Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rusty Hearts: A Quick & Easy to Pick Up Brawler

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rusty Hearts burst on the scene recently and has already captivated many players with its robust 'brawler' action. MMORPG.com Managing Editor Bill Murphy takes a look at Rusty Hearts and offers up our official review. Check it out and then let us know your thoughts in the comments.

I’ve written about Perfect World Entertainment’s Rusty Hearts in the past, and for those of you who read those articles this review might seem a bit redundant. As a dungeon-crawling brawler, RH performs admirably, and at times excels in several ways. The story is a decent romp, the combat is addictive and fast-paced, and it’s the perfect game to pick up and play in short spurts.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Rusty Hearts: A Quick & Easy Pick Up Brawler.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

Looks promising, I will definitly try it!

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

I found this game quite fun, it aint a game i spend endless hour in but thats never what this was made for.

Its great for some short game sessions.

Playing this game with keyboard is very akward in the start and i would recomend that you use a controller.

I got to max level with keyboard but i had to reconfigure all buttons else it was unplayable.

If anyone that reads this and want to use keyboard i would advice you set it up like this :

w/s/a/d as movment and use numpad 5 as normal attacks then place skills on other numpad keys

That shouldt be to akward compared to the standard keyboard setup

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Seriously? 7.3? I played this game and it is awful. Truely a waste of time and hard drive space.

• CodiviusCodivius Member Posts: 30

Dl'd it, installed it.

Played it for 1 minute. Remapped the keyboard. Played it for 5 more minutes - still hating the control and feel.  Came out of the opening action bit and saw 15 copies of me standing around and more counterintuitive interface. 

Exited.  Deleted it.

Yes I did say in an earlier comment on Rusty Hearts that it'd probably worht a shot and there's nothing to lose.  I wasn't wrong: I gained 6 minutes of agony.  It's not the sort of virtuous skullsmashing as in the videos.

Currently playing: Skyrim, SWTOR
    Looking forward to: Guildwars 2 ! modestly excited for: The Secret World
    Have played intensely: Rift, Eve, AoC, WoW, Conquer 2.0, Astonia 3
    Have played less intensely: just about everything else

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Wait you played thru the opening and then 6 mins, and say it is bad not even going into further parts or trying it out. Just said  "oh look 15 of me here, and i hate the controls" Then you quit. I play it and i went into the actual game not the intro and short but bt the cannals and such kills groups of mobs and then came out. Is it like other mmos that have more substance? No but it is worth it if you like co-op hack and slash games. i play with my gf and she enjoys it too.I spent roughly 45 mins getting my controls right, going in and out changing and messing with the keybinding just to get it rright. 

• dammyboydammyboy Member UncommonPosts: 8

This is a perfect review for this game... imho this game focuses on the fun action combat, where i had the beset fun playing with a xbox controller which feels very genuine, kind of like devils may cry. Its perfect for shorter sessions when u need a dose of action without havin to strain your brains beyond the thought what combo is the best to mash the mobs with :)

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I dl'd it ... played it for 5 minutes ... hated the controls .. stuck with it ... now have 23 hours of mindless hack and slash fun put into it.

Though honestly ... it's lack of anything better to play ;)

• DokemDokem Member UncommonPosts: 18

I played for a couple of months during october 2k11. I had a lot of fun. I played with a controller and with a friend. We noticed this game as you can play it via Steam and it's a free MMO.

Then I don't remember why I stoped playing this.

I liked the hack and slash brawler and the dark anime style. Worth a try but it won't be a life changing experience.

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54
    Nice review, I generaly agree. The game can be very repetitive, but for some reason, it is not boring, it's very addictive, I like the game very much!
  • xKatherinexKatherine Member Posts: 7

Yes, the game is nice indeed. But the game gets boring after an hour or two, maybe three spent on dungeoning. It's also a really good game to live yourself out after a very frustrating day xD

I noticed that I only play it whenever I'm really angry about something and just go and rage in the dungeons until my anger is over, lol. 

It's also not that easy to make contacts with other players (well that's what I noticed, don't know if it really is so) which makes it sometimes a quite lonely gaming time.

But after all, this game really deserves the points it got :)