Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it break any MMO rule if I decided to play GW2 and MoP at the same time?

MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114

I am thinking about giving both games a fair chance and play them both Not having a personal opinion on one game vs the other. To me they both look like they would be fun. So the only thing I am wondering Would I be breaking some kind of MMO rule if I played both of them at the same time?

As you can see this is ment to be a light harted thread.

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I don't think so, but i believe play what you like.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by MrNo
    I am thinking about giving both games a fair chance and play them both Not having a personal opinion on one game vs the other. To me they both look like they would be fun. So the only thing I am wondering Would I be breaking some kind of MMO rule if I played both of them at the same time?As you can see this is ment to be a light harted thread.

No.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

If Highlander taught us anything, it is that "There can be only one".

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    There are MMO rules??

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    why would you care what others thought of you if you played GW2 and MOP at the same time?  Its your money you do whatever you want to, as for me im playing STO,SWGemu, SWTOR, GW2, and RIFT at the same time and the world is still evolving, and also i could give a crap if that made other people pissy because its my money and i need it now, wait a second its my money and i do what i want with it LOL.  Bottom line you do what you want to do.
  • MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    There are MMO rules??

Well MMO gamers take their games seriously kind of like fight club I would imagine.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I think most people will do something similar.

GW2 is a different sort of beast. The leveling process is an illusion, because you never really get any more 'power' from it.. you're just level scaled about all over the place. No gear progression, that gets scaled with level too. I wonder why you even have to level to 80 in the first place.. other than zone restriction.

Those of us that love MMO, I mean 'really' love MMOs, know that GW2 isn't the same kinda thing we know and love.

I intend to play the hell out of GW2. I love the game.. but I've just subbed to EQ2, for the first time ever, and plan to be playing that as well.

EQ2 will be my MMO fix.. GW2 wil be my GW2 fix.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

you should be ashamed of yourself.

but seriously, with no sub fee on gw2 it lends well to playing along with any other game..

if pandas are fun play some pandas, i know several people who are playing gw2 with me and excited for the pandas.  

There are MMO rules??

Well MMO gamers take their games seriously kind of like fight club I would imagine.

Understood. But why would a MMO gamer care what I play?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Do it. Both will be fun.
    There are MMO rules??

Understood. But why would a MMO gamer care what I play?

Good point.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    burn the heathen  burrrrrn
  • alienspaalienspa Member Posts: 10
    At the same time? You'll need a good pc and a lot of skill!
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    What happens if you play Gw2 90% of the time?  Will you keep paying for the sub from MoP?
    Originally posted by Vannor

I think most people will do something similar.

GW2 is a different sort of beast. The leveling process is an illusion, because you never really get any more 'power' from it.. you're just level scaled about all over the place. No gear progression, that gets scaled with level too. I wonder why you even have to level to 80 in the first place.. other than zone restriction.

Those of us that love MMO, I mean 'really' love MMOs, know that GW2 isn't the same kinda thing we know and love.

I intend to play the hell out of GW2. I love the game.. but I've just subbed to EQ2, for the first time ever, and plan to be playing that as well.

EQ2 will be my MMO fix.. GW2 wil be my GW2 fix.

Nice. Let me know how you feel about EQ2.  I subbed back in February.  EQ2 has to be the largest MMO I have ever played - but its just screaming for a graphical update.  After awhile I couldnt get through the combat.  I had six action bars and it just didnt become fun.   The community is also pretty sparse.  I rarely saw other people which I actually liked at first since I wanted to level alone.  But as I got into my 30s I longed to group with someone.

The leveling/AA aspect is AWESOME and wish someone would port that functionality into a current MMO.  The ability to determine how fast you level is great.  Wish there were more voice acting as reading the wall of text (which was written well and worth reading) started to grate on me.

But you will definitely never run out of things to do :-)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I am thinking about giving both games a fair chance and play them both Not having a personal opinion on one game vs the other. To me they both look like they would be fun. So the only thing I am wondering Would I be breaking some kind of MMO rule if I played both of them at the same time?

there are no mmo rules to break by playing 2 mmos.... ill be playing GW2 and of course i will play MoP when it comes out (on and off due to sub) but will still play GW2 at the same time

Originally posted by Badaboom
    What happens if you play Gw2 90% of the time?  Will you keep paying for the sub from MoP?

Had not thought about this. So it would seem to make it worth my investment for MoP I would have to play it at least 55% of the time. That is free time dedicated to gaming time.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    By the time you max out MoP, get to doing daily quests and a raid run every reset day, you might be glad of an alternative MMO with no sub. Have at it.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I will be playing both as well and I could give a rat's azz how others feel about it....unless someone else is volunteering to foot my bill.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121

You're not breaking any rules at all, that said I don't think you will be able to do that for long. The 2 games are to different sooner or later one of them is going to annoy the hell out of you. me personally even if I tried to play MoP it wouldn't last long I would be annoyed at having to go deliver a kill quest to a npc to get my reward, kill stealing, no active dodge or block mechanic. If you don't play GW2 those things don't tend to annoy you me included but once you do experience it, it is very hard to go back.

Let's say humans still live in caves, while this is the status quo no one will notice or question that better things can be done but, suddenly someone makes a hut and shows it to you, you sleep there and now you've witnessed what an improvement it is suddenly it is inconceivable to sleep in a damp, insect infested cave anymore.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Do it up.
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    I think this is what the Mayans meant when they said the world was ending in 2012.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Had not thought about this. So it would seem to make it worth my investment for MoP I would have to play it at least 55% of the time. That is free time dedicated to gaming time.

that is why i will play MoP on and off, because of the subscription so when i pay for a month of WoW i know ill play WoW a bit more than GW2 during that month. Then back to GW2 full time when wow sub ends

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    If you feel the need to ask this in a forum, you might need to wait a few more years to mature.

Originally posted by BTrayaL
    If you feel the need to ask this in a forum, you might need to wait a few more years to mature.

lmao you did not read my OP then i mention it was a light harted thread. tyvm