Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Guild Wars 2 MMORPG.com Guild Information

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Earlier this year the community came together around the idea of having an official MMORPG.com guild for community members to use in playing together during Guild Wars 2's various beta weekend events and stress tests. Here at MMORPG.com, we love nothing more than when the community comes together around something like this, so we threw all our weight behind it, and with our combined efforts the guild turned out to be a success!

Given the guild's success and interest level, we've decided to carry the guild into launch, and today we're making it official!

So, what do you need to know about the official MMORPG.com Guild Wars 2 guild? Well, first of all, this guild is about YOU, the community, and that includes your leadership. While we (the staff) will be forming the guild and putting on events here and there, most of us on staff will mainly be here to support whatever it is you're doing with the guild. For example, if you're looking to put on some cool in-game event with the guild and want help promoting it all you need to do is get in touch with me and I'll be glad to lend a helping hand.

With that out of the way, we'd like to introduce you to star, who will officially be leading the guild. Star, along with DeaconX were instrumental in leading the charge on the beta weekend guild and we're glad to have her back for launch. Star is but one person though, and she'll need all the help she can gets, so if you're interested in helping out in an official capacity please shoot her a PM!

The guild will be a PvX guild, this means we welcome all members who are interested in any activity Guild Wars 2 offers. Again, if you're particularly passionate about a certain activity type, I would encourage you to get in touch with star. Ex. Maybe you want to be our official WvW officer because you have a ton of experience with RvR/WvW and know how to lead a group.

As far as rules go, we're going to keep it simple. Basically, if you don't think you'd get away with it on our forums, it's probably not going to fly in the guild. Simply put, treat each other with civility and respect, even when you disagree. Just have fun and keep a cool head! Guild Wars 2 is an extremely social game, so we hope that drama will be minimized here. Disruptive, abusive, or disrespectful members will be removed from the guild.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty now.

Guild Name: MMORPGCOM

Tags: MMO

Server: Jade Quarry

'Holding' Server: Ferguson's Crossing

-What is a holding server? We expect Jade Quarry to be a highly populated server, so there is a good chance that at the beginning of head start access, many users may not be able to actually set Jade Quarry as their home server and create a character right away. If you find yourself in this position, please create your character on Ferguson's Crossing (a new server we expect to be low pop) and check back on the World Selection list periodically until Jade Quarry is no longer listed as Full. At this point, you'll be able to transfer to Jade Quarry, as server transfers will be free for the first couple of weeks.

Mumble (Voice) Server:

IP: 208.100.23.153
Hostname: voice20.chicago.hypernia.com
Port: 54748

-If you need to install Mumble, go here.

-Also, go here for an awesome Guild Wars 2 Mumble skin and Overlay.

Forums: We've put together a set of forums here in the GW2 section to give official guild members a place to hold relevant discussions. We're looking into creating permissions restricting posting in this section to guild members only, but in the meanwhile, we ask that you please do not post in the guild forums unless you are an active member of the guild. Disciplinary action will be taken against accounts causing disruption in these forums.

Joining the Guild:

If you've read up to this point and you'd like to actually join up, the process is fairly simple. PM either myself, star, or BadSpock, and we'll get you added to the official on-site roster.  Be sure to include your Guild Wars 2 account display name, this is basically your global name in Guild Wars 2 and what is used in the game's Contacts list. Your display name will be set as your Handle on the on-site roster so that we can all add each other and know who is who on the forums and in game.

Once you've been added to the on-site roster, simply get in touch with any of us in-game so we can add you to the in-game roster.

IMPORTANT: If you were part of the beta weekend event guild, we've wiped all users except for officers from the roster. You will need to get in touch with us again in order to rejoin the guild. Consider this a roll call of sorts. ;)

UPDATE: Added Mumble Info!

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Nice, room for a grizzled ol' fan and his kids?

Sounds like it should make for quite a lot of good times. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Sounds good Mike see you on the 25th :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cool, count me in.image
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I haven't played in any of the BWE nor the stress test. With that said is the server on the east or west coast?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Thanks for the information Mike!  Thx for the work Star, Deaconx, badspock, and mikeb!  Count me in!

cheers!

edit: thx to you too Bill!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• DariusGearDariusGear Member Posts: 94
    Totatlly down, good job and good work. God speed :D

We go trough life with many yet there is a time we must walk our path alone.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Keep those PM's coming for those who want in,

be sure to give me your gw2 account name -

Feel free to add me to and msg me in game!

heerobya.2067

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Tagging for laters.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Kewl, cyall in game!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Please add me in game @: zaryi.3597! I'll be posting all my character names within 25 minutes of the servers going up, and we'll get invites going right away.

I'm crazy excited for this, and I can't wait to explore and defend Thyria with you guys!

For Glory!

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

You guys n Gals anygood at games?

Tehehe, poke.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Pretty decent ;)

And I apologize for any derp spelling *coughThyriacough* because it's 8am and I'm typing on a phone :(

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Count me in!!! Mageick.8130
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    I haven't played in any of the BWE nor the stress test. With that said is the server on the east or west coast?

All NA servers are in Texas, IIRC. No regions outside of NA/ EU.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by MikeB

Any word on Mumble? 

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Ok thanks. I sent you a request to be added to the official mmorpg.com guild then since that's the case. My handle is: Rhomeo.4208

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Human Thief
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    My Name be GrayGhost.6857 and My Asura Engineers name is Gray Ghost... I know, shocker! Sent PM hope to get invite :P 
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I really wish this community had picked another server. Instead of just adding to the population issue. Oh well. 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I really wish this community had picked another server. Instead of just adding to the population issue. Oh well. 

guys could always transfer to Rall:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I believe we should move, its pretty bad.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I believe we should move, its pretty bad.

I'll join up with you guys if you move ot Rall:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Same here. I finally left because I am on a different server, so I am not really "in the guild". I even tried transferring 3 times in the past 3 weeks to Jade Quarry with no luck. All the functions happen on one of the most populated servers so even getting a friendly temporary transfer is tricky to be able to participate. It's great if you worry about WvWvW (providing you can get in and participate), not so great for guild functions...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

Earlier this year the community came together around the idea of having an official MMORPG.com guild for community members to use in playing together during Guild Wars 2's various beta weekend events and stress tests. Here at MMORPG.com, we love nothing more than when the community comes together around something like this, so we threw all our weight behind it, and with our combined efforts the guild turned out to be a success!

Given the guild's success and interest level, we've decided to carry the guild into launch, and today we're making it official!

So, what do you need to know about the official MMORPG.com Guild Wars 2 guild? Well, first of all, this guild is about YOU, the community, and that includes your leadership. While we (the staff) will be forming the guild and putting on events here and there, most of us on staff will mainly be here to support whatever it is you're doing with the guild. For example, if you're looking to put on some cool in-game event with the guild and want help promoting it all you need to do is get in touch with me and I'll be glad to lend a helping hand.

With that out of the way, we'd like to introduce you to star, who will officially be leading the guild. Star, along with DeaconX were instrumental in leading the charge on the beta weekend guild and we're glad to have her back for launch. Star is but one person though, and she'll need all the help she can gets, so if you're interested in helping out in an official capacity please shoot her a PM!

The guild will be a PvX guild, this means we welcome all members who are interested in any activity Guild Wars 2 offers. Again, if you're particularly passionate about a certain activity type, I would encourage you to get in touch with star. Ex. Maybe you want to be our official WvW officer because you have a ton of experience with RvR/WvW and know how to lead a group.

As far as rules go, we're going to keep it simple. Basically, if you don't think you'd get away with it on our forums, it's probably not going to fly in the guild. Simply put, treat each other with civility and respect, even when you disagree. Just have fun and keep a cool head! Guild Wars 2 is an extremely social game, so we hope that drama will be minimized here. Disruptive, abusive, or disrespectful members will be removed from the guild.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty now.

Guild Name: MMORPGCOM

Tags: MMO

Server: Jade Quarry

'Holding' Server: Ferguson's Crossing

-What is a holding server? We expect Jade Quarry to be a highly populated server, so there is a good chance that at the beginning of head start access, many users may not be able to actually set Jade Quarry as their home server and create a character right away. If you find yourself in this position, please create your character on Ferguson's Crossing (a new server we expect to be low pop) and check back on the World Selection list periodically until Jade Quarry is no longer listed as Full. At this point, you'll be able to transfer to Jade Quarry, as server transfers will be free for the first couple of weeks.

Mumble (Voice) Server:

IP: 208.100.23.153
    Hostname: voice20.chicago.hypernia.com
    Port: 54748

-If you need to install Mumble, go here.

-Also, go here for an awesome Guild Wars 2 Mumble skin and Overlay.

Forums: We've put together a set of forums here in the GW2 section to give official guild members a place to hold relevant discussions. We're looking into creating permissions restricting posting in this section to guild members only, but in the meanwhile, we ask that you please do not post in the guild forums unless you are an active member of the guild. Disciplinary action will be taken against accounts causing disruption in these forums.

Joining the Guild:

If you've read up to this point and you'd like to actually join up, the process is fairly simple. PM either myself, star, or BadSpock, and we'll get you added to the official on-site roster.  Be sure to include your Guild Wars 2 account display name, this is basically your global name in Guild Wars 2 and what is used in the game's Contacts list. Your display name will be set as your Handle on the on-site roster so that we can all add each other and know who is who on the forums and in game.

Once you've been added to the on-site roster, simply get in touch with any of us in-game so we can add you to the in-game roster.

IMPORTANT: If you were part of the beta weekend event guild, we've wiped all users except for officers from the roster. You will need to get in touch with us again in order to rejoin the guild. Consider this a roll call of sorts. ;)

UPDATE: Added Mumble Info!

Please, can you move the guild to Henge of Denravi? I am in Jade Quarry and sometimes we don't have any challenge at all because we have taken everything on the map. Sometimes we have to wait and let Stormbluff Isle to take a couple of bases so we can go and prepare our organized attacks :)

edit: bad spelling as always

• diablos_demidiablos_demi Member Posts: 2
    BAAAAHHH!!!! I need to get my hands on this