the tides of battle will sweep back in the other dirrection to allow your Healers to ressurect you back into the fray, while watching some huge armies trample your corpse. Trolls, Elves, Half-ogres, Lurikeen, Kobolds, Dwarves, all the different races stepping on your head trying to bring glory to their Guild, Alliance and Realm.

That is what I love about DAoC and why I prefer it to EQ, EQ2, Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Horizons, Shadowbane, and all of the other ones I have tried over the years.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Just to correct the first to reply, 50 is not the highest level. When you reach 50 if you are playing on a normal server there is master levels. This is from the Trials of Atlantis expansion. They are a huge long grind. There are also artifacts, ie; weapons and what not that you can also level up. So if you are looking for a grind, get all of the game and play on a normal server as the classics dont have ToA. Personally I thought ToA was overkill.
  • Zeron44Zeron44 Member Posts: 2
    Well I would say Try out DAOC .  Back around 2002 when I started To Play MMORPGS I got EQ because that was pretty much the only MMORPG that I knew of. and of couse since it was my first MMORPG experance I loved it, but now that I look back at it EQ 1 was SO boring and was all a grind. If you compare it to WOW or EQ2 . EQ1 is nothing. and Now that Im trying DAOC , I wish I would have gotten this game back when I started Playing MMORPGS.