Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent forum posts filter option

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Is this possible to do here? That would be sooo handy.

Comments

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Is this possible to do here? That would be sooo handy.

You mean like filtering entire sub forums from the recent post list? That would indeed be handy.

We can already block users but I'd love to be able to block entire game subforums aswell.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Failings
    Originally posted by Foomerang Is this possible to do here? That would be sooo handy.
    You mean like filtering entire sub forums from the recent post list? That would indeed be handy.

We can already block users but I'd love to be able to block entire game subforums aswell.

Same. That would be an awesome feature with these boards.

I wrote this letter to the "contact us" form. Hopefully, someone will respond

Hi there. I would like to request a way to filter recent post activity. I enjoy clicking on recent posts because it is the best way to find out the latest info about games and be involved in active discussions. However, a problem occurs when a handful of games dominate the recent post page. I think there are two simple fixes to this.
    1. Increase the amount of pages you can view when you click on recent posts. As it is now, its only one page. So we get to see about 40 of the most recent forum entries. The problem is on any given day, about 75% of those threads belong to 3 or 4 games. An interesting thread about another mmo may become bumped off the recent post page in a matter of minutes. There are times when I would have liked to find out new info about an mmo that I rarely visit its subforum. And a lot of times, I dont even know a game exists. An interesting thread comes out for it, and its buried in under an hour by popular game threads. I wouldnt even know to look for it. Its just luck sometimes when someone replies to a buried thread and it gets bumped back to the recent page. So making multiple pages to search through for recent threads would help that.

2. The more user friendly and convenient way would be to allow members to customize their recent forum posts page. Similar to a watch/unwatch option, members could have the ability to add/remove a subforum from the recent posts page. That way, I could log on and look at topics for games that are less popular and discuss topics that I may have otherwise missed that I may find interesting. Thank you for your time.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    But then you might miss a GW2 thread!!!!!
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

This has been brought up before and if I recall correctly it's just not something we're looking to do. If you know what forums interest you and what forums do not, I would suggest simply adding your favorites to your Favorite Games list and checking them out individually to find out what's new. Alternatively, you can click the "More posts" button the real time feed and you'll have a larger list of recent posts to look through.

You can also set up RSS feeds for your favorite forums.

Originally posted by MikeB
    This has been brought up before and if I recall correctly it's just not something we're looking to do. If you know what forums interest you and what forums do not, I would suggest simply adding your favorites to your Favorite Games list and checking them out individually to find out what's new. Alternatively, you can click the "More posts" button the real time feed and you'll have a larger list of recent posts to look through.You can also set up RSS feeds for your favorite forums.

What about forum posts for games I don't know exist but might like? Thats one of the main reasons I come here. Discovering new info about games I don't typically follow or know about. The recent forum posts button is the only real way to do it without manually clicking through every subforum to see if there has been something new posted. They just get buried so fast with whatever trending games are dominating the forums.

• popcorn2199popcorn2199 Member Posts: 52
    Sounds good to me

-popcorn2199

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by MikeB
    This has been brought up before and if I recall correctly it's just not something we're looking to do. If you know what forums interest you and what forums do not, I would suggest simply adding your favorites to your Favorite Games list and checking them out individually to find out what's new. Alternatively, you can click the "More posts" button the real time feed and you'll have a larger list of recent posts to look through.

You can also set up RSS feeds for your favorite forums.

What about forum posts for games I don't know exist but might like? Thats one of the main reasons I come here. Discovering new info about games I don't typically follow or know about. The recent forum posts button is the only real way to do it without manually clicking through every subforum to see if there has been something new posted. They just get buried so fast with whatever trending games are dominating the forums.

As I mentioned in another similar thread, if you click More Posts on the feed you should get a much larger list of real-time post tracking going on. I don't feel our forums move fast enough that you won't see posts from other games in the expanded feed. Give it a shot and let me know.