Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it to buy in now?

TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

I'm considering getting the Founder's Edition. Can anyone who's currently playing in the beta give me their impressions? I'm sure there's an NDA, but I'm just looking for opinions, not details.

So, in your OPINION, is it worth it to fork out the cash for a Founder's Edition? Are the mechs you get worth it? Can the mechs you get thru the Founders Edition be earned / purchased elsewhere?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
-Glen Cook

Comments

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76

Worth it? IMHO, yes, even if you just get the 30$ one.

The 60$ and 120$ version of FE thats sort of up to you. Im pretty sure you can get the 30$ and upgrade if you decide later you'd like the founders mechs.

Also this is not going to be available for purchase anymore after August 6th!

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by VitaminK

Worth it? IMHO, yes, even if you just get the 30$ one.

The 60$ and 120$ version of FE thats sort of up to you. Im pretty sure you can get the 30$ and upgrade if you decide later you'd like the founders mechs.

Also this is not going to be available for purchase anymore after August 6th!

Correction; Founder's package will no longer be available after September 6th.

Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

I'm considering getting the Founder's Edition. Can anyone who's currently playing in the beta give me their impressions? I'm sure there's an NDA, but I'm just looking for opinions, not details.

So, in your OPINION, is it worth it to fork out the cash for a Founder's Edition? Are the mechs you get worth it? Can the mechs you get thru the Founders Edition be earned / purchased elsewhere?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Founder's mechs will not be available in any other way besides purchasing a Founder's Package. They cannot be purchased or earned in game, or so they have said.

Personally, I think it is worth it to at least get the $60 package to get 1 Founder's mech. I haven't talked myself into the $120 package, but I am considering it. Just not sure about another $60 for 3 more mechs, especially when 2 of the mechs would not be my preferred mech in their weight class. If you are considering the $30 package, then I don't see why you wouldn't spend the extra $30 to get 1 of the mechs. You're still really only spending what most box copies of a game costs at that point.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

if you enjoy Mechwarrior games you will like this its only multiplayer death match currently, they have about 2 more months until open beta(thats a somewhat educated guess)

But I also think if you are paying member of ign.com you get beta acess that might be a cheaper way, but otherwise there are certainly worse ways to spend $30

• vieplis666vieplis666 Member Posts: 33
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    Game is too crap for p2p, soon will come much better FREE TO PLAY mech game Hawken

Not sure how you are making that determination against 2 unreleased games.

From what I know and have seen regarding the 2 games, my guess would be that anyone who liked the old Mechwarrior games will love MWO and someone looking for a more arcade feeling FPS style mech game will enjoy Hawken. Again, that is just my opinion based on what I know and have seen from the 2 games.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Thanks, everyone. Took the plunge and decided I wanted all 4 Founders Mechs. So far, so good.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• USSCUSSC Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, everyone. Took the plunge and decided I wanted all 4 Founders Mechs. So far, so good.

image I did the same.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

So much crap, so little quality.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Hawken is garbage compared to MWO.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

NDA even states that you're not allowed to say you're playing. So I guess no1 will be able to say anything about the game (yet)